Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 04:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

There's mounting evidence that Manafort in Dec 2016 was attempting to sell positions on tRump's cabinet and WH staff.

Mueller is looking into a potential bribery agreement by Paul Manafort - Business Insider

This just keeps getting better.

GOP = Government of Putin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 05:01 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
"The allegations that Mueller's team is looking into claim that Manafort promised Calk he would grant him a spot on Trump's cabinet if Calk gave Manafort $16 million in home loans for properties in New York City and the Hamptons."

Good one!

Who would imagine someone from Illinois? Must be something in the water there.

Yes this could have been something that Gates sang about and could be more charges against Manafort or both.

However, I don't think this is a reason to keep it sealed.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:34 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
"The allegations that Mueller's team is looking into claim that Manafort promised Calk he would grant him a spot on Trump's cabinet if Calk gave Manafort $16 million in home loans for properties in New York City and the Hamptons."

Good one!

Who would imagine someone from Illinois? Must be something in the water there.

Yes this could have been something that Gates sang about and could be more charges against Manafort or both.

However, I don't think this is a reason to keep it sealed.
I vaguely remembered reading an article last spring that talked about Manafort's real estate transactions in NYC using a pattern similar to that used by money launderers.

I dug the article up and low and behold, it quotes Stephen Calk explaining why Manafort's loans weren't suspicious at all. It also notes that Calk was "one of President Trump’s earliest fundraisers"

Paul Manaforts Puzzling New York Real Estate Purchases

You're right, the Calk angle probably doesn't have anything to do with keeping it sealed, but, if Calk was helping Manafort buy and sell properties in NYC, who's to say who else he may have been helping "arrange financing."

It's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle; we're missing some of the center pieces still.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:47 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
One last Manafort tidbit for those working on the jigsaw. It's probably just a coincidence that Manafort was talking about filing protests against the delegate selection results in Colorado after the 2016 primaries, right after he took over as Trump's campaign strategist. It's really interesting to go back and re-read some of these old articles. Especially the ones like this one where Manafort says Trump feels the election system was "rigged."

And, I can't recall - did the President ever actually file a protest about the Colorado and Missouri delegate results after all?

Donald Trump’s new campaign strategist vowed Sunday to protest the delegate-selection results in Missouri and Colorado. “We will be filing protests. Colorado, we’re going to be filing protests. … You saw it in Colorado last week, where the voters were left out of the process,” Paul Manafort said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Manafort vows Trump will protest Missouri, Colorado results

Old 02-21-2018, 05:53 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
I applaud those posters digging into the indictments and connecting the dots. You guys are like John Nash. I don’t know enough about the details to know if you are the Nobel Prize winning genius Nash or the paranoid delusional Nash posting crap all over his wall, but I suppose time will bear that out.

I applaud you either way.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:56 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Manafort's in a tough spot.

While the rest of them can get shorter prison terms and go on their merry way, prison is the least of Manafort's worries.

Prison is a breeze compared to Polonium tea.
I think that may be at the back of McDonnie's mind as well.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:59 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There's mounting evidence that Manafort in Dec 2016 was attempting to sell positions on tRump's cabinet and WH staff.

Mueller is looking into a potential bribery agreement by Paul Manafort - Business Insider

This just keeps getting better.

GOP = Government of Putin

All fake news. And even if it were true, Manafort barely knew Trump. They passed each other in the hallway once............Maybe.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:01 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
I vaguely remembered reading an article last spring that talked about Manafort's real estate transactions in NYC using a pattern similar to that used by money launderers.

I dug the article up and low and behold, it quotes Stephen Calk explaining why Manafort's loans weren't suspicious at all. It also notes that Calk was "one of President Trump’s earliest fundraisers"

Paul Manaforts Puzzling New York Real Estate Purchases

You're right, the Calk angle probably doesn't have anything to do with keeping it sealed, but, if Calk was helping Manafort buy and sell properties in NYC, who's to say who else he may have been helping "arrange financing."

It's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle; we're missing some of the center pieces still.
Hey - the Russian money was coming in too fast to put it in a bank. They had to stash it somewhere, and a condo in Trump Tower at three times appraisal looked like a good idea at the time.

Last edited by cuebald; 02-21-2018 at 07:27 PM..

Old 02-21-2018, 06:12 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
There's also this today:

Mueller is looking into a potential bribery agreement by Paul Manafort

Jist of it is that Mueller is investigating whether Manafort promised Stephen Calk, president of Federal Savings Bank, a job in the White House if he approved Manafort's loans. Calk was later announced as a member of Trump's Council of Economic Advisers.

Here's another Bloomberg article from last July that gives more insight on Calk's relationship to the President and Manafort: Stephen Calk A Chopper Pilot Who Flew Into Trump Orbit

On the surface, it wouldn't seem to have anything to do with the Russian probe, but it will put more pressure on Mueller to cut a deal, perhaps involving revealing details related to Person A and Person A's family (or something else).

Off topic, but I keep wondering what Steve Bannon discussed in his 20 hours of meetings with Mueller last week.
I'd bet that Bannon spilled the beans on just went on during the Campaign.transition and early days in the Whitehouse!!

Bannon kept a rather LOW profile during his tenure and got assigned many questionable locations ( including National Security Council seat) .. and had the ear of DJT for over a year. He knows exactly where all the bodies are!!

People like DJT and Bannon are not adverse to THROWING any and ALL under the bus when it comes to self interests! DJT really should've recognized similar traits in S.Bannon, LOL!!

Old 02-21-2018, 06:44 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
All fake news. And even if it were true, Manafort barely knew Trump. They passed each other in the hallway once............Maybe.
Didn't Manafort bring the coffee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies