Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 11:47 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times

Advertisements

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...al-case-419685

It appears that new charges in the Manafort case may have been filed. Im guessing Gates has flipped and we are seeing the first results of that information.

Mueller seems to be accelerating the pace as of late
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 01:18 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Apparently, there was fraud involved in at least one of the properties Manafort used to secure his bail and guarantee he'll appear in court.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1G104D

Old 02-21-2018, 01:20 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Manafort's in a tough spot.

While the rest of them can get shorter prison terms and go on their merry way, prison is the least of Manafort's worries.

Prison is a breeze compared to Polonium tea.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:41 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,920 times
Default New Mueller criminal charges against Manafort and Gates are sealed because of #PersonA ?

New indictments filed in light of Gates flipping...

"Its inclusion in a binder in the court clerk’s office that is routinely updated with new criminal charges signals that Mueller’s office may have filed a superseding indictment replacing a previous one from last year against the two men."

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-us...-idUKKCN1G52D9

New indictments are sealed. Likely this means they contain the name of #PersonA

My theory is Firtash is person A because

#1 Gates wouldn't call a London lawyer and speak Russian to ask Van Der Zwaan to forward a message to Manafort who he has known for years.

Another reason to be sealed is they contains the name Trump. This would explain his Twitter storms.

Last edited by pbmaise; 02-21-2018 at 03:50 PM..

Old 02-21-2018, 04:00 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
I posted this earlier. No one seemed all that interested at the time. As for why they are sealed? They may reference someone not yet indicted, as to who that is-thats hard to say. Your guess is as good as any. Nothings leaking from Mueller.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I posted this earlier. No one seemed all that interested at the time. As for why they are sealed? They may reference someone not yet indicted, as to who that is-thats hard to say. Your guess is as good as any. Nothings leaking from Mueller.
The gun bots drumming to keep Trump in office seem to have pushed your post already to page 2. I do check before posting.

The key point here is that the van Der Zwaan guilty plea was due contacts with Gates.

Contacts made by Gates when working for Trump campaign and before the election.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I found your post, yes it was already on page 2.

You really need to write more descriptive headlines. You didn't mention that charges appear to be both Manafort and Gates and that they are sealed and suggest why.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:38 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
The gun bots drumming to keep Trump in office seem to have pushed your post already to page 2. I do check before posting.

The key point here is that the van Der Zwaan guilty plea was due contacts with Gates.

Contacts made by Gates when working for Trump campaign and before the election.
Now why would Gates contact Van der Zwann, and why would Van der Zwann lie to the FBI regarding that contact. Mueller's group has been pretty tight but one of the investigators indicated in court that the payments for the report were the tip of the ice berg, I think this will be big. Van Der Zwann felt the need to record the conversation with Gates, why?

Old 02-21-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Now why would Gates contact Van der Zwann, and why would Van der Zwann lie to the FBI regarding that contact. Mueller's group has been pretty tight but one of the investigators indicated in court that the payments for the report were the tip of the ice berg, I think this will be big. Van Der Zwann felt the need to record the conversation with Gates, why?
It is important to keep the eye on the football. Today that football is hidden in clues coming from Mueller.

The crowd in the stadium are watching the Blimp circulating overhead, the cheerleaders, or went for more snacks.

Meanwhile, just a few of us are left to study, read between the lines, and watch the game.

I have been searching the news. All day yesterday, and just now, I searched for discussions as to who "person A" is. Nada. Few seem interested in #RussianProb

These new indictments must be related to what Gates did while working for Trump campaign.

Recall van Der Zwaan deleted Gates's email. How much you want to bet Gates's deleted his email too?

Now who did Gates copy on his email? Likely, Gates copied Manafort and someone else in the campaign who has not yet been indicted. Hence, the seal.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:56 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,640,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There's also this today:

Mueller is looking into a potential bribery agreement by Paul Manafort

Jist of it is that Mueller is investigating whether Manafort promised Stephen Calk, president of Federal Savings Bank, a job in the White House if he approved Manafort's loans. Calk was later announced as a member of Trump's Council of Economic Advisers.

Here's another Bloomberg article from last July that gives more insight on Calk's relationship to the President and Manafort: Stephen Calk A Chopper Pilot Who Flew Into Trump Orbit

On the surface, it wouldn't seem to have anything to do with the Russian probe, but it will put more pressure on Mueller to cut a deal, perhaps involving revealing details related to Person A and Person A's family (or something else).

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-21-2018 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies