Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Guns and abortion. The only thing conservatives care about.
More guns may be sold today, but less household have them per capita. More guns in each household, was common the farther back in time we can go. There was never a gun problem when almost all homes had a gun in them. Less households today have guns than then, so it make no sense blaming the gun, or any type of gun.
There has always been evil people in the world and the USA has had our fair share. Evil people are cowards and cunning. They are not so stupid to go in guns a blazing into the police station, or the Sheriffs office.

People not in the military, were surprised to find out, our troops are not armed when on base and the Ft. Hood assassin was able to rain his evil, undeterred.

I care about people protecting themselves from evil.

Just think if an embryo had it's 2nd amendment, to defend those wanting to murder it.
New York, aborted more black babies than were born last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 12:33 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So for the past year-plus, when 60%-plus of the US has been screaming that Trump is the biggest threat to his own supporters who are just too (either) ignorant, or willfully blind to see it, and the response has been consistently that we are just haters, so blinded by our hate for Trump that we'll make anything up.

Now, all the sudden, you have that AHA! moment, and you think you have an original thought?

That is just freaking priceless!!!!
Because the only thing the left has presented this whole time is those scary Russians! If there were actual, you know, policy issues that we disagreed with we'd have been there with you. You know-because conservatives actually looks for fact and policies, not just that their side lost and are throwing a temper tantrum.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Because the only thing the left has presented this whole time is those scary Russians! If there were actual, you know, policy issues that we disagreed with we'd have been there with you. You know-because conservatives actually looks for fact and policies, not just that their side lost and are throwing a temper tantrum.
DNC(Clinton Initiative) hired George Soros groups to fund the election interference, from outside the USA. It wasn't just Russian nationals he funded to meddle in our election.
Soros run company owns the voting machine system used in now 17 states. Was 16 during Trumps run, Alabama was added just before the special election for the Senate seat.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:48 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Then I'm not talking to you, I was talking about Conservatives, which you just stated you are not.

My post had nothing to do with Russia, and everything to do with fact and policy. We've been saying all along that he's just saying what he has to say to get his base to vote for him, and then he'll do what's in his best interest. This thread was started on exactly that premise. The left warned about how the people with 'conservative values', and how the working class, and the very people who voted for him were going to be the first ones to be screwed. Now that it's happening, it's like you just discovered something new.

Those of us with any critical thinking skills have been predicting this since well before the election. Meanwhile, you've aparently been so busy deflecting that you didn't notice.

And I probably owe you an apology, I always thought you were a conservative. You've helped me to see I am wrong.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:13 PM

7,771 posts, read 6,376,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
HW. ran on No New Taxes and then he raised the taxes.
Trump is going down the same road with peoples rights.
It will be his Waterloo. Trust me.
But I don't trust you.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:32 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,983,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
But I don't trust you.
Never trust someone who says “Trust me”
Never believe someone who says “Believe me”
Never listen to someone who says “that I can tell you”

Old 02-22-2018, 01:36 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Never trust someone who says “Trust me”
Never believe someone who says “Believe me”
Never listen to someone who says “that I can tell you”
Or, "I'm the only one who can fix it."

Old 02-22-2018, 01:39 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,983,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Or, "I'm the only one who can fix it."
Yeah, that too.

Also:

“No one is more < insert positive trait here> than me”

Old 02-22-2018, 01:41 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
So if Trump actually shots someone on 5th avenue (like he said), will his supporters still support him? When you're in office and given a responsibility to protect and enforce the laws (which is the importance of the executive branch), it's extremely difficult to balance individual rights and public safety. Technology, human nature, and perspectives go hand at hand, and the people emphazing more public safety policies are unaware of how it sets the standard down to road to eventually violate individual rights. Just wait until AI, face recognition, etc comes more prevalent. 9/11 literally changed everything, and it only takes 1 person to ruin it for everyone else...

Old 02-22-2018, 01:55 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Agreed-but at the same time if an 18 year old can carry a rifle while serving this country-why can't he go buy one for his own use? Or a bottle of beer for that matter? ALL laws that restrict the rights of 18-20 year old adults are idiotic. But if we can accept raising the age to buy a rifle-why not the voting age? Voting impacts far more people than one person buying a rifle does.
Its weird to me seeing all this debate about changing laws for age based things, and using the military as a justification for setting it at 18.

A 17 year old can carry a rifle while serving his country. The lower age limit to get killed in defense of the united states is 17. Yes it takes parental consent. I couldnt drink, nor could I vote. But I was old enough to go to war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies