Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 09:18 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And the people that are responsible for trafficking those firearms are breaking several Federal firearms laws doing it.
Let's add more, think it will help ?
I also see people saying look at Illinois's tough gun control laws and look at Chicago gun crime rate . I pointed out how so many of these guns come from Indiana who has rather lax laws.

Why don't these same people point to NYC. A bigger city with tough guns laws that has seen gun crime decrease. And in NYC's case it is bordered by states with tough gun laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 09:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It's amazing that so many people are outraged that they have discontinued their association, but no one is bothered by the fact that the OP deliberately created a debt with no intention whatsoever of paying it.
While no fan of some of the poorly researched content within many of the the OP’s prolific threads, the OP did not say she had no intention of not paying her debt.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:25 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,569,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And the people that are responsible for trafficking those firearms are breaking several Federal firearms laws doing it.
Let's add more, think it will help ?
Exactly. So what do we need? Yet more laws criminals don't follow. How about let's try enforcement of existing laws, and better law enforcement.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:27 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I also see people saying look at Illinois's tough gun control laws and look at Chicago gun crime rate . I pointed out how so many of these guns come from Indiana who has rather lax laws.

Why don't these same people point to NYC. A bigger city with tough guns laws that has seen gun crime decrease. And in NYC's case it is bordered by states with tough gun laws.
Unfortunately logic eludes some people in these forums

Old 02-25-2018, 09:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
NRA has about 5 million members in a country of 325 million. Not all members are US citizens.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:33 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:

It's illegal for a felon to own a gun in Indiana (actually, all 50 states), so how are Chicago's gangbanger felons still getting them? Hmmm...???

Old 02-25-2018, 09:37 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I had noted in another similar thread that I had not known of all of the membership benefits a NRA member received.

Looking at the NRA website, there is a lot, including, oddly, prescription drugs:

https://benefits.nra.org/
I did notice the link for the car rental was deleted, but the placeholder remains. 😂

Old 02-25-2018, 09:39 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:

Well, not really. Vermont an Pennsylvania's laws are far from tough. In the case of those two states , i think it is a perfect example of what worked in one place doesn't always mean it will work everywhere.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:43 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Exactly. So what do we need? Yet more laws criminals don't follow. How about let's try enforcement of existing laws, and better law enforcement.
All for that. Also hospitals that have diagnosed individuals with certain mental illnesses need to share that info with the ATF/NICS the moment the individuals turn 18.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:47 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The "adults" had better listen to them. As David Hogg said in an interview, "You might as well quit. We will outlive you."
Really? Why should I listen to a teen? Someone who's never had to defend against anyone or anything? Someone who's never bought a thing unless it's with Daddy's money? Any one of us could get in a car and be gone by tomorrow.... and while I think the young man has every right to say what he thinks, he's fixing to get a dose of adult and find out that life's not fair. None of us are invincible.

Do I feel for the youngster and his schoolmates for what happened. Absolutely. Do I want it to happen again. Absolutely NOT! But another part of the reason I won't listen to him is because he's talking with emotion. His feelings are raw, as they would be with anyone who'd been through that. But when your talking about anything, from guns to finances, to all the problems we're facing, when you talk with emotion you're also not thinking with your brain. You're thinking with your heart. For once in our lives maybe, maybe we could think with BOTH. Banning guns won't solve the problem. Sticking our head in the sand won't solve the problem. And someone telling me neener neener I'm going to outlive you, isn't exactly filling me with confidence that his solution is the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies