Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 05:27 PM

29,004 posts, read 14,345,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Since they're overwhelmingly liberal no it's not surprising to anyone.

Why is it so hard for anti gun nuts to recognize that others do like them, that 95,000 per year use them to defend themselves and that it's supported by the Constitution?

If you actually wanted to "do something" about school slaughterers you wouldn't focus on the AR-15 and ignore what creates the shooters in the first place. Guns have been around for hundreds of years, semi autos with high capacity magazines have been around for over 100 years. You aren't looking for a solution, you're looking for a scapegoat.
Very well stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 05:30 PM

15,580 posts, read 10,306,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Do you get a free Info Wars T-shirt with every membership?
no t-shirt. but I'm getting a NRA duffle bag to transport my guns and ammo to the shooting range when I practice shooting as a thank you gift for my membership. I wasn't expecting a thank you gift as I joined the NRA on principle, but the bag was a nice benefit.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:36 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,083,035 times
Predictable. All Leftist sympathizers.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:03 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,954,994 times
And what are these organizations going to do exactly?

Why are they not shouting in their very loud voices about the four wuss cops from the Broward County Sheriff's office who stayed outside with their guns drawn while the children were inside being shot up.

Why are they not shouting in their very loud voices about the 18 calls that came into the Broward County Sheriff's office from family and neighbors who told the sheriff's office that Cruz was nuts, had access to guns and was going to shoot up a school.

Why are they not shouting in their very loud voices about the call to the FBI about Cruz being a school shooter that did not get acted on, about the mental health breakdown he was suffering that everyone knew about but no one acted on, about the posts on Facebook, about the bullet casings in his back pack, about all of the multiple clues that were given by this killer that the school, the cops and the FBI refused to act on.

If just one of these calls had been acted on, if just one person had done their job, if just one person had not dropped the ball, the children would still be alive. And yet these organizations have set their hair on fire because of the NRA.

One more huge fail.

Why is it the loudest most obnoxious voices are the ones that have absolutely nothing to say and are just going to get in the way of the adults handling this.

UPDATE: I see extreme liberals are taking matters into their own hands to make sure the children in schools are safe. Gov. Jerry Brown of California just signed a bill prohibiting teachers from shooting back at a shooter in their schools.

Last edited by carolac; 02-24-2018 at 06:12 PM..

Old 02-24-2018, 06:25 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,731,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
And what are these organizations going to do exactly?

Why are they not shouting in their very loud voices about the four wuss cops from the Broward County Sheriff's office who stayed outside with their guns drawn while the children were inside being shot up.

Why are they not shouting in their very loud voices about the 18 calls that came into the Broward County Sheriff's office from family and neighbors who told the sheriff's office that Cruz was nuts, had access to guns and was going to shoot up a school.

Why are they not shouting in their very loud voices about the call to the FBI about Cruz being a school shooter that did not get acted on, about the mental health breakdown he was suffering that everyone knew about but no one acted on, about the posts on Facebook, about the bullet casings in his back pack, about all of the multiple clues that were given by this killer that the school, the cops and the FBI refused to act on.

If just one of these calls had been acted on, if just one person had done their job, if just one person had not dropped the ball, the children would still be alive. And yet these organizations have set their hair on fire because of the NRA.

One more huge fail.

Why is it the loudest most obnoxious voices are the ones that have absolutely nothing to say and are just going to get in the way of the adults handling this.

UPDATE: I see extreme liberals are taking matters into their own hands to make sure the children in schools are safe. Gov. Jerry Brown of California just signed a bill prohibiting teachers from shooting back at a shooter in their schools.

Smart move. If I had small children in schools, the last thing I would want is an untrained person randomly spraying bullets where a bunch of kids are congregated. I know you gun lovers think every person should be armed and that every person is capable of being a proficient shot. Got news for you, teachers may be great at teaching the ABC's, but the vast majority of them couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I am a very good shot, but I would not want the responsibility of trying to take down a bad guy if he were mixed in with a group of innocent kids, all scampering for their lives. Too much can go wrong.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,141,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You hope.
Not hoping, I know. All hype and no substance.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:31 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,826,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Communist Party USA is on the list. Figures.
So is Wal-Mart. So what?

Old 02-24-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Predictable. All Leftist sympathizers.
Wal-Mart is a leftist sympathizer? Who knew???

Old 02-24-2018, 06:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,388,716 times
hmmmm

.think progress......communistic and fascist, FUNDED BY Soros..

nuff said

Old 02-24-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Dang with a list that long maybe half or more of the American population itself are now radical activists.

I wonder, what did America do in the 20th century maybe open the door to every radical in the world to migrate in and set up shop? America was practically a libertarian country 300 years previously.

America was a British colony 300 years ago. Also a French and Spanish colony, of course. Plus Russia owned Alaska...

Oh, wait...

Just what part of "America" was this libertarian Utopia you envision, 300 years ago?

Last edited by CraigCreek; 02-24-2018 at 06:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies