Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 06:53 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The courts have already ruled that the Constitution does not allow for that. They have thrown out handgun bans already.

Which if one gun was eliminated, someone who wanted to kill would have no problem using?
It doesn't have to be a semi auto. A revolver will also provide protection. In any case, don't be so certain the Constitution and courts will not change. Our history is full of examples where the courts nuance their way or even outright overturn decisions they made in the past. Conservatives hope for such an event with Roe v. Wade. In the end, the Constitution can be amended. Given enough outrage, what seems improbable or even impossible now could well happen in the future. It would be wise for responsible gun owners to join in demanding reasonable restrictions on acquiring and possession of some classes of firearms.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:53 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
I could link to dozens of videos.. but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX4Xr_PRpbo
None of them are doing 30 rounds in 5 seconds.

The first guy may have done 18 or 20 but he was firing at the same target repeatedly.

And did you notice the guy cooling down the barrel with water?

That's because if you try to sustaine that rate of fire for very long, the barrel will actually start to melt..

Old 02-25-2018, 06:55 AM

1,705 posts, read 537,577 times
Quote:
They are nothing of the sort. At least Northman is willing to be honest there.
In the US, there is no better weapon then the AR-15, to do this sort of thing. Belive me!

I am gun nut.. I chose not to own a pistol or AR-15 here, because I would have be a member of a club to do so.

I prefer to do my own thing, and own bolt action rifles and shotguns for hunting.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:55 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Another great thread that is going no where.
Some love guns, some hate one gun AR15.
223/556 bullets are made of so many different variables, powder, bullet design, etc etc. Yes, they are designed to kill.
AR15s are used for competition shooting, hunting, SD, HD, and can carry .17HMR to .50 Beauwolf. Its like a mustang or chevy camaron, very versatile, low recoil, and easy to shoot.
Point taken.
But, the 2A is a right.
Your feelings are of no concern to me and my right to have a gun, rifle, musket, shotgun, etc etc. Feelings, thats all you got. No fact, no actual solution, just emotional feelings of banning one very specific type gun..
What we should be focusing on in how to better serve/protect our children within the school for emergencies. Really. These threads go no where, and they are full of ignorance..

Last edited by Steve40th; 02-25-2018 at 07:09 AM..

Old 02-25-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
None of them are doing 30 rounds in 5 seconds.

The first guy may have done 18 or 20 but he was firing at the same target repeatedly.

Again.. picking on minute details don´t win you the discussion.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:02 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It doesn't have to be a semi auto. A revolver will also provide protection. In any case, don't be so certain the Constitution and courts will not change. Our history is full of examples where the courts nuance their way or even outright overturn decisions they made in the past. Conservatives hope for such an event with Roe v. Wade. In the end, the Constitution can be amended. Given enough outrage, what seems improbable or even impossible now could well happen in the future. It would be wise for responsible gun owners to join in demanding reasonable restrictions on acquiring and possession of some classes of firearms.
The Constitution can be amended. The courts can rule in other ways BUT being a Constitutional issue will make it harder. Neither is going to happen in the near future so is the argument that we should just argue endlessly until maybe some time in the future things change?

What we can do and do now. We can do comprehensive health coverage for all. No, it's not going to address every issue but it will address some. A complete gun ban which is not possible wouldn't address all issues either. We are never going to be able to get rid of guns in this country unless you want the government breaking down doors and forcibly removing them and even then they won't.

If the "left" would argue, "Fine, you say it's not the gun it's the person and most of these people have mental health issues and since we can address that, why are we not"?

This is a perfect opportunity. Many who weren't for universal coverage would be OK with it when the alternative is further attempts to ban guns. What are politicians going to say? Yes, the problem is people with mental health issues but we are going to do absolutely nothing about that even though we can"?

This is a perfect platform for the left. For some reason that is not being done. We prefer divisiveness and poking people in the eyes.

Bunch of power hungry selfish morons.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:04 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
In the US, there is no better weapon then the AR-15, to do this sort of thing. Belive me!
No.

Quote:
I am gun nut.. I chose not to own a pistol or AR-15 here, because I would have be a member of a club to do so.

I prefer to do my own thing, and own bolt action rifles and shotguns for hunting.
Cool but irrelevant.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
This is a perfect opportunity. Many who weren't for universal coverage would be OK with it when the alternative is further attempts to ban guns. What are politicians going to say? Yes, the problem is people with mental health issues but we are going to do absolutely nothing about that even though we can"?

This is a perfect platform for the left. For some reason that is not being done. We prefer divisiveness and poking people in the eyes.

Bunch of power hungry selfish morons.

Sooooo, the Left gets Universal Healthcare, paid for by taxes by everybody.. and the Right gets the 2a.

Now, mentally unstable persons, can be treated again without funding problems.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
No.

Cool but irrelevant.

I am sorry but you are wrong..

Old 02-25-2018, 07:08 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
I didn't read the whole thread. (I usually don't if I come in late)

But are we saying this trauma surgeon is lying?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-guns/553937/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies