Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 11:51 AM

79,903 posts, read 43,915,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think we can live without guns, knives on the other hand have have a purpose
Does that go for police officers also?

Old 02-25-2018, 11:53 AM

4,797 posts, read 3,478,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wait. Did you just tell people to stop calling people names and then call them "little kids" in the same sentence? Do you actually engage your brain before you write?

I'm just going to leave this here...
Yes I did, you child.. LOL

Old 02-25-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
They'll never admit that it's the failings of American society that have caused these shootings. No discipline in the homes or at school. The "everything goes" mentality. Glorifying vile, filthy, disgusting rap music and the degenerates that spew this stuff. The list goes on. As long as certain segments of our society glorify violence then they'll reap what they've sown.
It's also a lack of comprehensive mental health coverage. I will also note that I do not believe anything in your list caused the Tsarnaev brothers, Timothy McVeigh or the 911 conspirators to do what they did.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:54 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,464,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think we can live without guns, knives on the other hand have have a purpose
Can't hunt deer or hogs with a knife... but I can with an AR. And have.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nP9L3i...ature=youtu.be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANKgTj...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-25-2018, 12:02 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,228,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Death is death, is it not? Your words were...
Death is not death. Its why a premeditated murder gets you life in prison but accidental manslaughter might get you 3 to 5 years. Intent is a vital component of our law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Are you shifting the goal posts? Or changing your stance of your argument to that solely of murder? Because if so, what do you propose for knives, handguns, hands fists feet etc...
You used stats for accidents vs stats for murder as if they are of equal measure. So no I am not shifting goal posts I'm just pointing out the illogical fallacy of your argument.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:09 PM

39,810 posts, read 26,318,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
RPG's are tightly controlled, why aren't criminals using them? If your scenario were true criminals in this country would all be armed with military hardware. They aren't. They use what we are allowed to use. If we aren't allowed to use semi-autos. Where would criminals get them from?
Meth is tightly controlled-why do we have such a problem with it? Pot is still illegal in this nation (federal law)-how hard is it to get a joint these days? Heroin is banned...nah, we don't have an opiod problem. Banning something only impacts the law abiding. Criminals don't use RPGs because they aren't very practical for them. Kinda hard to rob a store with an RPG when the cash register will be in the next block after you shoot the clerk.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:25 PM

18,396 posts, read 7,009,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's also a lack of comprehensive mental health coverage. I will also note that I do not believe anything in your list caused the Tsarnaev brothers, Timothy McVeigh or the 911 conspirators to do what they did.
Maybe not....but it sure has an influence on the every day, garden variety murders that happen with cheap, readily available hand guns that the anti gun Left completely ignores.... despite the fact that way more people are killed every year in these types of one on one shootings than in mass shootings.

Why is that?

Could it have something to do with the typical demographics of the people who both commit and are victims of those types of shootings ?

Old 02-25-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Maybe not....but it sure has an influence on the every day, garden variety murders that happen with cheap, readily available hand guns that the anti gun Left completely ignores.... despite the fact that way more people are killed every year in these types of one on one shootings than in mass shootings.

Why is that?
I didn't say it doesn't play a role. My point is, do we only address certain problems while ignoring others?

Quote:
Could it have something to do with the typical demographics of the people who both commit and are victims of those types of shootings ?
You are suffering from tunnel vision.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:41 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,373,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And yet-he is alive. Imagine if he had been hit with a .300 Winchester Magnum loaded with a common hunting bullet instead. Let alone shot at close range with a 12ga shotgun with a load of birdshot or a slug. There is a reason that guides in Alaska carry shotguns loaded with slugs, rather than prairie dog guns.
Both I know, carry AR-10's and a 44mag sidearm.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:30 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,617,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
RPG's are tightly controlled, why aren't criminals using them? If your scenario were true criminals in this country would all be armed with military hardware. They aren't. They use what we are allowed to use. If we aren't allowed to use semi-autos. Where would criminals get them from?
Mexican cartels. They'll start running guns as soon as it becomes profitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies