Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2018, 08:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
The OP is on my ignore list for good reason, but I love this post.

First, I'd love to see him give his little speech about the "lack of deadliness of AR-15" wounds to the survivors of people killed by them in assorted massacres. That wouldn't go well.

Second, I find the whole notion of this thread absurd. The right trots out their gun minutia anytime the talk of gun bans comes up, but it's just a ruse to pretend that they "only want the right guns banned." in reality, no matter what weapon's are proposed for restriction or banning, they'll throw a fit about it.

I'm still waiting for any right-winger to justify why private citizens need weapons capable of putting out hundreds of rounds a minute. I guess in their reality, thugs are immune to pistol rounds, shotgun shells, and so forth, and only a weapon with a high rate of fire has any hope of harming a thug. No doubt their response to this question on this thread will be to question the realistic bullet firing rate of an AR-15 instead of answering the damn question. Laughable lunacy.
Your question has been addressed hundreds of times, you simply disagree with it. Because you disagree does not mean it has not been answered.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:56 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
The 5.56mm/.223 is a small game round derived from the .222. The semi automatic firearm has been around for over a hundred years. Focus on the person, not the tool.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:57 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
A bullet to the head is a bullet to the head no matter how you spin it.
It’s the leftist media spinning things. Apparently they don’t agree with you

Old 02-24-2018, 08:58 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Based on their postings, a goodly number of gun owners here on C-D would fail to qualify under these rules. And they probably know that, which is why they argue so strenuously against these kind of common sense regulations.
Agreed. I can't help but imagine how many of them who can't go a week without posting something about "killing the gubermint!" would be unable to pass a background check, assuming the government knew about such idiocy. And that doesn't even get into the mental health and/or substance abuse issues so many right-wing posts hint at. As you said, no wonder they are worried.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:59 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your question has been addressed hundreds of times, you simply disagree with it. Because you disagree does not mean it has not been answered.
No, it hasn't been. Righties have posted nothing but fear-mongering - "any laws = taking away all your freedoms" - lies, and insanity. They have yet to answer the question.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Tell that to the victims parents.
I can kill someone with a Crossman air rifle.

Last edited by BentBow; 02-24-2018 at 09:21 AM..

Old 02-24-2018, 09:06 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
No, it hasn't been. Righties have posted nothing but fear-mongering - "any laws = taking away all your freedoms" - lies, and insanity. They have yet to answer the question.
The irony is that a gun control law can only be passed by GOP. If a Dem proposed even the few things Trump proposed, they'd be screaming communism off the top of their lungs.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:07 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
At one end of the hallway stands Bob. Combat vet fallen on hard times, got into drugs, lost his job, depressed. Walks into a school to make a statement before he commits suicide by cop. He's got a couple of assault rifles with high capacity magazines.

At the other end of the hallway stands Mrs. Jones, aged 58. English teacher. She nervously grips her small 38 revolver with six shots.

Who wins?

Old 02-24-2018, 09:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
The OP is on my ignore list for good reason, but I love this post.

First, I'd love to see him give his little speech about the "lack of deadliness of AR-15" wounds to the survivors of people killed by them in assorted massacres. That wouldn't go well.

Second, I find the whole notion of this thread absurd. The right trots out their gun minutia anytime the talk of gun bans comes up, but it's just a ruse to pretend that they "only want the right guns banned." in reality, no matter what weapon's are proposed for restriction or banning, they'll throw a fit about it.

I'm still waiting for any right-winger to justify why private citizens need weapons capable of putting out hundreds of rounds a minute. I guess in their reality, thugs are immune to pistol rounds, shotgun shells, and so forth, and only a weapon with a high rate of fire has any hope of harming a thug. No doubt their response to this question on this thread will be to question the realistic bullet firing rate of an AR-15 instead of answering the damn question. Laughable lunacy.
The media needs to start showing the carnage on TV and other venues.
Let’s see the bodies in situ and being carried out afterwards like we saw servicemen on the stretchers during the Vietnam war.

Enough with these attempts at sanitizing this mayhem.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GPejLukzcY

Air rifles are cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies