Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 06:12 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

Were these guys just mall cops?

I mean, look at WTC firefighters, going up 80 floors, to a fire pit of hell and never looking back. Running to the fire, not hiding out in the parking lot.

If they were armed, these sheriffs-cowards at the school, what the heck were they waiting for, Christmas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 06:51 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
All 4 of them from the same department is fishy to say the least. Almost like they were ordered not to go in there.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:27 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The police won't run into your home to save you from a burglar. They'll surround the house with armed police and shoot anyone that leaves. And the FBI... forget them stopping terrorists. They're too busy trying to dig up dirt on and entrap politicians and VIP's so they can force them to do what they want.
You can't get any better reasons than that to buy a firearm and to look out for yourself. **** AND**** to keep your eyes open and to question everything you're told by the feds and the MSM. Do your own research, talk to people, make your voice heard. That's coming under attack just like gun ownership is. Social media is being taken away from us.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:11 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly! Someone tell the NRA that their mantra, "the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," has been debunked in front of the entire country. Time for the NRA to do something to help SAVE lives.
Except he wasn't a "good guy".

Old 02-28-2018, 06:32 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Nope.<bold> This has been proven over and over again as completely untrue...
Not to me. Prove it again then.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Not to me. Prove it again then.
Read back in any one of the copious threads here. I'll even spot you an easy one, AK47. To go a bit further, as I've posted before I'd rather face an AR15 than a Saiga shotgun. Watch the video for a hint as to why. Imagine it loaded with just the solid slugs (brick busters), Sabot rounds or Dragon Fire or any of the multiple exotic rounds available in 12 gauge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1vPXTcE5-4

Last edited by jimj; 02-28-2018 at 08:18 AM..

Old 02-28-2018, 08:33 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Read back in any one of the copious threads here. I'll even spot you an easy one, AK47. To go a bit further, as I've posted before I'd rather face an AR15 than a Saiga shotgun. Watch the video for a hint as to why. Imagine it loaded with just the solid slugs (brick busters), Sabot rounds or Dragon Fire or any of the multiple exotic rounds available in 12 gauge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1vPXTcE5-4
I said it can cause more destruction than "other" types of guns, not "ALL other" types of guns. Because it can.

I don't doubt that there are more powerful guns, in fact, I know there are.

Looking at what this doctor who treated Parkland victims said, the gun used was shockingly powerful to her compared to other GSWs she'd seen in her career working at a very busy trauma center and dealing with thousands of gun related injuries in her career. Meaning that in that area, from what she has seen, this gun was more powerful and caused more and serious injury than guns typically used in crimes that cause injuries that she has treated.

The point is that this guy was using a weapon that was able to injure or kill a total of 31 people (? ish) in mere minutes.

I also said other weapons, do you think this guy could have caused such a rampage in that school in 6 minutes with a knife? Hell no. And if he only had a knife, maybe the officers at the school would have gone in and killed him. Because they would have been up against a far less dangerous weapon in that scenario. Should they have gone in either way? Yeah, it's their job. But they probably never thought they'd have to face a guy with an AR-15 killing kids in a school. They're (hopefully) trained for it but it's one of those things most cops probably never expect to see. Well, maybe they should start raising their expectations now because this crap clearly isn't slowing down.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:40 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
If an officer's creed is:

Quote:
My fundamental duty is to serve mankind, to safeguard lives and property, to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation and the peaceful against violence or disorder and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice
Then these officers definitely did none of the former and definitely the latter. Sitting outside is not protecting the innocent from violence. But I suppose it was respecting the supposed right of the shooter to his weapon.

Hell, if these officers made it be known to the shooter that they were present by feigning gunfire, maybe the shooter would have stopped there and shot himself out of fear of being captured. Maybe not this shooter, but many other shooters end their attacks when confronted.

But they sat outside instead. I hope they sleep well at night.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:42 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
If an officer's creed is:

Then these officers definitely did none of the former and definitely the latter. Sitting outside is not protecting the innocent from violence. But I suppose it was respecting the supposed right of the shooter to his weapon.

Hell, if these officers made it be known to the shooter that they were present by feigning gunfire, maybe the shooter would have stopped there and shot himself out of fear of being captured. Maybe not this shooter, but many other shooters end their attacks when confronted.

But they sat outside instead. I hope they sleep well at night.
POTUS Trump would have run in - even without a weapon.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I said it can cause more destruction than "other" types of guns, not "ALL other" types of guns. Because it can.

I don't doubt that there are more powerful guns, in fact, I know there are.

Looking at what this doctor who treated Parkland victims said, the gun used was shockingly powerful to her compared to other GSWs she'd seen in her career working at a very busy trauma center and dealing with thousands of gun related injuries in her career. Meaning that in that area, from what she has seen, this gun was more powerful and caused more and serious injury than guns typically used in crimes that cause injuries that she has treated.

The point is that this guy was using a weapon that was able to injure or kill a total of 31 people (? ish) in mere minutes.

I also said other weapons, do you think this guy could have caused such a rampage in that school in 6 minutes with a knife? Hell no. And if he only had a knife, maybe the officers at the school would have gone in and killed him. Because they would have been up against a far less dangerous weapon in that scenario. Should they have gone in either way? Yeah, it's their job. But they probably never thought they'd have to face a guy with an AR-15 killing kids in a school. They're (hopefully) trained for it but it's one of those things most cops probably never expect to see. Well, maybe they should start raising their expectations now because this crap clearly isn't slowing down.
Quote:
A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 25 dead and some 115 injured. As most cases had no known motive, analysts have blamed mental health problems caused by rapid social change for the rise in these kinds of mass murder and murder-suicide incidents.[1]

Just a few hours after the execution of Zheng Minsheng in neighboring Fujian Province,[10] in Leizhou,[11] Guangdong another knife-wielding man named Chen Kangbing, 33 (陈康炳)[12] at Hongfu Primary School wounded 16 students and a teacher.[9] Chen Kangbing had been a teacher at a different primary school in Leizhou, but was on sick leave due to mental illness[12][13] He was sentenced to death by a court in Zhanjiang in June.[14]
On April 29 in Taixing,[8] Jiangsu, unemployed 47-year-old Xu Yuyuan went to Zhongxin Kindergarten[15] and stabbed 28 students and two teachers after stabbing the security guard;[9] most of the Taixing students were 4 years old.[16] The attack was the second in China in just two days.
As much as I can't stand Wiki, a quick search found this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School...10–12%29
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies