Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 01:19 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If you are basing this on the so-called "nuclear family" of the 1950s, it never existed according to sociology studies. I have 2 years of college sociology that I recently finished.
...and you drank the Kool-ade! How'd the indoctrination go?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:21 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...tiple-partners

Seems like 22% of women who have 2 or more biological children have had multiple fathers for the children.

As many would say, 22% of women with 2 or more children have multiple baby daddies. Wonder what that number was two generations ago.

Just another example of crumbling morals in America!

Will be rather interesting with the next generation as in 24 states a majority of births are Medicaid births and over 40% are unmarried births these days.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-born-medicaid
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unm...ildbearing.htm

Perhaps some prefer not to use the same penis for an entire lifetime. Don't you think?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:36 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
The opposite it true - men are the fathers of these children, have multiple children with multiple women without marrying any of them. Its outrageous that you should claim that crumbling morals is all about women. Takes two to tango you know.

I do think, despite those statistics women are more morale and better than men. I suspect most of these women would love to have a decent man in their lives and father their children, if only they didn't keep finding out the hard way that there are so few.
If they really want that why are so many settling for less?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Some people who have not been able to make healthy emotional connections with the opposite sex resort to geographical relocation only to experience similar outcomes. Some become increasingly bitter about the opposite sex and don’t seem to have a problem painting half of the population with a broad brush, a cognitive distortion.

I don’t think it ever dawns on some of these lonely people that they may be the problem.
Exactly. I think you have to accept blame for choosing a loser to have kids with.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:39 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Then it should have decreased the eight years Obama was president.
Nope. Obama married one woman, to whom he is still married, and has two children were born from the marriage.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
American is rapidly becoming more and more hedonistic. For the majority, children are an inconvenient byproduct of sexual pleasure. Many fathers are from fatherless homes and have no sense of obligation to children they sired. The US is now a nation of mostly bastard children.

Regardless if you believe in God or not the Bible was and is a good blueprint for living. Today many people are basing their lives on instant pleasure with no regard to the future or the effect on others.
We hear more and more cases of women giving birth in a public bathroom and walking away leaving the infant at the mercy of strangers. The hard part to understand is with all the methods of birth control available why do we have so many unwanted children? Men are just as responsible as women on this matter.

If you do believe in God, you are aware that all will stand in front of him/her and give an account.
You had me agreeing with you until you got all churchy.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Exactly. I think you have to accept blame for choosing a loser to have kids with.
It is a choice and applies equally to both the female and male.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:33 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
oh, geez. and we all must assume that these women were just running around, having babies willy-nillky, with all sorts of men. When, in reality, the vast majority of these women were married when they had the kid, and were probably expecting (or at least hoping) that the union would last. But, that isn't as much fun as decrying the crumbling of morals.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Gee, I guess Trump having kids with different mothers must make him one immoral SOB.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:42 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Next, the OP will tell us Melania married Donald Trump for love! HAHAHAHA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies