Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 03:07 PM

16,272 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
But according the gun-grabbers the only people who need guns are the cops and other agents of the State...
Could you please show me where anyone, other than some radical left wing nut job, wants all guns confiscated?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 03:10 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
People like you have been a dime a dozen since the beginning of time. In my own life I remember you from the Viet Nam protestors, the flower children and the drop outs of the 60's. And later, the human shields in Baghdad.

Your opinion doesn't count. You pretend to be intellectually superior and believe that you have all the answers and no questions at all. I have seen where you posted your "thoughts" on veterans who served in various wars and seen how you view patriots as clueless suckers, who, if recognized at all, should be pitied. The real heroes, you have stated, are the ones who left the country in the 60's in order to avoid the draft.

I've heard it all before. And I ain't buying it.

You want to see "no accountability"? Read your own words. Should some hapless soul run across those words and take them to heart, who will be accountable when he ruins his life?
You?
You are the walking, breathing epitome of Leftist-Statism. The State is your God, the flag is your Cross, the Pledge is your Prayer.

Instead of looking inward and understanding that the State is evil, you choose to submit to its authority, just like slaves have been doing for millennia. I bet you watch Fox News and think they're actually for limited-government conservatism. I bet you think there's a difference between Republicans and Democrats, liberals and conservatives.

I stand by my statements on patriotism and those who bravely avoided being sucked into the banker/military-industrial complex wars of aggression. I will also state that cops are not heroes. Nor are those in the military.

My heroes are entrepreneurs, business owners--those who create wealth and jobs. Those things actually add to society, instead of sucking away stolen fruits of our labor like the State does.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:11 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Just another attempt at spreading division and hate.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Good. Next time you need to call someone for help, call a Girl Scout.

Cops aren't perfect, but you take their job and see how much you like the dirty jobs they get. They deal with people we do not want to get our hands dirty with, every day.
The Statism runs deep.

-That's what the 2nd Amendment is for, which is why you leftists want to take away from us.

-Roofers are 4 times as likely to be killed on the job. Garbage workers are over 3 times as likely.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:16 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
But according the gun-grabbers the only people who need guns are the cops and other agents of the State...
But they are the only ones who need guns.

When you're raiding an Amish farmer's barn for selling unpasteurized milk to his neighbor you need heavy firepower.

Jedediah and his cows can put up quite a fight I've been told. Who else will protect me from milk, yogurt, and even ice cream!

Raw Milk Raid on Amish Farmer Highlights Stupid FDA Tactics - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Old 02-24-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Could you please show me where anyone, other than some radical left wing nut job, wants all guns confiscated?

Thanks
https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/20...wbN/story.html
http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Gun...way?ref=scroll
California gun confiscation law takes effect Jan. 1 | KRCR
Gun Confiscation in New York City, what Progress!

It's already happened, and of course it is poor minorities who bore the brunt:

Police Begin Seizing Guns of Civilians - The New York Times

Old 02-24-2018, 03:25 PM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
The Statism runs deep.

-That's what the 2nd Amendment is for, which is why you leftists want to take away from us.

-Roofers are 4 times as likely to be killed on the job. Garbage workers are over 3 times as likely.
Still waiting to see a well regulated militia.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't believe so. Privatized police would seek a monopoly and maximized profit. It's private corporations today infringing on rights and being unaccountable as much as the government.
Corporations and monopolies are creations of the State.

https://mises.org/blog/blame-governm...rkets-monopoly
https://mises.org/library/myth-natural-monopoly

Old 02-24-2018, 03:29 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
That's because the State owns all resources not privatized and is the only entity that can confiscate privately-owned resources without repercussions.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
But they are the only ones who need guns.

When you're raiding an Amish farmer's barn for selling unpasteurized milk to his neighbor you need heavy firepower.

Jedediah and his cows can put up quite a fight I've been told. Who else will protect me from milk, yogurt, and even ice cream!

Raw Milk Raid on Amish Farmer Highlights Stupid FDA Tactics - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Don't forget about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioN0ehlyyXI

Bro, the Statism here is so thick you can cut it with an ESEE knife. Cops are the right-wing's LGBTQTAAA+++.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies