Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:38 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,507,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Lying or ignorant? Your politicians have said it outright, the only difference between now and then is they lie about their real goal.

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an out right ban, picking up every one of them....Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in. I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here," Senator Feinstein (D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY
Gun runner himself, brainwashing...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM0as...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 08:38 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,501,407 times
Wow I’d say it’s pretty brave for these ladies to even run a liquor store in the first place.

It looks like it was in the hood too from the outside and also from the kinds of items they were selling .

Old 02-25-2018, 08:51 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,136,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Wow I’d say it’s pretty brave for these ladies to even run a liquor store in the first place.

It looks like it was in the hood too from the outside and also from the kinds of items they were selling .
My neighbor owned several liquor stores. He wouldn't even go in them after 4 in the afternoon due to risk of a hold up He stayed in his coffee store.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:19 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,160,319 times
That robber had committed 10 armed robberies. He was hit 4 times.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:33 AM

39,889 posts, read 26,566,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They are damn lucky to be alive. What were they shooting, BB guns ? That guy took multiple rounds and was still after them. Dumb move, they should have given him the money and let him leave. Your life isn't worth any amount of money.
By stopping him they allowed the police to arrest him and toss his butt in prison where he belongs. Giving him the money and letting him leave allows this animal to remain on the streets, violating and preying on others. Perhaps to murder the next victim, rather than just rob them. They did the right thing. Sad that you would prefer that they think only of themselves instead of others. Bucking for a job in law enforcement in a certain district in Florida?

Old 02-25-2018, 11:41 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,997,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They are damn lucky to be alive. What were they shooting, BB guns ? That guy took multiple rounds and was still after them. Dumb move, they should have given him the money and let him leave. Your life isn't worth any amount of money.
The tiny auto the daughter had was likely a .22, .32 or .380 only (all pretty anemic). The revolver mom had, who knows? By the robbers reaction (or lack of it after 4-5 shots) I would say likely a .22 only.

They cooperated with the guy at first, but it is a judgement call. The money in the till that day could have been a financial disaster if stolen.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:35 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,949,988 times
I can only speak of Calif after being in the Grocery/ Liquor Inventory field ( employee/ owner).

Many Liquor store owners would have a 38 or 45 within short reach under the cash register.

Employees NEVER but only the owner.

Some owners would open in the morning until an employee worked the afternoon/ evening shift till closing time when the owner returned to count out the register and lock up ( many times armed).

Just my experience those days.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:28 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,807,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
wow. these women were so brave and kept their wits about them. too bad the robber is supposed to live. he tried to shoot the daughter and only failed because the gun was empty.
So this was another proof you are far more likely to die if you pull out your own gun to try and stop someone who is already pointing one at you.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:13 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,421,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
So this was another proof you are far more likely to die if you pull out your own gun to try and stop someone who is already pointing one at you.
post a statistic to back up that statement and i'll seriously consider your assertion above.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:32 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,655,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I have no problem with gun owners unless they own assault weapons or they modify guns to change them to automatic weapons.

Glad they could protect themselves.

Automatic weapons (true "assault rifles") are legal to own via the title 3 act with a 200 dollar tax and annual liscensing. Many folks do own them, and there has never been a case of a LEGALLY owned automatic weapon being used in a crime.

Criminals use ILLEGAL automatic weapons in crimes daily. I own a couple AR 15 type rifles and an M1A. I use them in 3 gun action competition and service rifle matches. I've even carried my carbine as a saddle rifle. Do you have a problem with someone like me?

I'm certainly no criminal, I use my rifles for legitimate purposes and have owned them for decades. They are semiautomatic versions of current and past US service rifles. They fit some peoples definition of an "assault rifle", though they have never been used in any sort of assault. Except on paper and steel targets and the occasional stock killing predator.

Everybody I shoot with (a LOT of people) owns at least one AR type rifle. I can't think of a single reason why anyone would "have a problem" with any of us. Modifying any weapon to full auto fire without the proper paperwork and exhorbitant fees is quite illegal, and I don't personally know anyone who has done so.

Criminals don't even bother with such illegal mods, as it's far easier for them to just buy a rifle already set up for such mode of fire. Hardcore , organized criminal elements are fully equipped with or can be so in short order with any automatic weapon they want. I have a problem with these types. So does everyone I associate with in the shooting community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies