Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:03 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Last I heard.. Bush has called every single parent of those who have died in the war.

In addition, NO ONE said that we dont "CARE" about the troops, I'm just getting tired of hearing about the HUGE number.. Its a war.. of course there are going to be casulties.. If you dont think there would be casulties, you'd be on a forum accusing people of being spineless for pointing out facts that more people have been murdered in NY then in Iraq..
Well golly gee, that certainly justifies the casualties in the Middle East! Numbnuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I usually agree with you pgh but not this time. Bush is not "The Decider" you are right but he does call himself that. CNN.com - Bush: 'I'm the decider' on Rumsfeld - Apr 18, 2006
He believes he is a Dictator. He did and does call the shots. In this case of this undeclared illegal fake war, it was him who sent our men and women into that God forsaken wasteland. And if he sent them there, the blood is on his hands. The fact that our people volunteered to join the army is of no matter. They are just puppets in bushes war.

And one more time.....back in May of 2003 the Dictator bushy announced to the world "Mission accomplished" we have won the war. Soooooo why are we still there forcing our customs and ways on a culture that has been around 100 times longer then us? It is none of our business what they do. Let them all kill eachother. Then they cant blame America for doing it.

In the mean time, since 2003, we lost another 3000 Americans. Americans who will not get the chance to be anything they want in life. For what?
Of course he calls the shots in a "war".. thats what the Command in Chief does. ONCE HE GETS AUTHORIZATION.

Anyone who says that Congress didnt know that Bush wanted the authorization to go to war, so he can go to war, should be sent to the front of the classroom so they can immediately laughed at for being ignorant.

Saying that Bush "sent us to war" does absolutely NOTHING to excuse Congress, who very well clearly knew what he wanted, and why he needed the authorization. Heck, we all knew why he wanted the authorization to invade, or did you miss the protesting in the streets..

Old 03-24-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Well golly gee, that certainly justifies the casualties in the Middle East! Numbnuts.
Nice try at changing the argument, because no one claimed that him calling the families of those who died, would justify the casualties. Name calling, and twisting the argument might make you feel better, but it does nothing to contribute to the facts.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Since there really seems not end in sight and in all likelihood, the US will be occupying Iraq and Afghanistan for some time, it would be GREAT to reinstate the draft.

It would not only alleviate the stress on our current soldiers whom many have been there too long already but it would make this whole issue a little more personal for everyone. If the Iraq war was on everyones door step then maybe there would be progress one way or the other.
Speaking as a Viet-Nam draftee, the day a "serious" draft bill is introduced in Congress is the day the Middle East War starts to grind to an end.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Speaking as a Viet-Nam draftee, the day a "serious" draft bill is introduced in Congress is the day the Middle East War starts to grind to an end.
And thats exactly why we will never see a draft for this war.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Nice try at changing the argument, because no one claimed that him calling the families of those who died, would justify the casualties. Name calling, and twisting the argument might make you feel better, but it does nothing to contribute to the facts.
I don't need to feel better, I served in the jungles of Viet-Nam for 18 months and saw half my squad get killed, where were you at?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:13 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Sounds good to me. This is of course the larger point I am attempting to make. If it were a personal issue for the majority of the country, then actual tangible progress that we can all see would occur. Asking even volunteers to pull 2,3 and even 4 - 15 month tours in Iraq is too much to ask of our soldiers and in my opinion is more than any young person should have to bear in a foreign land. I don't like the idea of forcing people to fight, especially for something they may not believe in, however it is a burden we should all share.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Last I heard.. Bush has called every single parent of those who have died in the war.

In addition, NO ONE said that we dont "CARE" about the troops, I'm just getting tired of hearing about the HUGE number.. Its a war.. of course there are going to be casulties.. If you dont think there would be casulties, you'd be on a forum accusing people of being spineless for pointing out facts that more people have been murdered in NY then in Iraq..

Bush has what to do with my post???? Even IF he did call them he also forbid photographing the returning heroes IF they happened to be in a coffin...that's NOT support.

Yes, when you minimize the sacrifices these people have made then you don't CARE....no way around that. It's IS a HUGE number for a war that never should've started.

AND since most conservatives brag about what a great "leader" bush is, what a "decider" he is, how he is the Commander in Cheif..then HE is rsponsible for starting the war. He could've vetoed the congressional vote...he didn't.
It was planned long before 9/11 and he USED that tragedy to further the agenda.....

Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I don't need to feel better, I served in the jungles of Viet-Nam for 18 months and saw half my squad get killed, where were you at?
So because you served in Viet-Nam, you have blanket right to just say that people said things that they didnt say (justifies the casualties in the Middle East) to make up an argument?

By the way, I was in Kindergarden when the war ended, so unless your now proposing a draft for 5 year olds.. I'm not sure where your headed..

Old 03-24-2008, 10:19 AM

Default pghquest

Quote:
And thats exactly why we will never see a draft for this war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard
Spot on. It was the same crap with the draft during the Viet-Nam Era. The privileged and politically connected, like Dubya, got draft exemptions or served in state side units. The unprivileged and unconnected, including 30% of US troops who were black, went to Viet-Nam and got themselves killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies