Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 07:58 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,730,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
They didn't stand up to him. He told them to stuff it and they stayed home.
Rude? You betcha. And good for him.
We'll build a wall if we want. Mexico will have nothing to say about it.
They won't pay for it either. We will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 08:01 PM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
They won't pay for it either. We will.

They will if forced to do so involuntarily. Why do libs and lefties want to continue to pay the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us vs a $25 billion one time cost of a wall? Did they all fail at math?

Old 02-25-2018, 08:01 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,110,817 times
I’m betting there will be some new members added to a certain poster’s Ignore list soon. I’ve already earned that honor.

Respect is earned. Many of Trump’s words and actions do not engender it.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:03 PM

48,513 posts, read 34,790,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Mexicans were not the first in the U.S. What are you talking about? They are called Mexicans because they are from Mexico, duh.

Um.... wow. Where to start? History 101?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-25-2018, 08:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,730,487 times
Quote:
So stating facts are now considered to be insults that shouldn't be spoken? We should kiss Nieto's arse instead and pretend they are something that they are not? WTH? Of course Mexico says they won't pay for the wall that was expected but as I said there are ways to make them pay for it and Neito knows it so he thinks by stomping his little foot that will change it? Mexico isn't an ally of ours anyway they are an enemy. I never cared whether Mexico paid for the wall or not anyway and many other conservatives feel the same way. We didn't fail economics as we know that even if the taxpayer has to pay for the wall it's well worth it compared to the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us.
Please list those ways. Because for the life of me, I can't imagine how you MAKE another country pay money if they don't want to pay it.

Edited to add: OK, I read the link. Each of the measures listed is based on the assumption that Mexico has no other alternatives than to participate in trade with the US, and has no way to retaliate for trade measures it deems unfair. Those are bad assumptions.

As an aside, I note that this policy paper lays out a plan of unilateral action beginning with "Day 1". OK, why hasn't Day 1 occurred yet? I don't know, but I suspect that reality has been encountered.

And as always, I wonder why this administration and Congress, just like all previous administrations and Congresses, has not made EVerify mandatory. Actually, I don't wonder, but it sure speaks volumes that the Trump administration hasn't acted on it, and Congress hasn't taken the initiative to do it.

Last edited by jacqueg; 02-25-2018 at 08:15 PM..

Old 02-25-2018, 08:04 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,205 times
Quote:
They will if forced to do so involuntarily. Why do libs and lefties want to continue to pay the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us vs a $25 billion one time cost of a wall? Did they all fail at math?
How much does U.S guns smuggled illegally into Mexico cost Mexico?

Old 02-25-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Are you joking? There have been numerous posts by the members in here denoting how it could be done but it you want to pretend you haven't heard of it I'll play along. Here's Trump's plan to make Mexico "involuntarily" pay for the wall. No check is needed.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Again... sigh.

That is not Trumps plan, that is some guy off the internet. You cannot forbid transfer of money out of the US, and the issues of tariffs has been addressed.

I didn't read past that because it is idiotic and written by someone who has no knowledge of issues.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:11 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,110,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Again... sigh.

That is not Trumps plan, that is some guy off the internet. You cannot forbid transfer of money out of the US, and the issues of tariffs has been addressed.

I didn't read past that because it is idiotic and written by someone who has no knowledge of issues.
That is his campaign site. Your last sentence stands, still.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:13 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,446,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...26-p4z1p2.html

How dare they.

Our country is the life-blood of the Mexican economy, without us they'd be nothing.

Now this cartel-puppet in MC thinks he can gain moral victories by insulting our president? damn him I say.

Mexico needs to be disciplined.

If you are serious you are out of your mind.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
That is his campaign site. Your last sentence stands, still.
This is his campaign site: Home | Donald J Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies