Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 09:05 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,418,641 times

Advertisements

I don't know what y'all are complaining about. At least it's not an additional duty he wants to assign to his son-in-law. Heck, Jared gets all the "good" jobs anyway, and his lack of an appropriate clearance might not matter so much at the FAA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 09:06 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That might describe Trumps appointees to the tee! Remember "the mooch?"

Porter out: People who left or were fired from Trump administration - Business Insider
Mooch--we hardly knew you. He wasn't even there long enough to be denied a security clearance.

So many bad appointments...so little time.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:10 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Who thought this was a good idea?

I've tried to hold my nose and support Trump because he's appointing conservative judges at a record rate and pushing a conservative agenda. But the way Trump is handing out cabinet and White House positions to his friends and family is highly inappropriate.
I am a liberal, and I am sure that we disagree on many points of policy, but your refusal to blindly endorse Trump's every action is admirable. You have my respect.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:10 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post

With that said, it still does seem like nepotism to me and I still question the ulterior motives.
If this bothers you, you should go look at who got the government contract to develop the massive amount of software that runs Obamacare.

Now there's you some nepotism.

In this case, Dunkins name was put on a list of names. He hasn't been given the job.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:11 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's not only arguing with idiots with these people it's arguing with 3-5 year olds as well.

Or with idiots who think piloting ability alone qualifies one to head a major government agency.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:12 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am a liberal, and I am sure that we disagree on many points of policy, but your refusal to blindly endorse Trump's every action is admirable. You have my respect.
Same can be said for those who blindly reject Trump's every move.

In this case, even the articles cited by the OP say that Dunkin is more than qualified for the job.

And Dunkin hasn't been given the job, his name was put on a list of names for consideration.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:13 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Another non insider non politician expert in an important job? Sounds good to me.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:15 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Another non insider non politician expert in an important job? Sounds good to me.
Another Trump appointee with absolutely zero experience for the job he is appointed to? Sounds like a typical ignorant Trump decision to me.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:15 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No, I never called Obama names, or went down the birther road. He was President. However, I have been called a Trumpist, Trumpling, Trumpeter, and every other name on here. And it is hate. A blind, irrational hate.
Maybe not you but an awful lot of Trump supporters have. And then they get their panties in a bunch when somebody refers to Trump as "cheeto", an "idiot", a "clown", etc. Turnabout is fair play.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:17 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I met two of Trump's pilots once when they flew into my little airport. I met Donald and Eric Trump also. The pilots flew one of his Sikorsky helicopters, and when Trump left in a limo to pick up Eric at the Hill School, I had an opportunity to talk to the pilots alone. Both were Vietnam Vets, and Huey pilots with a bazillion hours in combat. I wouldn't be so quick to call any of Trump's pilots, Pilot Doughnut. It just shows the childish immaturity, blind Trump haters have.
They are undoubtedly excellent pilots. I used to be a reporter - according to every editor I worked with, a pretty damn good one. I did not think that ability qualified me to run the newspaper. It didn't. I knew my job, and my job only. I wouldn't have had the first notion of how to manage the whole shebang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies