Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 12:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Just to be able to do business in China, Apple has agreed/ is going to agree, to let them have access to the entire iCloud for snooping!!!!!!

Glad I don't have a smart phone. My phone is pushing 10 years old. pull out keyboard and all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 12:31 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just to be able to do business in China, Apple has agreed/ is going to agree, to let them have access to the entire iCloud for snooping!!!!!!

Glad I don't have a smart phone. My phone is pushing 10 years old. pull out keyboard and all!!
All US based cloud service provider and those who operate large datacenters have to give up ownership of these datacenters in China to Chinese run entities. AWS has also done this and if Apple wants to operate in China they have to follow suit.

AWS sells assets in China to comply with the law, will continue offering cloud services

Old 02-26-2018, 12:33 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
I assume this is what you are talking about?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcru...-to-china/amp/

Old 02-26-2018, 06:11 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Applies to only accounts created in China.

Thats Chinese laws. You're fine, stop trying to spread panicky nonsense. If your account was created here in the US, your data will be on a US server that requires a court order.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Applies to only accounts created in China.

Thats Chinese laws. You're fine, stop trying to spread panicky nonsense. If your account was created here in the US, your data will be on a US server that requires a court order.

That is what Reuter's is reporting.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1G8060

Human rights activists say they fear the authorities could use that power to track down dissidents, citing cases from more than a decade ago in which Yahoo Inc handed over user data that led to arrests and prison sentences for two democracy advocates. Jing Zhao, a human rights activist and Apple shareholder, said he could envisage worse human rights issues arising from Apple handing over iCloud data than occurred in the Yahoo case.

Apple is going to be their gestapo.

Last edited by BentBow; 02-26-2018 at 06:31 PM..

Old 02-26-2018, 06:23 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
That is not what Reuter's is reporting.

The article is saying exactly what greywar wrote.

Apple is storing the keys for Chinese iCloud accounts in China. They are continuing to store US iCloud account keys in the US.

You know, I always think Most of the problems with right-wingers come down to they don't understand most of what they read.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:28 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
That is not what Reuter's is reporting.

From your link:

Quote:
Now, according to Apple, for the first time the company will store the keys for Chinese iCloud accounts in China itself.
Please stop lying. Because thats EXACTLY what your statement is. A lie. Or in Trumps world a "Alternative fact".

Old 02-26-2018, 06:39 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
From your link:

Please stop lying. Because thats EXACTLY what your statement is. A lie. Or in Trumps world a "Alternative fact".
Know the poster, he will dismiss the article he linked to as "left-wing" fake news and find some blog in Breitbart or Infowar that says Apple is helping the Chinese government turn its own citizen gay.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:41 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Let me guess, op is a trumpette.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
From your link:

I agreed with you? I edited my post to reflect that.
That's not what the concerns are. Was what I had originally thought and forgot to take the "not" out.

It is about human rights and Apple caving into $$$$$$ over principal and the possibility they could really be able to get into everyone's apple cloud. Separate keys were just brought up. what about all the phones that have the same exact keys that all iPhones do today? They get those too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies