Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 02:14 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So you don't think her statement about "creating change" was about creating change? Hmmm.
I think her statement on gun control was as heartfelt and sincere as her desire to end cyber bullying. I suspect that Melania is doing damage control for the Trump brand. Supporting the NRA and unfettered access to assault rifles is not good for business right now. That is why Ivanka also made public comments that appeared to disagree with her father and the GOP.

We are dealing with an entire family of grifters and con artists. Anybody that takes what they say at face value is an idiot. The Trump family is always working an angle designed to put money into their pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 02:27 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
I think her statement on gun control was as heartfelt and sincere as her desire to end cyber bullying. I suspect that Melania is doing damage control for the Trump brand. Supporting the NRA and unfettered access to assault rifles is not good for business right now. That is why Ivanka also made public comments that appeared to disagree with her father and the GOP.

We are dealing with an entire family of grifters and con artists. Anybody that takes what they say at face value is an idiot. The Trump family is always working an angle designed to put money into their pocket.
Couldn't agree with you more.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:32 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,477 times
Quote:

So legit question, if the shooter had been cyber bullied which cause of hers would win?

Old 02-26-2018, 02:39 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,746 times
I think Melania could be a fine first lady, but she is married to the biggest dolt to ever be president.

It is hard to be classy when your husband is Homer Simpson without the brains.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:

100% truth.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:08 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think her comments were meant to be taken the way some are seeing it. I think,what she is saying, is like most of us are saying, we have sympathy for those kids and understand their. This isn't the same as agreeing with them on gun control.
What good is sympathy, condolences, flowers, candlelight vigils, prayers, and etc. etc after each mass shooting?

Old 02-26-2018, 04:25 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,827 times
Stop the presses!! Melanie said something!

Old 02-26-2018, 08:38 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Does this mean the left will stop abusing her now?

Just like your side stopped abusing Michelle Obama ?

Most of us have come right out and said we like Melania, she genuinely seems like a nice lady, and a good mom. I feel sorry for her, you can see the look in her eyes that she is not totally happy with her life.

As for her supporting these wonderful kids, good for her. I bet Trump isn't all that happy that she is going against him and speaking her mind. But I get the impression she doesn't really care.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:11 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Just like your side stopped abusing Michelle Obama ?

Most of us have come right out and said we like Melania, she genuinely seems like a nice lady, and a good mom. I feel sorry for her, you can see the look in her eyes that she is not totally happy with her life.

As for her supporting these wonderful kids, good for her. I bet Trump isn't all that happy that she is going against him and speaking her mind. But I get the impression she doesn't really care.
The right still abuse Michelle even though she's not first lady anymore. I see very few going after Melania. I think many feel sorry for her. She didn't sign up for any of this. Her priority is her son and I bet she's a great mom just like Michelle. Why she stays with Trump is beyond me. She has so much class and dignity.....just the opposite of her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies