Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 01:47 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yeah, I'm not seeing anywhere in these past news stories where the price of 2 new planes, not one like Trump originally thought, was $5.4 billion. In fact, most site the cost was to be about $3.9 billion. So it's odd that the White House spokesperson said the deal will save tax payers $1.4 billion. So it seems like the cost is the about the same $4 billion they were talking about a year ago.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C....0.hS5kpXg7v6I

Old 02-27-2018, 01:49 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hell froze over. You are linking to the evil MSM.

Beyond the headline, the savings resulted from a Boeing fire sale when Russia cancelled their in the works order for the 2 planes.
Yes, but CNN does not say it's true, they just report the lies as told to them by the chief Fabricator...

"A White House spokesman said the contract will save taxpayers more than $1.4 Billion."

Unfortunately, the WH has to back up Trumps lies.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:53 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
I heard they had to widen all the doors, and put a bigger toilet seat in, to accommodate the orange one. You know how it goes with Uncle Same and the cost of toilet seats. Maybe that explains why they couldn't get the cost down. (not to mention the TP with "45" emblazoned on each slice)

Old 02-27-2018, 01:54 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes. Unfortunately even the starting price is the same which he complained about only a year ago.

Yeah, NO S*** !!!!!!!! Funny how when it was an Obama thing, it was "out of control". How things change when Trump finds out it wasn't such a bad deal after all !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEDq0nElI8

"Who knew Jet Plane negotiations were so hard !!"

Old 02-27-2018, 02:20 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I heard they had to widen all the doors, and put a bigger toilet seat in, to accommodate the orange one. You know how it goes with Uncle Same and the cost of toilet seats. Maybe that explains why they couldn't get the cost down. (not to mention the TP with "45" emblazoned on each slice)
The new planes will not be ready in time for Trump to fly in them. Traditionally the president making the deal never gets them delivered during his term in office. Plus theres a ton of work to be done getting them converted.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:36 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
I have to wonder if we are now being "double billed." Once for the new planes that trump scotched the deal on once and then carried the deal through at a higher price.

And then a second time for the 25 million in upgrades and maintenance being done to the current planes that might not have been needed if trump hadn't poked his fat nose into the deal in the first place.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:11 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ok, well thanks for stopping by. Perhaps your Google is at the shop.

Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
"What actually happened.
"Thanks to the President's negotiations, the contract will save the taxpayers more than $1.4 Billion." | CNBC
/thread fail
From your link: "A White House spokesman said the contract will save taxpayers more than $1.4 Billion."
I'll go with Trumps own words from a year ago, saying $4 billion was so much that the order should be canceled."

Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
"From your link: "A White House spokesman said the contract will save taxpayers more than $1.4 Billion."
I'll go with Trumps own words from a year ago, saying $4 billion was so much that the order should be canceled."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
What? The OP quoted an article that used AN UN-NAMED SOURCE? What happened to the angst about never believing anything with an UN-NAMED SOURCE? Something smells like hypocrisy here - either believe all of them, or believe none of them.
Finn, I clearly owe you an apology. My initial post was written sarcastically, regarding the poster that you had responded to, who I called the OP. You are not the person who I was accusing of hypocrisy, and I should have stated that better.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:15 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Yes, but CNN does not say it's true, they just report the lies as told to them by the chief Fabricator...

"A White House spokesman said the contract will save taxpayers more than $1.4 Billion."

Unfortunately, the WH has to back up Trumps lies.
Yeah... but, hope hicks admitted that she tells lies AND resigned all in the same day. All those white lies are taking their toll on WH staff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies