Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 09:04 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
So, due to your ineptitude at basic everyday activities you figure everyone else is equally inept, is that your argument?

BTW, your right to own a car has nothing to with driving. Driving is a PRIVILEGE , not a right.

When did I say that? The OP was arguing that we should all have guns because if we don't we are less powerful hence me quoting their question there.

When I said the more people who have guns the more dangerous this world becomes that was a separate argument about the people who are unable to use them safely/morally in general. Guns are way more complicated (and not a necessity like those things) so people need to be thoroughly checked before they get one.

So then guns should be a privilege not a right.

Last edited by Nickchick; 02-28-2018 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 06:45 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I know plenty of people who own guns. Some of them even legally carry. All are trained.

Funny though, NONE of them fits in the category of person you described. Not even close.
I didn't say they did. But the OP might. And he's not alone.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:47 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Sure... the tired, old "compensating for something" personal jab. Powerful argument that one, right up there with hunting down and pointing out spelling errors.
This is classic trying to beat something with nothing.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:02 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Anyone who uses religion as an excuse to allow government to disarm the populace is a coward.

Even if you want to die while "turning the other cheek" (ensuring that OTHERS will die in the future from that thug), what kind of God would approve of NOT DEFENDING helpless people (children, women, the elderly, the disabled, the not-physically-fit, etc.) when they are attacked by a mentally ill sicko, or a Thug criminal? Without a gun, the vast majority of the population couldn't do anything to stop an attack that occurs right in front of them.

What kind of God would want a citizenry that has put itself into the position of having to do whatever its current tyrant dictator wishes, especially when that almost always includes invading other nations and killing, maiming, raping & robbing their residents?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:30 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
When did I say that? The OP was arguing that we should all have guns because if we don't we are less powerful hence me quoting their question there.

When I said the more people who have guns the more dangerous this world becomes that was a separate argument about the people who are unable to use them safely/morally in general. Guns are way more complicated (and not a necessity like those things) so people need to be thoroughly checked before they get one.

So then guns should be a privilege not a right.
You are obviously ignorant and naive about guns and our Constitution. If you want to deny yourself the right to self defense, you have the right to do that.

I do not know how old you, but it appears that you are MUCH younger than I. Do you know that once upon a time, when I was in Elementary school, in CA no less, that Hunters Education was offered in schools? That when I was in HS, we could bring guns to school? That when I was in HS there was a class called Riflery, a class that taught shooting firearm safety and marksmanship? Do you know that during those times no one was shooting up schools?

I believe that you would benefit from reading some history about the founding of this country, and the world in general.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:06 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Sure... the tired, old "compensating for something" personal jab. Powerful argument that one, right up there with hunting down and pointing out spelling errors.
They aren't errors if you use a word you don't know without looking it up. Just ignorance, which is curable.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:15 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Anyone who uses religion as an excuse to allow government to disarm the populace is a coward.

Even if you want to die while "turning the other cheek" (ensuring that OTHERS will die in the future from that thug), what kind of God would approve of NOT DEFENDING helpless people (children, women, the elderly, the disabled, the not-physically-fit, etc.) when they are attacked by a mentally ill sicko, or a Thug criminal? Without a gun, the vast majority of the population couldn't do anything to stop an attack that occurs right in front of them.

What kind of God would want a citizenry that has put itself into the position of having to do whatever its current tyrant dictator wishes, especially when that almost always includes invading other nations and killing, maiming, raping & robbing their residents?
Eh,what kind of god allowed said dictator to rise into that position in the first place? That allowed the maiming and raping to occur ? That didn't protect the people who instead had to rely on guns in the first place?

Old 03-02-2018, 01:29 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Really, socialized medicine seems to be working out just fine. And don't play the wait times/death panels scare mongering game on me, I wasn't born yesterday (plus I personally know Canadians)
In 2013, my mom had advanced dementia. She was barely eating and was being treated at a hospital. Before she was released there was a meeting with several hospital doctors and other staff members. They wanted to send her home without a feeding tube. In other words, send her home to die. Sounds like a death panel to me.

I, of course, was not going to let that happen. No way. The family doctor said that was crazy... she would starve to death.

I insisted on a feeding tube be placed before she was discharged. It was and she lived another year and a half.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:11 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
In 2013, my mom had advanced dementia. She was barely eating and was being treated at a hospital. Before she was released there was a meeting with several hospital doctors and other staff members. They wanted to send her home without a feeding tube. In other words, send her home to die. Sounds like a death panel to me.

I, of course, was not going to let that happen. No way. The family doctor said that was crazy... she would starve to death.

I insisted on a feeding tube be placed before she was discharged. It was and she lived another year and a half.
The Canadian system allows you additional private coverage, so you could of done the same thing in their system if you wanted....

Old 03-18-2018, 11:51 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The Canadian system allows you additional private coverage, so you could of done the same thing in their system if you wanted....
She did have private coverage, too.

It doesn't change the fact that there were indeed death panels at least in her case. It was not like that before Obama was in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies