Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 10:42 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
False. The overwhelming majority of gun owners don`t dance to the gun/criminal lobby`s tune. They want to hunt or protect their homes. They don`t need to gun down people by the dozens.
Most semi-auto firearms ARE used by hunters. Your point?

Old 02-28-2018, 10:44 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most semi-auto firearms ARE used by hunters. Your point?
yeah I have no ideas what that poster's point is. AR-15 is a hunting rifle and many people used it as a hunting rifle.

Some like to use Timber Classic Marlin 336C, some choose AR-15 I see no differences.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:44 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
It is time for gun owners to walk in to business's that are becoming victims of the anti gun machine and bowing to the pressure with cash in their hands.
They could walk into Dick's and others looking to buy what they banned and when they are told that they no longer sell guns like that the buyer could say "I'm sorry to hear that I will have to take my business elsewhere".

It is not only the guns and ammo that people buy but it is all the extra stuff that goes along with that gun purchase like a safe, cleaning supplies, carry boxes/bags, targets, add ons like scopes and if they are going hunting there is literally thousands of dollars at stake.

What a sad day for the country when the shooting sports are in jeopardy because people that don't consider the good and only see the bad that come from guns are making the most noise to ban them.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:47 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Are you guys boycotting Pizza Hut now? They are now the official pizza of the NFL.

Just want to keep the proper list of where I'm not going to find conservatives anymore.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:47 AM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
First, you are not making the school safe, to say that "if we ban the mean black rifle" school shootings will go away is just stupid.

What reasonable small action? Which of the 20k laws currently on the books would have stopped any shooting?
You will never get an answer because everyone knows gun bans/control laws don't work, especially not in the US with its porous Southern border. Criminals don't obey laws. Disarming law-abiding citizens and painting bull's eye targets on even MORE people's soft target backs will only make things worse.

Here's the true relationship between gun ownership and gun-related crime:

As the gun ownership rate increased by 50%, the gun homicide rate DECREASED by 50%, and the nonfatal violent gun crimes rate DECREASED by 76%.

Info in this post in another thread:

Post #249

Old 02-28-2018, 10:48 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Do you really want to cut off Dick's?

Old 02-28-2018, 10:49 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
So...If you do not want or need anything that means nobody else should have one either. I don't want or have an AR_15 either but I don't want the rights of law abiding American citizens taken away by the government. People are too willing to have their rights taken away. First they will start with the AR-15s then they will come for your other guns.

yep

Quote:
“Those who would give up essential liberty (rights) to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” .. ben franklin

America's Founding Fathers would say that Americans today are slaves to the government. Wealthy slaves, but still slaves. Slaves that enjoy luxury and tranquility, but still slaves to a too big government.

Quote:
“And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; or to raise standing armies, unless necessary for the defense of the United States, or of some one or more of them; or to prevent the people from petitioning, in a peaceable and orderly manner, the federal legislature, for a redress of grievances; or to subject the people to unreasonable searches and seizures of their persons, papers or possessions.”
-George Washington,*Debates of the Massachusetts Convention of February 6, 1788

Quote:
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Old 02-28-2018, 10:49 AM

23,980 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Vote with your pocketbook. It is the free market way.

Doncha think Dick's figure a boycott from gun humpers into their sales?

Old 02-28-2018, 10:51 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You will never get an answer because everyone knows gun bans/control laws don't work, especially not in the US with its porous Southern border. Criminals don't obey laws. Disarming law-abiding citizens and painting bull's eye targets on even MORE people's soft target backs will only make things worse.

Here's the true relationship between gun ownership and gun-related crime:

As the gun ownership rate increased by 50%, the gun homicide rate DECREASED by 50%, and the nonfatal violent gun crimes rate DECREASED by 76%.

Info in this post in another thread:

Post #249

Oh, I agree, I've also posted the link that shows thee have already been 2300+ killing just in 2018. Yet the AR is the bad guy...Don't think my post received a single response...

Old 02-28-2018, 10:54 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The overwhelming majority of gun owners don`t dance to the gun/criminal lobby`s tune. They want to hunt or protect their homes. They don`t need to gun down people by the dozens.
The overwhelming majority of the AR_15 owners choose it because

Light, accurate, relatively cheap, and modular. It is easy to use, even for a woman. I doubt they want to gun down people by the dozens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies