Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 07:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I wonder how they can do this when there is no law restricting the purchase to people 21 or over? It would seem that would be a violation of one's rights.
its a business...businesses have the right to serve/sell by their rules

drinking age is 21..yet you see many drink establishments that say you must be 25+

just as a business can say "shirts and shoes required" , or "please no firearms", or "closed on sunday"

Old 03-01-2018, 07:23 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Keep pushing that idea and places like Dick's will just quit selling them to people over 21 as well as under.
See my post above......... I think they probably will, it makes no difference in their bottom line. Retailers like Dick's and Walmart do not sell a lot of these firearms. It will be easier to not carry them than to deal with the problems.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:28 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Keep pushing that idea and places like Dick's will just quit selling them to people over 21 as well as under.
That will hardly put a dent in firearm outlets.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:28 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"These are all tangible things that are being met with major resistance."

Only by certain people

Texas had had teachers carrying for years, as well as other states.

"It's almost like the goal isn't to make schools safer, just the fear of firearms in general."

I don't it is "fear"

IMO, it is a downright HATE of guns and want ALL guns banned.
IMO, It is the last straw. The NRA, has owned congress, way too long. It is a hate of killings of innocents with assault weapons. Aren't you sick and tired of this? The constitution covers freedom for all of us; not just a precious few who want to support gun manufacturers. Why should the NRA run our country?

I have not been a supporter of Trump. However, standing up to the NRA, has given me hope, for our country. This is a huge turning point. Congress needs to quit bowing to the NRA, and stand up for the people America.

Last edited by mollygee; 03-01-2018 at 07:49 AM..

Old 03-01-2018, 07:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I wonder how they can do this when there is no law restricting the purchase to people 21 or over? It would seem that would be a violation of one's rights.
Businesses do this sort of thing all the time.

It’s legal to get a driver’s license as a teen but many car rental places won’t rent you a car until you are 25.
Many hotels have similar age restrictions.

Lots of other examples already in place.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:32 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
IMO, It is the last straw. The NRA, has owned congress, way too long. It is a hate of killings of innocents with assault weapons. Aren't you sick and tired of this? The constitution covers freedom of all of us; not just a precious few who want to support gun manufacturers. Why should the NRA run our country?

I have not been a supporter of Trump. However, standing up to the NRA, has given me hope, for our country. This is a huge turning point. Congress needs to quit bowing to the NRA, and stand up for the people America.
Which shooter was in the NRA? Precious few? There are more guns than people. That doesn't sound like a few.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:45 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
18 states in the USA are already allowing qualified people to carry in schools.
I said "countries".

BTW, is GA one of these states?

Old 03-01-2018, 08:35 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
IMO, It is the last straw. The NRA, has owned congress, way too long. It is a hate of killings of innocents with assault weapons. Aren't you sick and tired of this? The constitution covers freedom for all of us; not just a precious few who want to support gun manufacturers. Why should the NRA run our country?

Lets play the do you know game...

Do you know that "assault weapons" (we'll include all long guns, this way it includes the AR/shotgun/all semi auto rifles) kill about 400 people a year, while the pistol, kills the rest...yes, that right upwards of 10k are killed by pistols and you want to ban the AR?

Old 03-01-2018, 08:42 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
The Soros groups are putting pressure on many companies . This has been going on for years. We know the Communists would love to disarm the American people.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:53 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
I said "countries".

BTW, is GA one of these states?
Yes it is, but not all schools. My understanding is that the school with the teacher who fired the gun in the classroom DOES NOT. Also, this guy has a substantial background of events that if handled correctly would have prevented this incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies