Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 08:56 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nah....just showing how childish you are....

If that's what you want to think, I guess you can, but it shows you have zero common sense on the subject, congrats, you must be proud and doing such a great job for your side.
If you call that childish, what do you call what Trump does in office and on twitter everyday? Curious minds would like to know?

Tip: Try and keep your criticisms consistent now, it builds character and maintains credibility.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:57 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'll be hunting with my AR tomorrow, and the week after that, and the year after that one.
If Trump has his way, you won't!

You might be voting Democratic sooner than you think!

Old 03-06-2018, 09:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
AR-15 is a weapon of war and it should be banned. As long as we have gun owners constantly trying to explain away common sense, I will be out here constantly reminding folks like you what that weapon truly is and what it truly is designed to do and that is kill en mass.
Every firearm is a "weapon of war". I'd suggest coming up with your own argument instead of the blathering of the echo chamber...

Old 03-06-2018, 09:17 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
What are you? The master of all things guns now?!?!? That's silly. I want a ban on AR-15's and like weapons because they are again weapons of war and do not need to be on our streets or in our communities. I can and will continue to single out AR-15's and similar weapons. If you don't like it, that's just too damn bad. There is incontrovertible evidence in the public space what these guns do in comparison to handguns. The NYT's piece quoted several highly skilled surgeons that explained to you the differences in what an AR-15 style assault rifle can do to the human body vs any handgun.

The NRA lobby with a few million loudmouth supporters should not be able to dictate to the rest of -- the majority of the country -- that AR-15's are no worse than a handgun. BS!

Nope, not a master, just logical. As for the above in red, yes, you want to ban all semi auto rifles.

As far as the NYT's article that you so much like to cling to, what if that AR was chambered in .22lr or a handgun caliber ? You are aware that they can be. That is why your argument is flawed. You ignore facts, except the ones you've cherry picked.

Now if you had stated that you want all semi auto rifles , with certain calibers , banned , referring to the NYT article then I understand.
No one is asking you to change your mind. Just take the knowledge than page after page of posters have supplied you and add it to your argument. You would at least have ground to stand on.

For instance, if you had stated that you would like any semi auto mag fed center fired rifle , chambered in .223 up to .50 Beowulf , and any handgun calibers 9mm and up, banned. Along with any magazine that can accept 5 rounds or more. That makes complete sense, and is logical. Banning something because of it's name and looks is just asinine. I think you are starting to get it though, since I've seen you add "and similar weapons" to your statements. Although you really don't know what it means.
Just because the media and yourself label a rifle a "weapon of war" or an "assault rifle" doesn't make it so.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
If Trump has his way, you won't!

You might be voting Democratic sooner than you think!
Your severe case of TDS is very apparent. That might just explain the constant echo chamber responses...

Old 03-06-2018, 09:21 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Awww, did my last response hurt your feelings?
It is my opinion and apparently Trump's dumbass agrees more with me than you since he wants to take guns first and give due process second. Let's start with that AR-15! BANISH IT!!!!
Quote:
Okay fine. Good to hear. If that one then becomes the new choice for killers, it'll get banned next. The ultimate answer is to better regulate all these assault weapons. They aren't needed for protection or hunting. Those excuses to keep them around are lazy and cop outs.
Quote:
AR-15 is a weapon of war and it should be banned. As long as we have gun owners constantly trying to explain away common sense, I will be out here constantly reminding folks like you what that weapon truly is and what it truly is designed to do and that is kill en mass.
Quote:
It absolutely does. It goes to show how lethal that weapon is and one's like it. They are meant/designed to kill en mass, not for hunting as gun owners like to claim which is a ludicrous argument on its face. Its an assault weapon that must be removed from our streets. Plain and simple. All the other measures will not stop these mass shootings. Until we address the heart of the issue, which is guns, this will not stop. It will only get worse.
Quote:
There we disagree. Banning AR-15's is NOT infringing on anyone's 2nd amendment rights.
Quote:
I own a gun, yes. AR-15 is a weapon of war meant/designed to maximum loss of life as rapidly as possible. Its not called an assault weapon for no reason.
Quote:
Let's do it. I've read military experts call the AR-15 a civilian version of an M16. I don't know much about M-14 and the other's you mention here. I remain steadfast in my belief that AR-15's & anything like it need to be banned.
Quote:
AR-15 IS A WEAPON OF WAR -- It should be banned. Bring back the Assault weapons ban now. Several veterans have appeared on TV saying so but some folks wouldn't see that feedback if all they watch is FNC (Fake news channel)
To hold strong opinions on that which you are uninformed is the height of foolishness. You are certainly displaying that trait.

Quote:
say its a weapon of war and credible folks who I've talked to and trust agree with that assessment. Taking our guns away fear is the most irrational of all. I will credit the NRA with that. They have so poisoned the minds of gun lovers that any sensible gun restrictions are met with irrational reactions from that segment of our population.
The NRA isn't the one shouting your uninformed message of "banish and ban".

Old 03-06-2018, 09:21 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
If you call that childish, what do you call what Trump does in office and on twitter everyday? Curious minds would like to know?

Tip: Try and keep your criticisms consistent now, it builds character and maintains credibility.

Yep, childish, that's what you do....It's great what trump does everyday, it irritates you and other so much you have to have safe spaces so they can cry and hug each other...

Tip: Learn what your argument is to show you know what your talking about, which in this case you clearly do not.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:22 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Awww, did my last response hurt your feelings?

It is my opinion and apparently Trump's dumbass agrees more with me than you since he wants to take guns first and give due process second. Let's start with that AR-15! BANISH IT!!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_shooting
32 dead, no long rifles.

Whatever

Old 03-06-2018, 09:31 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Your severe case of TDS is very apparent. That might just explain the constant echo chamber responses...
Agreed. Those who actually strive to fit into a preformed stereotype, tend to do what is expected of the imagined stereotype.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:37 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Looks like Dicks's Sporting Goods police might have created a unintended consequence, there's a 20-year old Oregon man who sues Wal-Mart and Dick's Sporting Goods for age discrimination. A 20-Year-Old Oregon Man Sues Walmart and Dick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies