Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 05:12 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Give it some time.......... By this time tomorrow Trump will be handing out AK47s to teachers.
Nah, he promotes AMERICAN businesses, why would he go with Russian guns? If we're going to provide teachers with a means of protecting their students, it might as well help American companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 05:13 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's a lose-lose for Trump. If he supports even more gun control laws than the 22,000 we already have, it's not like the left is suddenly going to switch sides and support him. But if he DOES, you can be sure conservatives that vote on principle and policies will dump him in a heartbeat, and he'll find serious challengers in the 2020 primary. I hope someone tells him the obvious.

Honestly, I have to think that's the big motivation of the MSM to promote this.
Well if you are correct there must be some real fluff in those 22,000 laws when we cant even come up with background checks. Show me all those restrictions in Florida, testing ground central for the NRA.

I was kind of shocked by his statement today but like they say, wait around for awhile and Trump will eventually come up with a position you like.

If this is just raising the age to 21 and bumpstocks its a big nothing.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Blaming the MSM seems to be the last refuge of the damned.
Well, smallbrains, the MSM seems to be the ones beating the drum for more and more gun control. Don't let facts give you a headache.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:14 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Quote:
It's a lose-lose for Trump. If he supports even more gun control laws than the 22,000 we already have, it's not like the left is suddenly going to switch sides and support him. But if he DOES, you can be sure conservatives that vote on principle and policies will dump him in a heartbeat, and he'll find serious challengers in the 2020 primary. I hope someone tells him the obvious.

Wait. Let me get this straight........ The president said it yet it's the MSMs fault???? I guess personal responsibility means nothing.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well if you are correct there must be some real fluff in those 22,000 laws when we cant even come up with background checks. Show me all those restrictions in Florida, testing ground central for the NRA.

I was kind of shocked by his statement today but like they say, wait around for awhile and Trump will eventually come up with a position you like.

If this is just raising the age to 21 and bumpstocks its a big nothing.
He's supposed to be a "dealmaker". Let's make a compromise where both sides gain something. We do those two things, and pass national concealed carry reciprocity in the same bill. Something for everyone. That's something every reasonable person should be able to support.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:15 PM

17,298 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think "take their guns away and worry about due process later" might be a deal breaker.

If not--great. That means they are ok with 'gun-grabbing.'
Yeah can't even imagine Hillary saying something like that. But here we are.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:16 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:

I disagree. Embracing gun control could be a winner for Trump. If he pretends to and doesn't--it will be worse for him.

He'd be accepted a whole lot more by the 60% that are not his base if he actually fights for one of their issues. Otherwise-he knows he is stuck at 38% with a lot of anger and motivation to vote against him.

If he is telling the truth--bad news for the NRA and base. Kind of funny actually. If Trump is NOT lying--his base might dump him.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah can't even imagine Hillary saying something like that. But here we are.
Right? Or Obama--can you imagine the death threats he would have received had he stated anything close to what Trump said (on video live)?

Old 02-28-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I disagree. Embracing gun control could be a winner for Trump. If he pretends to and doesn't--it will be worse for him.

He'd be accepted a whole lot more by the 60% that are not his base if he actually fights for one of their issues. Otherwise-he knows he is stuck at 38% with a lot of anger and motivation to vote against him.

If he is telling the truth--bad news for the NRA and base.
He will never be accepted by my side. He messed that up a long time ago in NYC..... The man couldn't win his own State. We knew he was a bs artist. Who knew Idiocracy would become a reality .

Old 02-28-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Right? Or Obama--can you imagine the death threats he would have received had he stated anything close to what Trump said (on video live)?
Great point. It's the personality not the policy. Trumpistas follow Trump unconditionally .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies