Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 06:30 PM

2,692 posts, read 3,380,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
30%*of this country wants Trump to lie - or believes that he doesn't....or don't care. That is a BIG number of people who are ignorant and unpatriotic enough to bring down the USA. You cannot have that large of a number of "crooks or their conspirators" and still have a decent government and/or civilization.

Not lose-lose for nuts. Win win. They are happy as long as Trump sits in that office - NO MATTER WHAT.
Blows one's mind, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 06:31 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,576,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Here is a list.

Afghanistan
Ethiopia
Nepal
Nepal has nice smoke...

Old 02-28-2018, 06:42 PM

8,365 posts, read 7,556,773 times
Geez, maybe we should start a betting pool on who goes next.

Hope Hicks To Leave as WH Communications Director

Hope Hicks, the White House communications director and one of President Trump’s longest-serving advisers, said Wednesday that she plans to leave the White House in the coming weeks.

Ms. Hicks, 29, a former model who joined Mr. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign without any experience in politics, became known as one of the few aides who understood his personality and style and could challenge the president to change his views.

----

The above made me wonder if part of her decision to announce she's leaving today is the President's little hissy fit on Twitter about Sessions today.

That makes two Communications staffers announcing they're leaving in two days. The other one is Kushner's spokesperson Josh Raffel who announced he's leaving yesterday.

Kushner's Right Hand Man Josh Raffel leaving WH

---

Last edited by RosieSD; 02-28-2018 at 06:52 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 06:43 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,648,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Allegedly...

Her nickname in the WH by other staffers is "The Real Daughter."

And Ivanka's nickname is: "The Real Wife."
Barf. I guess it does speak to his base though.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:43 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,339,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
does communication director have anything to do with social media? say...twitter, facebook, etc.? i don't know, i'm asking honestly.
as i've understood it, the communications director is supposed to oversee everything going out to the media/public. the press secretary, social media and surrogates are all supposed to be coordinated under the communications director.

who knows how much of that is actual reality in this administration since hicks had zero experience for the job.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:47 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,104,395 times
LOL - "no Hope." Cute.

Thanks. This is interesting because it was my impression that she hadn't done anything so very bad - although she clearly was under-qualified (as are most Trump people).

Old 02-28-2018, 06:49 PM

Forgot another person who suddenly decided to leave this week -- Joseph Yun, the top US State Department diplomat dedicated to North Korea, also quit yesterday.

Loss of key diplomat revives concerns about Trump's North Korea strategy

Anyone want to venture a guess on who leaves next?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:49 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,532,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
ABC is reporting the same thing. I wonder what that's all about. "Other opportunities?" My ass. She's probably afraid all those "white lies" she's admitted telling for Trump will get her thrown in jail if she keeps it up. Pretty soon Trump will have no one but his family working in the place.

I can't imagine who would be offering her employment of any kind, that was legal and respectable. She's tossed her credibility onto the trash, by being Trump's shill all this time. Maybe she could write a book and tell more lies.

I'm looking forward to the time when even Trump's family members abandon ship.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:51 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,693,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Her resignation came a day after she testified for eight hours before the House Intelligence Committee...
Innnnteresting

Old 02-28-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
as i've understood it, the communications director is supposed to oversee everything going out to the media/public. the press secretary, social media and surrogates are all supposed to be coordinated under the communications director.

who knows how much of that is actual reality in this administration since hicks had zero experience for the job.
If she's been overseeing the President's twitter finger, she's been doing an amazing job! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies