Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:13 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

I have had women conductors and by and large they are hard workers.

I had one though who needed to be jumpstarted. A sensor went off indicating a car may have overheating bearings known as a hotbox. I requested and was granted diversion into a siding to investigate the car. I pulled into the siding and brought the consist to a halt and then looked at the conductor who looked at me and didn’t move. I said the train belongs to you so check it out. She said the snow drifts are too deep. I said we don’t t move until the alarm is resolved. The radio was squawking about an update and I said I was waiting on the conductor. She eventually did but that was her last trip with me. She eventually quit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 07:21 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Luckily for men, it's so easy to destroy women that they don't need a handbook. Destroy her reputation. Refuse to promote her. Rape her.
If she speaks up about sexual harassment at work, call her a liar and ruin her reputation so other companies don't hire her because she's labelled as a troublemaker or "difficult to work with".

This is how it's been for decades. Maybe the book will help some women find a way out of the harassment situation without being forced to take a lessor job or ruin their reputation for speaking out. Or at least help them prove their case or speak out to the correct people.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:25 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
and the Left makes fun of guys like VP Mike Pence for not riding in elevators with a woman or having dinner alone with one.

Now we are starting to see why and he is smart for being so careful when all it takes today is an accusation.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,311,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Many men are pigs but I do agree with Bill Maher that the Me Too movement has gone too far. I worry even that it has messed up what little chance I had with a man I would want. Good men might be afraid to ask a lady out anymore because of this and you would never know that's what it was. You might assume the guy just didn't like you and ladies don't always have the courage to make the first move partially because it was always expected for the man to so they were taught that if a man doesn't make a move then he just isn't that into you.

Unfortunately I wouldn't know what the solution is to this because as I said many men are pigs so we have to encourage women to come out. Maybe like Bill said concentrate on the degrees. Some crimes are worse than others but it's so difficult because something that wasn't as severe can have different effects depending on the person.
Meanwhile, women who possess that attitude and act accordingly only exacerbate the issue. Many women are pigs also, just as are some men, but I do not cast aspersions on all women because of the behavior of some. Unfortunately, there are many women who flat out hate men and make their mission in life to excoriate men at any given opportunity.

Prior to getting married I was asked out several times by women, I thought it was great. I also have been sexually harassed by women, women I knew, and complete strangers, I shrugged it off and went on with my life. Why would I grant a pig any power over me?

Old 03-01-2018, 08:19 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
I also have been sexually harassed by women, women I knew, and complete strangers, I shrugged it off and went on with my life. Why would I grant a pig any power over me?
If it's your boss, it's tough to shrug it off and move on with your life if you were denied a promotion or denied a salary increase because you refused to submit to the sexual advances of the boss. Or if you were fired or denied a project because if it. It's not always as easy as resigning and getting another job.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:25 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Luckily for men, it's so easy to destroy women that they don't need a handbook. Destroy her reputation. Refuse to promote her. Rape her. Make her financially dependent and then desert her. It's been going on forever.
Well, that's kind of the point of the thread isn't it? That there is actually a handbook on how to do it.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:41 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Nah, that has to be a troll by the MGTOW boys.
I think I agree...this is a troll book. Just read the review. It brings up real world examples of men who have been removed from power for sexual misconduct, but it also implies it will teach you how to destroy any man who gets in your way, not just any man who sexually harasses or abuses you. It seems like it was deliberately presented in a way meant to **** people off. And it seems, from the customer reviews, it was successful at that.

And her name is "Angela Confidential" who is, among other things, a Human Resources Professional. Stereotypical HR chick looking to take men down. Total troll, but well done.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:38 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,311,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
If it's your boss, it's tough to shrug it off and move on with your life if you were denied a promotion or denied a salary increase because you refused to submit to the sexual advances of the boss. Or if you were fired or denied a project because if it. It's not always as easy as resigning and getting another job.
I say these things to the exclusion of forcible rape. I think rape is a heinous, hateful, brutal ugly crime that should never go unpunished.

So, you are saying one should choose to submit to unwanted sexual advances, rather than take a stand and refuse them? Some could rationalize that any person who accepts money or services for sex is a prostitute. Look at how many actors/actresses who are jumping on the #MeToo bandwagon claiming sexual assault are now multi-millionaires and world famous. What category might they fit into if they acquiesced, got the roll in the movie and were payed?

Why have these "victims" waited until now to make accusations against their alleged abusers? Why should anyone take them seriously for waiting years and/or decades to come out and then expect justice. All this does is eyes of many, is cast doubt and disbelief onto them without any evidence, they merely have their own stale words, yet, many lives are being destroyed by them by merely speaking them. It is akin to a Salem witch hunt when only words can wreak so much damage.

I have known women who have been through that, my mother was one of them, she stood her ground and refused the unwanted advance and warned the jerk in no uncertain terms what the next occurrence would bring, it never happened again. My aunt, just recently dealt with a situation as you describe, she confronted her boss and told him it was unacceptable. He ceased with his behavior and the relationship between them has actually improved.

Bullies will bully until they are no longer allowed to. Make a stand against a bully and more often than not, they back down. If they do not back down, be smarter than them and make them see the error of their ways. Or, continue to parrot the words of and behave the victim, it is easier to go with the flow after all, than it is to resist and not allow oneself be the victim, that is a choice we all have to make.

Life is tough, making the right decision is tough. We all go through life experiencing situations that we disagree with and some of us choose to try to make those situations work out to our advantage, while others allow themselves to be taken advantage of, or if the situation warrants it, we remove ourselves from it.

Does it makes any sense to go to a hotel room for a meeting only to be greeted at the door by someone wearing a bathrobe, then enter the room expecting to have a sincere respectful meeting? No. Anyone with the least bit decorum would not enter the room, nor would one attempt to conduct such a meeting with professionalism in mind while wearing a robe.

Oh my gawd, he just told me I look nice today! I was sexually harassed!
OMG, he said I smell good! I was sexually harassed!
OMG, he said "this" and "that"! I was sexually harassed! Now, I am going to ruin his life!

This "I lack common sense, therefor I am a victim " hypersensitive attitude, needs to stop.

If someone says something you do not appreciate, tell them not to ever speak to you like that again. If the behavior persists, take appropriate action.

If someone touches you in a sexual way you do not appreciate, tell them not to ever do it again after you slap their face. If the behavior persists, take appropriate action.

If you feel threatened or intimidated by a person you suspect may force their way on you, do not allow yourself to be in a compromised/vulnerable position with them. If the behavior persists, take appropriate action.

It is so frustrating that the trend has become one of accusation, ruin and playing the victim, rather than awareness, assertiveness/self-reliance and responsibility for ones own actions or lack thereof.

If one is a victim, take action immediately and report it to the authority best suited to handle it correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies