Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 12:03 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Because the left doesn't care about the children, they only care about banning guns.

If they cared about the children, they would support protecting them with armed guards.

If you offered anything factual, I might believe it.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:05 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
Sounds like the blissful beginnings of a police state.
??? I don't get it, if you trust police so much, why not trust them everywhere?

Let's put them in your bedroom after having them in schools

Old 03-01-2018, 12:06 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why the resistance to put armed guards in schools? The only reasons I can think of are:
1. They are too mentally ill to think,
2. They want more tragedies to happen so that they can push for more gun control, or
3. Both 1+2

I know the media is foaming at the mouth whenever they see a mass shooting. They love mass shooting as it's so good for their ratings!
Ignorant crap like the above really doesn't deserve a cogent reply. But not everyone on the left thinks the way those on the right think they do. What I quoted says more about you than the folks you're pointing that insidious finger at.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:08 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Brilliant idea!!! So you lock up the armed guard who ran away from a mass shooting. Well done!!! That'll stop the shootings!!!

Oh wait.

Well what else are we to do? One instance of that and other officers would get the message and either do their jobs or find a different career before they're forced into that position. But there's reports that the officers in FL were ordered not to go inside. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/28...urces-say.html

The bottom line is no gun laws are going to actually prevent these instances. States with very strict laws have experienced these shootings. Other countries with strict laws experience them. A teacher in NY roughly around the same time as the FL shooting was arrested for bomb making. The best option to protect the kids is armed security. There are some serious social problems behind people becoming so violent that need to be addressed but we aren't going to fix our society overnight and, I doubt any politician wants such a difficult topic to be focused on. It's not guns it's a people problem. America has more violent crazies than most western nations. There are reasons for that but no one seems too interested in talking about it or investigating it.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:11 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
All the Left sees with guns is bad. It doesn't matter if it is a good guy with a gun they are still bad. Just look at how many Liberals jumped on board with violent groups that fought with Police and thought it OK that members of these terrorist groups would walk down a city street chanting "pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon". They were talking about dead cops but that was Ok because they were marching for "change".

Many on the Left are hypocrites. The Hollywood Left tell us how evil a wall on the southern border would be, a wall that would protect America yet they live in gated communities and behind fences. They tell us that guns are evil and should be banned yet they make millions from movies that feature guns and murder and if they want to go somewhere they can hire armed guards to protect them.

Arming all teachers is ridiculous because like segments of society there are people that are not responsible enough to safely own and operate a gun. There are some teachers that already have a license to own a gun but they are not allowed to bring it into the school which is often a gun free zone.

Withe the Left there is no middle ground.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:12 PM

18,056 posts, read 15,645,534 times
Inside the school doesn't do much good. An armed guard needs to be stationed outside every school entrance. And just like corporations do, kids should be issued security badges that allow them to go into the school. No badge, then you can't get in and someone in security will need to manually check you in.

Badging procedures, while a PITA, do work or at least help. The need is to keep the bad guys, the crazy kids carrying guns, out (and of course disarm these crazies before they can do any harm to anyone, if possible). The added element of an armed guard at every entrance would be a huge deterrent.

C'mon all you 2nd amendment machine gun toting people -- sign up to stand guard at your local schools! Don't whine on the Interwebs, go protect the kids with your well loved AR-15s.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:13 PM

192 posts, read 130,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
??? I don't get it, if you trust police so much, why not trust them everywhere?

Let's put them in your bedroom after having them in schools
I don't know if you misunderstood me, but I am against posting armed personnel outside of schools, and virtually anywhere. Hence the word "Police State". For a good lesson on why this is a bad idea, you might want to watch "Handmaid's Tale".

Old 03-01-2018, 12:20 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I can sort of understand not arming the teachers, but we have armed guards protecting everything from the president, celebrities, businesses (CNN has crap load of guards crawling in and around their building), money, jewelry to shopping malls.

Why the resistance to put armed guards in schools? The only reasons I can think of are:
1. They are too mentally ill to think,
2. They want more tragedies to happen so that they can push for more gun control, or
3. Both 1+2

I know the media is foaming at the mouth whenever they see a mass shooting. They love mass shooting as it's so good for their ratings!
Where is your proof that is true? You must be referring to people on this forum because that is not true as a whole country on either side.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Where is your proof that is true? You must be referring to people on this forum because that is not true as a whole country on either side.
Which part?

If not true, what's the reason then?

Old 03-01-2018, 12:25 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Because it's a bad idea, proposed by people who care more about owning guns than preventing shootings.

In this most recent tragedy, we had what, 4 armed cops ? Who stood outside waiting. Which goes to show how ineffective your proposal is.
That Florida school campus is huge. They needed armed security guards PLUS cameras that would be triggered when gunshots are fired.

The problem with the Florida shooting was that there was so much confusion and law enforcement didn't have eyes on the situation as it was unfolding.

Gun owners are not the problem. It's the hostile social environments at these schools that cause students and former students to rage and want revenge against other students (especially the happy and popular ones). Mental illness? Well some might be sociopaths, but really I know many people who are totally sane but were very unhappy in grade school socially.

Parents should be encouraging their children to be kind to others and have some empathy for the shy and awkward among them. And student social events should be much less about couples and romance, and more about platonic friendships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies