Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 08:00 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
"I may have disagreed with Romney, McCain and Bush on policy but I never questioned if they were credible and decent men."
Those three are better than Trump but that's a super low bar. They're all bad people as far as I can tell. Even "moderate democrats" these days are lousy with corporate money, though not as grossly compromised as the GOP overall.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I didn't really agree with Bush much, but I respected him. Guy has a good heart.
I hated him. He is a half-wit, and Cheney made him do awful things. Of course he seems like a likable doofus today, but that doesn't excuse the awful stuff he did in Iraq.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:06 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Sure, but even in the Republican primaries they had plenty of capable candidates to choose from, so it wasn't just about Hillary.

Ask those who voted for Trump.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:06 PM

24,600 posts, read 9,440,677 times
The fact that America is still a functional country throughout it's most dysfunctional executive branch in history, is actually a pretty good silver lining.

Everyday is a reminder that we elected someone who simply did not actually expect to win. It was a publicity stunt gone wrong.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:58 PM

1,110 posts, read 895,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The fact that America is still a functional country throughout it's most dysfunctional executive branch in history, is actually a pretty good silver lining.

Everyday is a reminder that we elected someone who simply did not actually expect to win. It was a publicity stunt gone wrong.
What astonishes me is how much power this POTUS has. He seems to be able to do what he wants (e.g., instant tariffs on aluminum and steel). He reminds me of the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland, who was always crying "off with their heads."

Old 03-03-2018, 09:06 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The biggest problem is yet to come.
Trump will get about 49% of the vote in 2020. Getting 51% of the people to all vote for the other candidate is going to be tricky. I can't even guess how the mid-terms are going to come out.

I just write it off to the war that Trump fights. It's gonna be messy, especially with millions of people all trying to find something to fuel their outrage, and prove their own conspiracy theories.
I don't care about the behind the scenes chaos. I like the result, and that's what matters.

26 Federal judges have been confirmed. Things have rarely looked better for America.
Confirmation Listing | United States Courts

Taxes have been reduced.

America is moving forward.
Little else matters.

No, we are moving backwards because these tax cuts have added $1 trillion to our deficit. Who's going to pay for this.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:06 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post

He reminds me of the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland, who was always crying "off with their heads."

Shhh don't give him any more bad ideas.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:12 PM

6,797 posts, read 14,021,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

No, we are moving backwards because these tax cuts have added $1 trillion to our deficit. Who's going to pay for this.

We already know the answer to this. They got the 50k Christmas bonus while we got the turkey. You have Trumplings who think this is fair deal. They are laughing at us.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:18 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Just look at sheer volatility, number of key level departures, all the drama.

This is not normal. First he hires money launderers for campaign chairman and other key positions, people who lie to FBI, then he drains the swamp by either having frustrated people leave the people he hired or just firing them.

Combine it with dozens of people without security clearance, hiring Mooch for 11 days and people like Omarosa, reality tv stars, Flynn acting as a foreign agent, hiring and keeping wife beaters (Porter) - I mean isn't that too much ?

Any CEO or executive hiring people like that and volatility would have been fired long time ago. Why do we have such a low bar for POTUS? Oh right, Fox News and right wing don't care unless Obama wears a wrong suit or his daughters are not smiling.

Hope Hicks out: People who left, were fired from Trump administration - Business Insider
Very funny thread. Especially after seeing what so far has been discovered from the Obama government and fake Dossier used to spy on political opponents!

More is coming out to show the worst WH administration of all centuries which was under Obama!

Old 03-03-2018, 09:37 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
This just in!

Disgraceful.

The less intelligent among us struggle with sarcasm and sardonic humor...they take it literally and get hiney hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies