Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 08:29 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I am a die hard Trunp supporter.

But there have been glaring and obvious mistakes made.

One was hiring Priebus.

Another was Ivanka and Jared. I love the POTUS but I don't think these two should have a role, of any kind.

Third was keeping so many of the Obama staffers.

Trump needed a conservative ideologue in charge of the whole operation.

Instead we have a classic example of "too many cooks"....
You know how you get too many cooks? By having a weak, clueless leader who has no knowledge or real opinions of his own, and who has no idea how to staff an administration with professionals who know what they're doing and can get things done.

All he knows is how to get attention and create a spectacle, skills which have no doubt suited him well and won him lots of "die hard" supporters. While it's a useful skillset for being a paid celebrity endorser (which is really all he was as a businessman) and for being a reality TV star, it's ill-suited to actually doing anything serious like running a country.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:32 PM

12,939 posts, read 9,551,479 times
And you fire Omarosa twice on The Apprentice, then hire her for a White House position, only to fire her again. I mean, didn't he learn anything from dealing with her before. I still can't figure that one out, but yet he is such a smart guy.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:33 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,334,971 times
I’m familiar with quite a few (ex)Trump supporters who are no longer. They were hopeful he would have a competent team and his buffoonery during the campaign was an act. But after a year of seemingly unending bombshells of misconduct, ineptitude, and bickering, these once hopeful supporters are fed up with Trump. They too have lost Hope.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:47 PM

12,939 posts, read 9,551,479 times
Knowledge, professionalism, and skills were not a top priority in this administration. You just had to be a family member, a friend, done something nice for him in the past and he owe you one, or hire people from a list people gave you.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:07 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,010,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You know how you get too many cooks? By having a weak, clueless leader who has no knowledge or real opinions of his own, and who has no idea how to staff an administration with professionals who know what they're doing and can get things done.

All he knows is how to get attention and create a spectacle, skills which have no doubt suited him well and won him lots of "die hard" supporters. While it's a useful skillset for being a paid celebrity endorser (which is really all he was as a businessman) and for being a reality TV star, it's ill-suited to actually doing anything serious like running a country.
Now this I don't agree with.

I wouldn't say for example that Trump has "no real opinions of his own". Many, many of his opinions/policy statements have been consistent back to the 1990s. IMO where he runs into trouble is that he instinctively understands that a certain direction is desirable or is wrong, but because he is not an ideological conservative, he cannot articulate WHY it is desirable or wrong in an effortless way, like Reagan did.

Where Trump shines is in working with other business leaders. He needed someone with inside experience to organize the WH who was also 100% MAGA, and he did not get that.

However, I don't think it's too late.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 03-01-2018 at 09:26 PM..

Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Pretty much agreed. What staffers are you thinking of from Obama though?
It doesn't matter. Any of them or all of them. The animosity and emotions run too deep.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,621,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I am a die hard Trunp supporter.

But there have been glaring and obvious mistakes made.

One was hiring Priebus.

Another was Ivanka and Jared. I love the POTUS but I don't think these two should have a role, of any kind.

Third was keeping so many of the Obama staffers.

Trump needed a conservative ideologue in charge of the whole operation.

Instead we have a classic example of "too many cooks"....
Just curious. Exactly which Obama staffers did Trump keep?

Edited to add - I see you said "It doesn't matter. Any of them or all of them. The animosity and emotions run too deep."

So you can't actually name any? Or describe who they are?

OK, then tell me this - since the day he got into office, Trump has obviously been on a campaign to walk back every action Obama took. So why on earth would Trump keep Obama staffers????

None of the WH staff whose names have been in the news were Obama holdovers.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:34 PM

48,301 posts, read 34,433,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Hillary represents everything wrong with politics, while Trump represents a lot of what's wrong with society.
Well said.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-01-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Just curious. Exactly which Obama staffers did Trump keep?

Edited to add - I see you said "It doesn't matter. Any of them or all of them. The animosity and emotions run too deep."

So you can't actually name any? Or describe who they are?

OK, then tell me this - since the day he got into office, Trump has obviously been on a campaign to walk back every action Obama took. So why on earth would Trump keep Obama staffers????

None of the WH staff whose names have been in the news were Obama holdovers.
I am not following you. I wouldn't expect Obama staffers to stay for the Trunp administration. Are we supposed to know the name of every mid level WH worker? I am not talking about anyone who has been in the news lately. I am speaking generally; the transition to a new staff was not handled expeditiously nor judiciously.

This is the problem with trying to have an honest conversation. If I agree that the staffing has not gone well, even that is not enough. I get grilled about exact names. Maybe you are trying to suggest that everyone who worked for Obama then went out of his or her way to act in Trump's best interest? Geez.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:42 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,411,899 times
I don't know how this surprises anyone. Regardless of what you think of his politics, the American people elected a man who was going to have to learn everything on the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies