Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 01:44 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So. The Poles and Czechs booted Germans from lands they’d occupied for hundreds of years. The British coldly snatched Gibraltar and Northern Ireland. Serbs stole Vojvodina from Hungary. In fact, Europeans have robbed and ethnic cleaned so much territory that you guys have a lot of nerve pointing fingers at Africans.
Thats your racism popping up again. Those were geostrategic power struggles between states. Not simply opportunist racism against a minority group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Apartheid will never return, but regardless of what anyone does, the situation will get worse and worse for the foreseeable future.
It might. But it’s their problem to work out.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
There was a time when an African American identity didn’t exist either. It does now. Why? Because we were forced into it by people that were unrelenting in their cruelty and oppression.

I’m not missing the point..you are.
Identities change all the time. Thats the point. The tribes of Africa would hate each other. Based on what? The same reasons you hate whites, endless wars and slavery. These identities are meaningless, because its pure tribalism. In your dream scenario, where the whites are ethnically cleansed, you will just start to point to other groups who do better than the black majority in Africa. Next up will be the Asians in South Africa. We have seen what racist opportunism lead to in the past.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats your racism popping up again. Those were geostrategic power struggles between states. Not simply opportunist racism against a minority group.
When it comes to Europeans, you guys always have a good excuse.

What was “geostrategic” about annexing Northern Ireland or kicking every German out of the Sudentenland?

Lol...gimme a break. European land grabs were all examples of ethnic opportunism. Don’t try to ascribe noble intentions to whites and ignoble intentions to everyone else. You think you’re talking to a fool, but you aren’t.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:55 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,664 times
Quote:
I don’t believe in a “blacks only” policy. I like the idea of whites living in Africa. They contribute plenty.

I do however believe that black Africans should be in charge of all of Sub Saharan Africa. Just like whites control ALL OF EUROPE!!

On a certian level, I agree with you, but I dont break things down so simplistically into race, as you seem to. A minority, especially one with vastly lower numbers and differing cultural mores, should not rule over a majority. Thats why apartheid in SA was so wrong.
In fact culture trumps race in predicting outcomes in almost every aspect, if one pays attention to it.

Quote:
Whites don’t control any East Asian nations. They don’t control any Middle Eastern nation except Israel. So why should they control Sub Saharan African nations? Answer: they shouldn’t.
Israel is "white controlled" now? Lol. Yet another country I lived in for several years, amongst the people. One was very hard pressed to tell a Palestanian, Moroccan, Jordanian, etc... from any other flavor of Israeli.

You got this fixation on race for sure, vice other attributes.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
When it comes to Europeans, you guys always have a good excuse.

What was “geostrategic” about annexing Northern Ireland or kicking every German out of the Sudentenland?

Lol...gimme a break. European land grabs were all examples of ethnic opportunism. Don’t try to ascribe noble intentions to whites and ignoble intentions to everyone else. You think you’re talking to a fool, but you aren’t.
Are you joking? There is nothing noble about geostrategic power games. Its what all states do. Look at a map. Serbia didnt annex Northern Ireland. Spain didnt annex Russia. It was their neighbors that did that.
A comparison would be if South Africa waged war with Mozambique and expelled all people from Mozambique living in South Africa.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Identities change all the time. Thats the point. The tribes of Africa would hate each other. Based on what? The same reasons you hate whites, endless wars and slavery. These identities are meaningless, because its pure tribalism. In your dream scenario, where the whites are ethnically cleansed, you will just start to point to other groups who do better than the black majority in Africa. Next up will be the Asians in South Africa. We have seen what racist opportunism lead to in the past.
So what if they’d hate each other. I lived in Europe for 13 years. They hate each other too. Still, whites run Europe. Why? Because it’s THEIR homeland. I’m not for running whites out of Africa...hell, I’m for MORE whites living in Africa. But African nations should be run by the indigenous people of Africa. Hell, you guys don’t even like colored peoples immigrating to Europe and you constantly complain about it here on CD all the time.

But you want Europeans to call the shots in Africa. Perish the thought.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:01 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
We should arm the farmers and take out the leadership if necessary.
Who says the farmers aren't armed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
To be fair, the whole SW used to belong to Mexico until we stole it in a war, so we are Invaders in this region, and I always feel a little conflicted about that living here
I can't speak for other parts of the Southwest, but the present state of New Mexico was a remote, largely ignored territory of Mexico for a grand total of 31 years before legally ceding it by treaty (and gaining a tidy sum of money in the process). Supply lines were nearly nonexistant, and most of the necessities that had to be imported came from American states and territories on the Santa Fe trail via Missouri.

The Spanish population here actually had almost no loyalty to Mexico as Mexico basically let the region languish, and I assure you the Native Americans didn't give a flying **** for Mexico either.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Are you joking? There is nothing noble about geostrategic power games. Its what all states do. Look at a map. Serbia didnt annex Northern Ireland. Spain didnt annex Russia. It was their neighbors that did that.
A comparison would be if South Africa waged war with Mozambique and expelled all people from Mozambique living in South Africa.
Look, bottom line: Apartheid left lots of bad blood. Blame those who perpetrated it.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
So what if they’d hate each other. I lived in Europe for 13 years. They hate each other too. Still, whites run Europe. Why? Because it’s THEIR homeland. I’m not for running whites out of Africa...hell, I’m for MORE whites living in Africa. But African nations should be run by the indigenous people of Africa. Hell, you guys don’t even like colored peoples immigrating to Europe and you constantly complain about it here on CD all the time.

But you want Europeans to call the shots in Africa. Perish the thought.
Your racism is telling. I have never called for what you are talking about. Why shouldnt people of another skin color be able to succeed in Europe?

Your fixation is race, thinking that defines everything about someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies