Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 12:56 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,105,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Africa is a huge continent, and people came from far away on that continent to the southern cape.

But it's all so simple for you, isnt it? If the settlers are black, thats all that matters, right?

Currently there are many black South Africans that greatly resent other black Africans being in South Africa (up to using extreme violence), like Mozembiqeans, Zimbabweans, Kenyans, Nigerians, etc.....

That "blacks only" unity you seem to espouse seems to run pretty thin among Africans from what I can see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoph...n_South_Africa
I don’t believe in a “blacks only” policy. I like the idea of whites living in Africa. They contribute plenty.

I do however believe that black Africans should be in charge of all of Sub Saharan Africa. Just like whites control ALL OF EUROPE!!

Whites don’t control any East Asian nations. They don’t control any Middle Eastern nation except Israel. So why should they control Sub Saharan African nations? Answer: they shouldn’t.

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 03-03-2018 at 01:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 01:12 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,927,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t believe in a “blacks only” policy. I like the idea of whites living in Africa. They contribute plenty.

I do however believe that black Africans should be in charge of all of Sub Saharan Africa. Just like whites control ALL OF EUROPE!!
There was no pan-African/black nationalism in the past. That is a very recent phenomena. Even the concept of "Africa" wasnt used in sub-Saharan Africa. 400 years ago, you would get riled up about some pan-tribal nationalism instead, claiming that "your tribe" should be in charge, not "that other tribe".

Old 03-03-2018, 01:21 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,432,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I'm not even sure what events you're talking about (Did the French gov't confiscate all land owned by French citizens of German descent?), so I question whether they're comparable to South Africa.

You seem to be conflating land ownership by private citizens with territorial disputes between nation-states.
Yes, the French deported Germans from Alsace-Lorraine even if there families had been there for 300 years. the same was true 1000 years ago of Catalonia/Aragon, Brittany, and Conde

not to mention WW2 itself
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/rm-do...b_1625437.html

Old 03-03-2018, 01:24 PM

30,714 posts, read 21,854,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In short, you want apartheid to return.
Apartheid will never return, but regardless of what anyone does, the situation will get worse and worse for the foreseeable future.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Yes, the French deported Germans from Alsace-Lorraine even if there families had been there for 300 years. the same was true 1000 years ago of Catalonia/Aragon, Brittany, and Conde

not to mention WW2 itself
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/rm-do...b_1625437.html
That was a campaign of ethnic cleansing as a result of war with Germany.

South Africa is more similar to the treatment of Chinese in Indonesia which ended up in massacres of the Chinese minority. Just pure opportunistic racism.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
There was no pan-African/black nationalism in the past. That is a very recent phenomena. Even the concept of "Africa" wasnt used in sub-Saharan Africa. 400 years ago, you would get riled up about some pan-tribal nationalism instead, claiming that "your tribe" should be in charge, not "that other tribe".
There wouldn’t be a Pan African concept NOW if European immigrants to Africa had acted right...but they didn’t.

Again, Europeans have been booted out of EVERY region of the world, not just in Africa. So why are you guys so angry at Africans for a sentiment that is shared by every other region that wanted Europeans to beat feet?

Old 03-03-2018, 01:30 PM

4,412 posts, read 2,907,932 times
Quote:

Whites don’t control any East Asian nations. They don’t control any Middle Eastern nation except Israel. So why should they control Sub Saharan African nations? Answer: they shouldn’t.
Whites don't control Africa. And some of Africa is Arab nations. The South African government is elected by its people and majority black, so what's your Point?

Old 03-03-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
There wouldn’t be a Pan African concept NOW if European immigrants to Africa had acted right...but they didn’t.

Again, Europeans have been booted out of EVERY region of the world, not just in Africa. So why are you guys so angry at Africans for a sentiment that is shared by every other region that wanted Europeans to beat feet?
You are missing the point. Africa as a concept was not used by sub-Saharan Africans in the past. You are simply defining yourself based on what you see as "the other". To you, that means any white person. If you had lived in Africa 400 years ago, you would have no concept of any term "Africa". Your ideology of black nationalism is racist, simple as that. The black leaders you want simply do not care about skin color the way you do. You hope they do, but they dont. They care about their own power and privilege, and use your dream of some black-only utopia as a way to further amass personal power and wealth. Its no different than white nationalism and hatred of Jews or any other group who might have been classified as "not belonging".

Old 03-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
That was a campaign of ethnic cleansing as a result of war with Germany.

South Africa is more similar to the treatment of Chinese in Indonesia which ended up in massacres of the Chinese minority. Just pure opportunistic racism.
So. The Poles and Czechs booted Germans from lands they’d occupied for hundreds of years. The British coldly snatched Gibraltar and Northern Ireland. Serbs stole Vojvodina from Hungary. In fact, Europeans have robbed and ethnic cleaned so much territory that you guys have a lot of nerve pointing fingers at Africans.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
You are missing the point. Africa as a concept was not used by sub-Saharan Africans in the past. You are simply defining yourself based on what you see as "the other". To you, that means any white person. If you had lived in Africa 400 years ago, you would have no concept of any term "Africa". Your ideology of black nationalism is racist, simple as that. The black leaders you want simply do not care about skin color the way you do. You hope they do, but they dont. They care about their own power and privilege, and use your dream of some black-only utopia as a way to further amass personal power and wealth. Its no different than white nationalism and hatred of Jews or any other group who might have been classified as "not belonging".
There was a time when an African American identity didn’t exist either. It does now. Why? Because we were forced into it by people that were unrelenting in their cruelty and oppression.

I’m not missing the point..you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies