Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 07:59 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
An extra 2k+ in my pay yearly...

Oh, wait...you meant what has he done to hurt me...well...nothing.
So you're saying the only thing that matters in your life is money. You certainly voted for the right person then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So you're saying the only thing that matters in your life is money. You certainly voted for the right person then.
How did you get that from my post? Your liberalism is showing...

Old 03-03-2018, 09:39 AM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
I got $150 per month increase!! (er, ah, I mean, decrease on fed tax liability) Yay!! (That's $$$ to me, for those who need remedial assistance)
more money. Oh, the humanity,

Old 03-03-2018, 09:41 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Personally, I have had the best entertainment from Trump and his staff!

Old 03-03-2018, 09:44 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgageboss View Post
I've got so much new business that I have to work much harder to keep up..this is a good problem to have.
How do you like working for the Ruskies?

Old 03-03-2018, 12:04 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
How has Trump affected me personally? I am worried about Medicare cuts. I'm only four years away from applying. When I hear Ryan talk about revisiting entitlements, yes it concerns me. It's hard enough to find doctors that take medicare now and I wonder what health care is going to be like in my later years.

The tax cuts mean nothing to us because we are retired. I do worry that social security will dry up before I leave this planet, and it makes me angry that I was forced to pay into something for my retirement that may very well be cut or gone to pay for an unfair tax redistribution plan for the wealthy. For those of you who are happy getting peanuts vs the wealthy getting a bigger slice of the pie, shame. It's very simple minded. Honestly, I think think the middle class should be taking home 5k more a year vs the wealthy taking home hundreds of millions more a year. Ya think. A little less for the mega rich and into the pockets of those who will spend it fueling the economy. Common sense.

I don't like Trump, but I don't have to like him if he's doing a good job. What I do like is a very dear friend of ours and a Trump voter getting a break with his LLC. He deserves it and I'm happy for him. So that's one good thing that has come out of Trump's presidency.

However, yeah you knew this was coming When I see the flagrant corruption, the shady business connections and a president that is more pro Putin then pro American, it makes my heart sink. When I see people defending lies, spewing hate, and lowering the bar of what a president should be, it leaves me sad and discouraged.

When I see innocent kids dying in schools and innocent people being mowed down, and a president bowing to the NRA, which is nothing more then a lobbying interest, I get discouraged. The NRA is not the second amendment. When I see people commenting in callous ways that the second amendment is more important then protecting an innocent life? I find that despicable.

The president is supposed to set the tone for our country. The president is supposed to be a position of honor and respect. I don't see that in this white house and I find it disturbing, and not in the best interest of our country.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:01 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Default Please stay on topic

Please do not post if you are not responding to the OP. All the posts that were removed were either off topic or responding to off topic posts. If your post is still here, you either stayed on topic or were responding to other posts that had remained on the topic of discussion. Let this be a lesson to you. Don't waste your time in threads if you have nothing to say about the actual subject at hand. Start your own thread or find one that currently deals with what you have to say or want to talk about. The subject is how have you been personally affected by Trump. So that is what you should respond too. If you have no response for that subject, don't respond.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:05 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Because The Cheeto getting elected killed any chance of single payer healthcare or removing marijuana from DEA Schedule I, as all Republicans would stop those

Old 03-03-2018, 05:12 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
He's trying to take away my health insurance. That absolutely affects me personally, along with millions and millions of other Americans. And he doesn't give a damn about how many people will be left with nothing if he gets his way.

So much for his great plan that will cover all Americans.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:19 PM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He's trying to take away my health insurance. That absolutely affects me personally, along with millions and millions of other Americans. And he doesn't give a damn about how many people will be left with nothing if he gets his way.

So much for his great plan that will cover all Americans.
ACA is free to compete. It should be sold w/o subsidies from those who choose not to partake of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies