Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 05:31 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Being a homosexual is your own choice. Trump didn't have anything to do with it. He didn't make you choose that lifestyle. You own that and everything that goes with it.

My Trump tax cut was $50 a month. Since I don't waste my money on "going out" it pays for groceries for my granddaughter and me for an entire week.
I’m not “out” or “in the lifestyle”, I haven’t dated anybody since 2010, and I did go through conversion therapy and it didn’t work. Who are you to say it’s a choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 05:43 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
It's funny to read the comments from the intellectually challenged Trump supporters touting their increased take home pay without even giving a thought to how it's going to devastate our economy once the bill comes due. I guess they purposely choose not to look at the big picture? Everyone else sees it. It's a ticking time bomb.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:49 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It's funny to read the comments from the intellectually challenged Trump supporters touting their increased take home pay without even giving a thought to how it's going to devastate our economy once the bill comes due. I guess they purposely choose not to look at the big picture? Everyone else sees it. It's a ticking time bomb.
Yawn.

Another Hillary "Deplorables" argument combined with the Paul Krugman "the economy will never recover under Trump" argument.

I'd think you'd get tired of proved wrong time after time.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:57 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post

But Obongo doubling the debt was just fine as long as you got your freebies right? Okay.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:10 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
But Obongo doubling the debt was just fine as long as you got your freebies right? Okay.
Very selective memory here, or you are too young to remember 2008 and the four years thereafter? The recession Obama inherited from Bush was the worst since the Great Depression. Business closed, massive job losses, foreclosures, bankruptcies - resulting in huge reduction of tax revenues and huge expansion of the social safety nets in the form of extended unemployment benefits that went on for almost four years and a massive need for food stamps, Medicaid and other help.

The National Debt was doubled because the OFF THE BOOKS IRAQ WAR was finally PUT ON THE BOOKS - Bush intentionally kept the expense of this war off the books to fool you.

Over ten million were unemployed thanks to the Bush recession and unpaid for tax cuts and war - so the "freebies," reduced tax revenues and ballooning debt during that time unfortunately were the result of the irresponsible Bush/GOP policies - which are now being repeated in the form of UNPAID FOR TAX CUTS - and corporations using the money to once again buyback stock in record dollar amounts - $800 billion so far - just like they did in after the Bush tax cuts - which led to a liquidity crisis, including Lehman Bros. Many of those companies who did the stock buybacks no longer exist.

The height of insanity is to continue to do the same thing and expect a different result. So, expect a repeat. The GOP continues its the OLD PLAYBOOK - therefore, the result will be the same.

Yet another financial calamity brought on by repetitive irresponsible GOP fiscal and tax policy.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:29 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Very selective memory here, or you are too young to remember 2008 and the four years thereafter?
Too young? I doubt it! But you blaming Bush for Obongo's failures is funny because the Bush's are just as progressive as that Clintons and Obongo...They're all progressive globalists traitors.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Because The Cheeto getting elected killed any chance of single payer healthcare or removing marijuana from DEA Schedule I, as all Republicans would stop those
Plus, that tax cut is borrowing against our future. Whatever short-term gains we individually make are gonna come back to bite this country in the ass - even if you're in the one percent of the one percent. At the rate it's going, this country will be like Brazil or South Africa in another two generations if we don't change course: a middle world country nation with lots of modern stuff, but lots of people too poor to afford so much of that stuff. That's why I don't worry about JUST "me, myself, and I". Looking at one's own interest first can only get them so far before they realize that others are making their own gains as well - often both come at the expense of long-term national well-being.

Trump's rhetoric opened the floodgates to a surge of hatred, intolerance, and pettiness; one that destroys bonds of trust between society's members. That trust is necessary to form connections that enable people to meet the demands of day-to-day living (connections like informal information channels / grapevine, helping hands, and access to resources you can't get by yourself). Breaking those bonds of trust breaks our ability to solve our social problems - which eventually leads to serious economic problems for large segments of society. It also leads to massive distrust between the government, its agents, and its people - further making the business of governing properly more difficult. In short, the most important factor in a society's health are those things that are not easily measured on a balance sheet, or even not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I’m not “out” or “in the lifestyle”, I haven’t dated anybody since 2010, and I did go through conversion therapy and it didn’t work. Who are you to say it’s a choice?
I'm heterosexual 100% - not even bi- or pan- or whatever. I don't recall choosing who I'm attracted to. But growing up in the late 20th century rural Deep South I can assure you that any gay person there would not choose to be gay, particularly in that time and place with such blast furnace intensity of contempt toward them. Yet, for all the homophobia, they still remained LGB, and a few even were T.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:22 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
His cabinet appointment, for no discernible reason, is going after my recreational weed.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:33 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yawn.

Another Hillary "Deplorables" argument combined with the Paul Krugman "the economy will never recover under Trump" argument.

I'd think you'd get tired of proved wrong time after time.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:56 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Still most cannot answer as to how it has affected them personally in any detrimental way other than using dire predictions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies