Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 10:21 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
A simple question. How has Trump personally affected your life?
I take the combination of your questions to mean tangibly (without knowing 100% for certain that you mean only tangibly), and for me personally it/he hasn't. I can see where it might for some going forward if they both need the ACA, and rely on the subsidy. Some others are obviously interpreting your questions to mean more than just the tangible, which allows for emotional distress one feels, and thus 'generic hate' (for lack of a better way to put it) to be expressed that could be affixed to anyone who hates Trump/doesn't like Trump policies that don't affect them, rather than any such respondents specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 02:01 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,597,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I'm also disgusted with the mindset behind the OP's question, as if one cannot disagree with a person or find them a horrible human being until one has directly been harmed by them. I haven't been directly harmed by Putin, the leader of North Korea, or any crazy dictators in the Middle East, but they, too, are all clearly horrible people who should not be supported.
This bears repeating. Sorry I can't rep you again for a while.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:20 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
True! And we know how accurrate they are at predicting things!
You really need some new material. Why not trot out an email reference while you are at it?

Old 03-04-2018, 02:24 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
This bears repeating. Sorry I can't rep you again for a while.
I'm with you, that was an excellent post. I tried to make that point in an earlier post but the opening question is insulting. As I said I care about more than what is effecting me directly.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:36 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,152 times
I wake up in the middle of the night, part the curtains, looking anxiously up at the sky. Thank goodness. It is still there. For tonight.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:38 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,650,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I’m not “out” or “in the lifestyle”, I haven’t dated anybody since 2010, and I did go through conversion therapy and it didn’t work. Who are you to say it’s a choice?
Don't worry about it man, most of us get it. Just ignore the people who don't get it, they probably never will.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:05 PM

426 posts, read 334,222 times
Just wait until the 2018 mid-term elections are over. Trump and the republicans are going to cut back on medicaid, medicare, social security and raise the retirement age. Their tax cuts for the rich raised the deficit over a trillion dollars and they will say that the deficit is too high and they need to cut back on entitlement programs to save money. The average worker will end up getting screwed over big time. All those people who are doing cartwheels because they're getting an extra 25 or 50 dollars extra a month will be crying like a baby.

"The Two Santa Claus Theory: Republican Strategy to Dismantle the Social Safety Net"
(This needs to be taught to everyone from high school government classes on up)

https://youtu.be/vDuzgE0CESc

Old 03-05-2018, 05:54 AM

12,967 posts, read 9,650,170 times
Look like he is starving for a trade war, and trade partners are ready to retaliate. That will adversely affect a whole lot of people down the road.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
By keeping us in never ending wars in the Middle East my life is less safe. But on the good side I'll pay less on my 2018 taxes although they are still too high.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:34 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,643 times
I have noticed that since Trump has been president it has been more difficult to pay bills. One reason for that is Section 8. Now they have never operated dollar for dollar but they are even worse now because they won't even take into consideration when my mom has had less hours at work. I didn't think they could get any worse but they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Although he has not affected me YET in a direct way, he has negatively affected my mental health by making me more fearful of the future -- meaning that I am much more depressed and less optimistic than I was even two years ago with Obama . . . and that is saying a lot! I think and feel that we are in much more danger now of entering into a nuclear war (doesn't matter who starts it) then we have been in decades. I am also worried about how his policies will affect the environment in general, as he doesn't seem to be willing to spend a single dime on protecting the environment in any way (pollution control, national parks, fracking, whatever). And God forbid there is a true mega-disaster of any kind -- as bad as Bush II and his administration was after Hurricane Katrina, I truly think that Trump and his administration would be even worse.
I wouldn't be that scared of war. We have to believe that people won't let him get that far. He can be a dangerous person but I think he's mostly an idiot that can be stopped if it becomes a dire level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Yes, just like you and I chose to be hetero. Except I don't remember choosing. I just was. In other words, it's not a choice

I swear I thought it was 2018

These are probably the same people who believe falling in love is a choice and maybe that most everything in life is a choice i.e. you can choose to be unemployed. I've seen a lot of Trump supporters make this argument about employment so consider the source.
That's hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I'm heterosexual 100% - not even bi- or pan- or whatever. I don't recall choosing who I'm attracted to. But growing up in the late 20th century rural Deep South I can assure you that any gay person there would not choose to be gay, particularly in that time and place with such blast furnace intensity of contempt toward them. Yet, for all the homophobia, they still remained LGB, and a few even were T.
Not sure why anyone would choose to be gay. It's hard enough being a straight woman and not believing that you can be with the man you want partially because you're not pretty enough. Gays get to wonder if they're good enough for the person they want (possibly, some might be more confident) on top of the bullying.

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-05-2018 at 04:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies