Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 04:47 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
A simple question. How has Trump personally affected your life?

I had already posted a reply, which I thought succinctly covered it - that while I'm lucky that Trump's policies haven't had any direct adverse affect on my finances or immediate security (ignoring the fact that he's nudging us closer to nuclear war and environmental disaster), I still suffer the humiliation of having a president who is such a disgrace to the office and to the basic traditions of America.

However, there are two other points I should add:

1. His appalling statements and actions have me spending so much more time reading a broad range of periodicals, even tangential ones like The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, and Rolling Stone (which has surprisingly good political writing, by the way), that I'm annoyed to find that I have less time to read novels.

2. The constant flood of ridiculous and horrifying news, even about the compulsive Tweets, has led me to develop a great fondness for Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers, who do an excellent job skewering him on their late-night shows - so that I'm perpetually short of sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 07:38 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times
I'm just getting exhausted from all of this WINNING!

And all of the left's WHINNING!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:40 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,016 times
My mental health has been affected by this.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:43 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I'm just getting exhausted from all of this WINNING!

And all of the left's WHINNING!
If you consider deficit spending, adding $1 trillion to the debt the first year, getting involved in more wars, appointing Sessions, wanting to pass import taxes onto businesses and the American consumer, threatening to take our guns without due process, and generally ruling like the liberal Democrat he is winning, then I guess it can be considered winning.

p.s. Trump is on the left.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:57 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
If you consider deficit spending, adding $1 trillion to the debt the first year, getting involved in more wars, appointing Sessions, wanting to pass import taxes onto businesses and the American consumer, threatening to take our guns without due process, and generally ruling like the liberal Democrat he is winning, then I guess it can be considered winning.

p.s. Trump is on the left.
Bwa ha ha ha! Deficit? He's an amateur compared to Obongo in spending!

Obongo spent trillions and we saw no benefit...Trump spends one and the economy goes gangbusters!

Old 03-06-2018, 03:29 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Bwa ha ha ha! Deficit? He's an amateur compared to Obongo in spending!

Obongo spent trillions and we saw no benefit...Trump spends one and the economy goes gangbusters!
Oh, remember, stay on topic, stay on topic!

Old 03-06-2018, 04:46 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler123 View Post
i'm also disgusted with the mindset behind the op's question, as if one cannot disagree with a person or find them a horrible human being until one has directly been harmed by them. I haven't been directly harmed by putin, the leader of north korea, or any crazy dictators in the middle east, but they, too, are all clearly horrible people who should not be supported.
👍 👍

Old 03-06-2018, 06:44 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trumps tax cuts has added billions of dollars to our deficit. Who’s going to pay for that

It only took a couple years to replaced tax revenue lost to the Reagan tax cuts with new revenue that came about as a result of economic growth, due largely to the previously mentioned tax cuts.

Why can't leftists understand that the economy is dynamic and all actions have both intended and unintended consequences.

The endless cycle of heavy taxation, anemic economic growth and dependency on the state, (the result of anemic economic growth) requires the same heavy taxation we started with and (except for Democratic politicians hoping to transform otherwise productive Americans into government dependents) doesn't improve anyone's life.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:50 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Obama created an American form of malaise. A tepid, pessimistic environment by telling us all we didn't build that, and we were a racist, colonial power. However, it never affected how I "felt". I knew we were better than that. Trump reinforces our strengths as a nation, but I would have still thought we were great without Trump, at least until the Communists took over completely.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:58 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Honestly, I'm brining home like $50 bucks a paycheck more....besides that, nothing has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies