Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 09:50 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There is more.

If you watch the video they had already stopped him because they knew his name.

Which means they ran him in the computer and no warrants appeared.

That probably angered them...hence following Rush to watch him jaywalk so they could F with him.

Even if there were warrants, these thugs with guns don't get to play judge and jury. I'm so sick of this kind of thing and the circle of protection that surrounds them.

And nothing will be done. In the end, even if he's tried and found guilty, this abuse of power will continue.

This is why, while I defended the rights of NFL players to take a knee, I criticized it for being a meaningless act meant only to grandstand. So they brought awareness to the problem. In the end it did zip.

Famous black folks know what they need to do. I don't know why they're not doing it.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:55 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
And it continues.

You'd figure some cops would get the hint in 2018 that this sort of nonsense was unacceptable, but apparently not. Who knows how many more such incidents happen everyday that is not filmed.

No doubt some will excuse the cop's actions. There's always gotta be that one person.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:00 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Even if there were warrants, these thugs with guns don't get to play judge and jury. I'm so sick of this kind of thing and the circle of protection that surrounds them.
I agree.

All the boot lickers that run to their defense, suck up and think it will never happen to them because they're such law abiding little boy scouts... What if you were out minding your business and happened to match a description? Would you want them to play judge and jury then?

Rouge cops makes a great vigilante justice movie plot. Not so much in real life.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:06 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:

And nothing will be done. In the end, even if he's tried and found guilty, this abuse of power will continue.

This is why, while I defended the rights of NFL players to take a knee, I criticized it for being a meaningless act meant only to grandstand. So they brought awareness to the problem. In the end it did zip.

Famous black folks know what they need to do. I don't know why they're not doing it.
If he had warrants they would have arrested him when they initially stopped him. That's what I'm saying.

If you watch the video it picks up where the one officer is talking about Rush by name and how they warned him not to jaywalk.

So things got physical after a second stop, not a first.

Like I said, they were probably ticked off he didn't have any warrants and followed him to watch him jaywalk again so they could harass him some more.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:14 AM

27,572 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
So, he doesn’t obey the police in spite of being told several times, and then he resists and runs and continues to resist.

I’m supposed to feel sympathy for such an individual? I don't think so. I would want him off the streets.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:41 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, he doesn’t obey the police in spite of being told several times, and then he resists and runs and continues to resist.

I’m supposed to feel sympathy for such an individual? I don't think so. I would want him off the streets.
You want people imprisoned for jaywalking?

Frankly that mentality is more disturbing to me than someone running away from cops who are being violent bullies over jaywalking.

And before you ask, no I don't think you should be jailed for it. I'm not an Orwellian villain.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:49 AM

27,572 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
You want people imprisoned for jaywalking?

Frankly that mentality is more disturbing to me than someone running away from cops who are being violent bullies over jaywalking.

And before you ask, no I don't think you should be jailed for it. I'm not an Orwellian villain.
It is never a good idea to disobey and then physically resist a cop. Bad move. It takes a certain kind of individual to do that, a kind that most people would rather not have roaming freely on the streets.

Most law-abiding people do what a cop tells them to do, believe it or not.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is never a good idea to disobey and then physically resist a cop. Bad move. It takes a certain kind of individual to do that, a kind that most people would rather not have roaming freely on the streets.

Most law-abiding people do what a cop tells them to do, believe it or not.

I knew it wouldn't be long.

Quote:
If he had warrants they would have arrested him when they initially stopped him. That's what I'm saying.

If you watch the video it picks up where the one officer is talking about Rush by name and how they warned him not to jaywalk.

So things got physical after a second stop, not a first.

Like I said, they were probably ticked off he didn't have any warrants and followed him to watch him jaywalk again so they could harass him some more.
Got it. Yeah, they had their goal in mind, they just had to wait to get there.

Well, I guess he's lucky he wasn't shot, right?

Old 03-03-2018, 11:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
I knew it wouldn't be long.

Got it. Yeah, they had their goal in mind, they just had to wait to get there.

Well, I guess he's lucky he wasn't shot, right?
Just by the language in the video you can see they wanted to F with this guy.

Ok, let's say your a normal human being (though becoming a cop instantly negates that but let's play along here).

You see a guy jaywalking in front of cars as well as cutting through private parking lots at that time of night. Stop him and tell him how it's dangerous and that going through private parking lots may get a concerned citizen to call it in. Or worse, the owner has his property wired and sees it on his feed at home.

Pull out your phone and ask him where he's trying to get to from his job at Cracker Barrel and walk him through the easiest route he can take.

That's the least you can do. Better yet, tell him to hop in the car and you'll drive it for him so he can walk home safely each night after work.

That's being helpful. At the very least ignore him if you don't want to be a decent human being.

But no. Gotta escalate crap and hassle folks.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Just by the language in the video you can see they wanted to F with this guy.

Ok, let's say your a normal human being (though becoming a cop instantly negates that but let's play along here).

You see a guy jaywalking in front of cars as well as cutting through private parking lots at that time of night. Stop him and tell him how it's dangerous and that going through private parking lots may get a concerned citizen to call it in. Or worse, the owner has his property wired and sees it on his feed at home.

Pull out your phone and ask him where he's trying to get to from his job at Cracker Barrel and walk him through the easiest route he can take.

That's the least you can do. Better yet, tell him to hop in the car and you'll drive it for him so he can walk home safely each night after work.

That's being helpful. At the very least ignore him if you don't want to be a decent human being.

But no. Gotta escalate crap and hassle folks.
These kinds of sickos aren't in uniform to serve. They wanted a gun and a badge because they have little man syndrome.

They were either picked on in school or they were the bullies. Either way they shouldn't be armed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies