Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 08:27 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No it is not. I wanted to add further supporting facts to show that we have a very real problem of police brutality in our country.
I don't think there is a huge problem, you have a handful of bad cops and they need to be weeded out.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
How do these sick eff's get on a police force in the first place? Being hired should involve major background checks into history, character, and psychological testing that is then repeated annually.

Can't wait until the usual suspects weigh in with their brilliant posts of 'he should have complied' and 'obviously there's more to the story'.
No doubt the police abused their power, but in their defense, he did resist and run when asked to put his hands behind his back, a sure way to get your azz kicked.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
BLM and Colin Kaepernick should be encouraging people from the black community to step forward and become police officers to keep the peace in their own neighborhoods... instead of always criticizing white police officers. Police yourselves instead!!!
Believe me, the same thing would happen with black officers, resist and run.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I don't think there is a huge problem, you have a handful of bad cops and they need to be weeded out.
How many years have people even saying that? With the amount of cell phones footage and now body cams, it seems to be confirming what a lot of people, especially people of color, have been saying for years. It seems there are some departments that simply play by their own rules, serving and protecting be damned. Some are no more that revenue makers with no desire to be part of the community they serve.

Also, officers that do not speak out about the sometimes criminal behaviors of their fellow officers are bad apples.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:21 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, he doesn’t obey the police in spite of being told several times, and then he resists and runs and continues to resist.

I’m supposed to feel sympathy for such an individual? I don't think so. I would want him off the streets.
Exactly. The fake news media never tells you the full story, like he RAN from the police. If you resist arrest and run from the police then I have no sympathy for you. Why was this fact left from the description?

Old 03-19-2018, 03:19 AM

834 posts, read 528,874 times
The consequence one should expect for running from police is being arrested, not beaten.

Rush's "crimes" by the way were so large that even with video footage, he was not charged with anything.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:44 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post
The consequence one should expect for running from police is being arrested, not beaten.

Rush's "crimes" by the way were so large that even with video footage, he was not charged with anything.
Half of America, the half who voted for our current president, would disagree. If you run from the police, expect to be hit with a stun gun and/or beaten. I'm fine with it. IN fact, I think it should be a requirement!

Old 03-19-2018, 06:45 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
No doubt the police abused their power, but in their defense, he did resist and run when asked to put his hands behind his back, a sure way to get your azz kicked.

Dark parking lot. Belligerent cop.

He was going to get his butt kicked anyway. He knew that.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
How many years have people even saying that? With the amount of cell phones footage and now body cams, it seems to be confirming what a lot of people, especially people of color, have been saying for years. It seems there are some departments that simply play by their own rules, serving and protecting be damned. Some are no more that revenue makers with no desire to be part of the community they serve.

Also, officers that do not speak out about the sometimes criminal behaviors of their fellow officers are bad apples.

Decades.

Quote:

I don't care that this guy tried to resist - these thugs with guns don't have a right to do what they did. Once they can safely restrain him - they're supposed to do that, put him in the car, and drive away. Anything more than that is an abuse of power and an obvious indication they're too flipping nuts to do the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies