Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 05:33 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Kobe Bryant gets accused of rape and wins an Oscar!

That's a real #metoo moment!

Ryan Seacrest interviews the actors on the red carpet!

Ryan is accused of inappropriate touching, another#metoo, liberals don't care moment!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...nimated-short/
yeah, but he was accused and not proven guilty...that's the thing, I could say you raped me, but unless it's proven, I mean, like how can people fire them?

Same with Ryan?

Old 03-05-2018, 05:34 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Apparently homosexual acts between consenting adults are sexually deviant to the right. But a man in his 30s assaulting teenage girls and a man in his 60s bragging about grabbing women by the genitals without their consent are the best of America and deserve to be senators and presidents.

Interesting values you guys have.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:34 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I am a massive movie fan of many decades standing........ back to when I was a kid in the early 60s. Even then, the glamorous side of Hollywood was on the decline to an extent. I watched the rise of dozens of famous movie stars like Clint Eastwood. I well remember running down the street after seeing his performance in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, amazed by what I had seen, and heard of course, with the great music in that film.

I lived through a second movie Golden Age in the 70s. Lots of great movies, with fantastic stories, films like The Godfather, Taxi Driver, Close Encounters, Outlaw Josey Wales, A Clockwork Orange, Chinatown, and many more.

It continued through the eighties, with movies like Blade Runner, Raging Bull, The Natural, ET, Aliens, Raiders of the Lost Ark.......

So many great movie stars of those times like Paul Newman, Barbara Streisand, Robert Redford, Dustin Hoffman, Jane Fonda, Marlon Brando, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, Al Pacino, Robert de Niro, Goldie Hawn, and the craggy faced, but always watchable Walter Matthau.

It started to decline sometime in the nineties. There were a few interesting new stars like the great Tom Hanks. Tom Cruise continued his rise, with mainly popcorn films, quickly forgotten. Taking us to where we are now, with him remaining one of the biggest stars around.

Now, for me, we have few real stars. The films are in the main loud action movies, costing a fortune, then quickly forgotten. Batman vs Superman any one? So yes, Hollywood is dying, and is a twitching corpse. Oh, there is some great television being made. I loved Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad. This is where the real interesting stories are being told nowadays.

But the movies? Movie stars as we knew them? Nope, sorry, for me, it's dying. In 1980, you could run 20 names off of box office movie stars in seconds. Who can open a movie today, on name alone? For many decades starting with the coming of Charlie Chaplin, there were stars who folks would turn out just to see them. It continued for many decades into the Golden Age, and beyond. Not any more. Movies now are pushed as genre films for the kiddies. Like all these stupid super hero films. Lots of noise, special effects, and no real story at all. These are in the main, sad days for fans of real story telling. Most of that is to be found on the much smaller screen at home.

There isn't much that will entice me out to a movie house nowadays. I did go see Blade Runner 2049, and enjoyed that. For someone like me, who spent countless hours in movie houses, these are sad movie making days. The main audience is kids, and movies are made, in the main, for them. That's the way it is, and I accept it. Their attention span is short, so they get movies that don't need much concentration. Such films are of no interest to me.

LOL, looks like you and I are on the same wave length, and your right.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-05-2018 at 06:10 AM..

Old 03-05-2018, 05:38 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
He also called the audience, "Godless liberal elites." LMFAO

Old 03-05-2018, 05:45 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This dude here ^^^^!

LMAO...mentioning “white woman” like that’s something special or some major important detail.

Please...after a game, he had 50 of those in groupie form BEGGING him to take their phone numbers and all of ‘em were 10’s.
I saw that too. I heard he was handing out condoms and neck braces for his next victim, I mean partner.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:46 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Apparently homosexual acts between consenting adults are sexually deviant to the right. But a man in his 30s assaulting teenage girls and a man in his 60s bragging about grabbing women by the genitals without their consent are the best of America and deserve to be senators and presidents.

Interesting values you guys have.
Producer Dan Schneider isn't in his 30s anymore but rumors said he assaulted teenage girls too.

And you forgot to mention Al Franken who grabbed woman litteraly.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Producer Dan Schneider isn't in his 30s anymore but rumors said he assaulted teenage girls too.

And you forgot to mention Al Franken who grabbed woman litteraly.
I don't remember anyone defending Dan Schneider. Many people called for Franken's resignation.

Literally.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:58 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,772 times
Nothing new. Roman Polanski won an Oscar too.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:59 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Wait, what? Where's this "emotional response" I'm alleged to have made?

Oh, I dunno...

Quote:
I don't watch the Oscars anymore, but was just reading some of the coverage, and being amazed how their agenda is so overt these days. These Chaos Masters are not even really trying to conceal their subversive nature anymore.

The "this is a joke, but its not really a joke" moment came during Kimmel's monologue when he said, "We don’t make films like Call Me by Your Name for the money. We make them to upset Mike Pence.”

What this "kidding not kidding" quip reveals is the Homosexual Lobby's agenda to promote their alternative lifestyles as being equal to normal ones. A desire that comes not from a quest for personal freedom, but for an irrational and aggressive desire for control over the thoughts and opinions of other people.

The "Love that dare not speak its name" has become the "love that won't shut up".

And Kimmel wants to make it clear that this is the only reason these films really exist. It isn't because the public has an appetite for them. There was really no untapped market for The Crying Game, Philadelphia, Brokeback Mountain, nor Call Me By Your Name, which from reading a few book reviews, is far more sick and twisted in its degree of perversion and fetishes than the mainstream erotic films that the movie-watching public, which is 90% heterosexual, actually did crave, such as Last Tango in Paris, 9 1/2 weeks, Eyes Wide Shut, or Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades sold more than 140 million copies worldwide).

By comparison, the book on which Call Me By Your Name is based, of the same title, has sold less than 35,000 copies.

The sales data alone demonstrates that there is literally no market for the movie. Most books that only sell in the five figures will never get a second publication, let alone turned into a movie. Its something the publisher will lose money on. The truth is because there are so few LGBTQ people, as a percentage of the population, there really is no viable market for "Gay Literature". Its a niche, and it will always be a niche, because 90%+ of the reading population is straight.

"The q----- are coming! The q----- are coming!"

Quote:
Anyway, I just thought how bizarre it is to see Skinny Kimmel actually tell the truth about something. I gotta say I liked him better fat. When he had the Juggies and seemed like a cool dude. Guess THAT was the act, and this taunting ghoul is the REAL one.
Juggies...had no idea what that was, until I looked it up. I wish I hadn't. Though on the other hand, I'm glad I did. They were part of something called The Man Show. Here is the synopsis of one of the episodes "Elevator Full of Juggies"

Quote:
Segments include the juggies teasing people in an elevator and a preview of a fake sitcom starring Jimmy as Adam's [member]
Yeah, that's real cool, phantom.

And you dare to call someone me a pervert. I'm celibate, sir, and am quite happy that way. Sexually I am without a doubt more pure than you are. Yes, I am a sinner, as are you. But I do my utmost to live a life reflective of my faith. But I'm the deviant. Right. Simply because my orientation is different than yours. You're a damned hypocrite, phantom.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:01 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,772 times
Sexual deviant? Is this the Roy Moore thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies