Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 04:46 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
In your experience? Can you explain how much experience you have with white people stealing stuff?
Lots where I live. Nearly every white girl I knew growing up stole stuff from the mall every week.

That said, I wouldn't punish all white girls who come into a store by making them pay up front for whatever they were thinking of buying.

I've also worked retail when I was younger and white teen girls and women shop lifted the most.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:54 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That actually brings up a very good point. Why aren't there more Black-owned businesses in those very same Black neighborhoods? A BIG reason Blacks are disproportionately unable to grow their wealth is because so very few are entrepreneurial. It didn't used to be that way. Before Black vs. White business communities were considered "separate but equal" and consequently, "the devil," plenty of prominent entrepreneurial Black business owners and professionals absolutely thrived.

Now, they're just put down and called 'Uncle Toms' for... "acting white."
Most black entrepreneurs do not open brick and mortar stores today because of the cost and overhead. Black businesses have grown more than any other sector of businesses and black people have always been entrepreneurial in America. Will note that you are incorrect if you believe there were more black businesses during the segregation era than today, contrary to what many of the memes and youtube videos tell you, in the past the Jews and other non-black groups also were the majority of shop keepers in poorer black neighborhoods. Also today black Americans focus more on opening businesses in richer neighborhoods so they can make more money. I know quite a few black entrepreneurs and most of them are either restauranteurs, cosmetologists/nail techs/makeup artists, general contractors/construction/trades, or childcare/daycare/private school in regards to brick and mortar businesses. Over 80% of them are in majority white neighborhoods in regards to the restaurants, beauty shops, and daycares/schools so that they can enjoy more profits based on a diverse clientele.

Note, I don't think Chinese people working in restaurants in black neighborhoods make a lot of money. I think Chinese people who own restaurants in majority wealthier neighborhoods, no matter the ethnic makeup make the most money. I understand other posts saying rents are lower in poor black neighborhoods, but as an entrepreneur, taking on that risks is not always a good idea IMO. Note, my husband owns a business and I owned a business as well (consulting business) when we lived down south. Lots of black people are entrepreneurial. Lots of us also know our rights and will sue the crap out of a restaurant like the one in OP.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:05 PM

132 posts, read 122,539 times
Couldn't pay me to eat at a Chinese restaurant. The food is awful and the Chinese people are just too untrustworthy. Hopefully, those students have learned to stay away from places like that. Those people don't deserve your money.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:23 PM

88,979 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You went from making little sense....to making absolutely zero sense.
Actually, what I posted makes total sense. The only things changed in my example were the color of the people's skin and the verbs.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I work for one of the largest retailers in the nation and in this industry, companies share internals for thefts. Black people are not the ones stealing the most .

Your friends' businesses are exceptions , not the rule
Nor should they be. They only account for 15% of our population. Are they only 15% or less of the people caught stealing? I can't tell you who does the most shop lifting or dine and dash. You look up crime stats and it's obvious by percentages, which group is most likely to be caught breaking the law.

People judge. All people judge. Liberals judge conservatives to be red neck racists who hate poor people. Read the many posts by liberals on this forum. When 1 group represents the highest crimes they become suspect. Hey blame the idiots who insist upon living the stereotype. Now I don't know any black criminals. The blacks I know are stand up folks. Then again I don't hang out in low income neighborhoods. You hang out there and I don't care what the race is you have criminals and drug problems. Trash is trash and color doesn't dictate who is trash, actions do.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
Couldn't pay me to eat at a Chinese restaurant. The food is awful and the Chinese people are just too untrustworthy. Hopefully, those students have learned to stay away from places like that. Those people don't deserve your money.
I agree with the bold. Don't shop or eat where you know you are not wanted, don't reward those who mistreat you. I would add, and smack the hell out of idiots who insist on living the stereo type that makes us all look bad.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:01 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
And you are just as racist as they guy who demanded upfront payment.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:02 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No doubt, but whites are not allowed to have their homelands for some bizarre reason.
Not to nit pick but white people aren't any more native to North America than black people are. (Although we did find it first and steal from the Indians fair and square.)

Old 03-05-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
And you are just as racist as they guy who demanded upfront payment.
Or
In their experience that is what they have seen and experienced. I myself have no issue with Chinese food or restaurants. I do hate flying with mainlanders though. Rude, rules are for everyone else, slobs on a plane and think that they can take any seat that they want to. This is my experience over the last 30+ years of traveling to and from Asia. Never had a problem with any other asian group.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:11 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
This thread is conclusive proof that nobody can use the term "Racist" properly online. Or at least, whiny snowflakes (ie libs/progs) cannot manage it.

There is no such thing as a "racist" policy. There might be policies that involve racial profiling, such as this one, but that does not equal "Racism". These types of things employ useful stereotypes (ie, ones that have predictive value), and therefore are not racist.
It's true. Ghetto/trashy people just use it as their little shroud of protection when they need some cover for when they act like uncivilized animals. It's a neat little trick protected classes of crybabies use when they're busy probably being horrible people. Black people scream "rasis!" Jews scream "anti-Semite!" Women scream "miso-guy-nist!" These are all just children throwing temper tantrums when they aren't getting their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies