Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 04:07 PM

19 posts, read 9,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It should be the owner's right to ask for payment up front to anyone he wants.

The story goes on...

If he's noticing a trend in the folks who dine and dash then isn't this simply him adjusting his business model?

Yes, the article mentions the fiction that is Title II of the 1964 Civil Rights Act which prohibits restaurants from discrimination based on race but even if we take it into account (despite it being fiction as noted) he only makes certain customers pay up front and not all of them are black then that should squash the notion it's race-based discrimination.

Whatever the case why would anyone want to eat there anyway if they are so offended by the policies?

Black customers allege discrimination at Boardman restaurant | vindy.com

This should be a non issue. The best way to deal with a racist business is to boycott them. Don't buy their services. At the end of the day, money talks.

Besides, most Chinese (Americanized) food is very bad. It's loaded with sodium and gmo products.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
If only I had time to video record it all , then what I have seen not just on public transport, but everywhere in terms of black peoples behavior toward Asians would be an eye opener in terms of sheer violence and abuse shown by one race toward another. The most memorable being on the J line going toward Stonestown on a midweek night. There we had two Asian female students in their 20's sitting there just minding their own business. Before ya know it a group of maybe 3 or 4 black single mothers with their kids come into the train car. After a couple of minutes , saw it with my own eyes, one of the mothers sends her 4 or 5 yo kid down to ask the Asian girls for some money. They politely decline and return to texting or whatever they were doing on their smartphones at the time. So, the young kid goes back to the mother at the other end of the train car tells her what happened and there is a brief discussion among the mothers. Whereupon two of the women leave their seats and proceed to confront the Asian girls over what happened. In any event, it took just under a minute before the two black girls begin to lose it in a most sickening manner begin to throw haymakers and and kick the two much smaller Asian students until one of them was practically unconscious. In a flash the black mothers waited for the next stop and all disembarked together. There was a police car and ambulance at the next stop and took the injured Asian girls into their care.

I have to say it , in all my life I have never witnessed such outright and wanton savagery. Never before and quite honestly, I can understand why more and more Asians are becoming even more cautious than usual around black people.

Lastly, a little known fact not too many actually know about. Here in San Francisco, the only task force still in existence to this day focused on improving inter entho group relations is for Asians and blacks. Just such opposites and those opposites don't always attract it must be said.
If such an incident happened, there would be some sort of news coverage. If you can't post any news coverage and there are no videos on social media.. 9 times out of 10, it never happened.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:11 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia2432 View Post
This should be a non issue. The best way to deal with a racist business is to boycott them. Don't buy their services. At the end of the day, money talks.

Besides, most Chinese (Americanized) food is very bad. It's loaded with sodium and gmo products.
I don't disagree with this, but American soul food is very unhealthy also... fried chicken, overcooked collard greens, grits, biscuits and gravy...

Old 03-04-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't disagree with this, but American soul food is very unhealthy also... fried chicken, overcooked collard greens, grits, biscuits and gravy...
Well, that's one type of "soul" food but there are many other variations that can be quite healthy. For example, collard greens are a staple soul food item. When the greens are organic and not over cooked with a little sea salt and olive oil, it's one of the most healthiest dishes that one can make..

When collards are paired with fresh (hormone free) baked chicken or baked wild caught fish, baked sweet potatoes, and a hearty helping of organic spinach, raisin and carrot salad.. you have a wonderful healthy "soul" food meal.

I love being healthy. I seriously don't understand why people continue to eat foods that make them sick.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:17 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Nightmarishly racist, why on earth would the Restaurant do something so awful?!??!?!!?!?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia2432 View Post

The liberal mindset protects racists.

I'm happy this guy spoke his mind and the more he's able to promote his own business model the more I, as well as others, can decide to dine there or not.

I personally don't like what he did...is actively doing...but it's a great thing that he is able to do it. I work hard for my money. I want to know as much as possible about the products/services I'm considering for purchase.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:20 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Nightmarishly racist, why on earth would the Restaurant do something so awful?!??!?!!?!?
Nightmarishly and awful? Drama queen aren’t we?

How exactly is this nightmarish and awful? Anyone getting hurt here? Anyone losing their lives here? Oh, it’s just that some people are asked to pay upfront and perhaps some feelings are hurt? Is that suppose to be “nightmarish and awful?”

Snowflake Leftists and their political correctness.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:23 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Hmm, that's nice. meanwhile, Jeff Sessions rolled back the restrictions on police search and seizure of assets without due process enacted by Holder a couple years ago. But who needs the 4th amendment (or any of the others) when you have the 2nd, right?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The liberal mindset protects racists.

I'm happy this guy spoke his mind and the more he's able to promote his own business model the more I, as well as others, can decide to dine there or not.

I personally don't like what he did...is actively doing...but it's a great thing that he is able to do it. I work hard for my money. I want to know as much as possible about the products/services I'm considering for purchase.
He is able to do it, because people continue to support his business, despite his actions. If more people stopped purchasing from him, he would be out of business in no time. It's really that simple.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:26 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
The Chinese restaurant just needs to have every customer prepay. But honestly, I don't think that they've done anything horrible so far.

And for any true change in attitude to occur, imo those black college students should have some sympathy for the owners of that Chinese restaurant and condemn publicly anyone that skips out on their restaurant bill... and accept the fact that very possibly only blacks have done this to the restaurant, not any whites or Asians.

Instead of focusing on race and skin colour, focus on the fact that there have been others who have skipped out on their bill with that restaurant. Stop playing the race card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies