Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 09:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter why you want to own something. It only matters that you do not infringe on the rights of others by doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 09:36 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
All of these "projections" It tells more about you than us...why do you care why we like guns?
Oh, yeah...to save the children, right? Well why not start at the top killers rather than the eight and tenth...it's because it's all a lie. You don't care about children. You only care to get Patriots out of the way of you making the US into another Venezuela.

What you seem to be blind to is the reality that a majority of the military and police are against you!

Old 03-04-2018, 09:39 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Where are these "militias"? Are they already in existence or will they just form when needed ? Do they have regular meetings and how are their leaders elected ?
Why don't you visit your local one and satisfy your curiousity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why do people want Ferraris, Lotuses, Porsches, etc., when a Honda will get them from point A to B?
Why can't people mind their own business, basically. It doesn't have anything to do with the real world of what the items are used for or why people want them. That's just rhetoric they are using to justify their aggression. I have found liberals are unhappy when they are not exerting the force/violence of the State on their fellow man. That is why the constant demands to regulate and censor. Gun control is just about control. It doesn't actually have anything to do with what real people might want or need...its all about what THEY think other people SHOULD have. (or SHOULD NOT have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It doesn't matter why you want to own something. It only matters that you do not infringe on the rights of others by doing so.
Correct. It isn't called the Bill of Needs.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:42 PM

426 posts, read 334,268 times
AR-15 platform rifles are among the most popular firearms being sold. They are today’s modern sporting rifle.
The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed them in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”
AR-15 style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic - a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.
AR-15 style rifles look like military rifles such as the M16 but function like other semi-automatic civilian sporting firearms, firing only ONE round with each pull of the trigger.
If someone calls an AR-15 style rifle an “assault weapon,” he or she either supports banning these firearms or does not understand their function and sporting use, or both. Please correct them. “Assault weapon” is a political term created by California anti-gun legislators to ban some semi-automatic rifles there in the 1980s.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:43 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because many of those who feel the need to purchase an AR-15 feel powerless, and owning one of these gives them an imaginary sense of power. That's really what its all about, the feeling of power they get from lovingly caressing their AR-15.
The coolest thing for hoplophobes is that they get cable in their Mom's basement and don't have to go outside now that they have uber eats.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Two of the many political subjects that Plato and Aristotle wrote about were tyranny and the rule of law. Tyranny occurs when absolute power is granted to a ruler. In a tyrannical government, the ruler becomes corrupt and uses his power to further his own interests instead of working for the common good. The rule of law is the principle that no one is exempt from the law, even those who are in a position of power. The rule of law can serve as a safeguard against tyranny, because just laws ensure that rulers do not become corrupt.

Aristotle held views similar to Plato’s about the dangers of democracy and oligarchy. He feared that both pitted the rich against the poor. But he recognized that these types of governments took many forms. The worst were those without the rule of law. In democracies without law, demagogues (leaders appealing to emotions) took over.

BRIA 26 1 Plato and Aristotle on Tyranny and the Rule of Law - Constitutional Rights Foundation

Old 03-04-2018, 09:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The coolest thing for hoplophobes is that they get cable in their Mom's basement and don't have to go outside now that they have uber eats.
But have you noticed that these people, the most vehemently opposed to guns tend to sexualize them? Have you noticed the fetishization that infects their rhetoric?

-anthropomorphisms such as "lovingly caress"
-sexualizing gun owners - saying they are "ammosexuals" or are "compensating"
-phallic imagery or comparisons

Its a fascinating pathology.

It makes me wonder if it is actually about guns at all.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:55 PM

When . . . the rulers have great wealth and numerous friends, this sort of family despotism approaches a monarchy; individuals rule and not the law. This is the fourth sort of oligarchy, and is analogous to the last sort of democracy.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:56 PM

Under the guise of protecting us from ourselves, the right and the left are becoming ever more aggressive in regulating behavior.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/g...cgovern_462627

Old 03-04-2018, 09:59 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Little man syndrome?
And what if a 'gril' I know of has one?

Actually, I've always preferred revolvers, but it's kind of fun to shoot the 'big guns' too. And it's even funner when I shoot better than the guys thought I could.

When I was young and single, moving out on my own for the first time (back in the day before electronic security) my dad gave me choice of his handguns. He also gave me thorough training and I so felt quite comfortable with the .22 magnum that I chose. I 'slept with it' - lol.

Now, hubbin and I have numerous guns. He hunts and we target shoot several times a year. No big deal. Just 'assets' to have and enjoy - or for other uses, if needed. That's it. Pretty simple really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies