Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 10:02 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But have you noticed that these people, the most vehemently opposed to guns tend to sexualize them? Have you noticed the fetishization that infects their rhetoric?

-anthropomorphisms such as "lovingly caress"
-sexualizing gun owners - saying they are "ammosexuals" or are "compensating"
-phallic imagery or comparisons

Its a fascinating pathology.

It makes me wonder if it is actually about guns at all.
I've noticed this too!

it seems that they are verbalizing their sexual fantasies of either BEING an Alpha or being WITH an Alpha...maybe both.

Either way, what they don't seem to realize is that in the big picture, they are the useful idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 10:24 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Where are these "militias"? Are they already in existence or will they just form when needed ? Do they have regular meetings and how are their leaders elected ?

A careful reading of the Constitution leads one to realize that the people and the militia are one and the same.

Last edited by momonkey; 03-04-2018 at 10:33 PM..

Old 03-04-2018, 11:27 PM

10,348 posts, read 8,567,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manterro View Post
AR-15 platform rifles are among the most popular firearms being sold. They are today’s modern sporting rifle.
The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed them in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”
AR-15 style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic - a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.
AR-15 style rifles look like military rifles such as the M16 but function like other semi-automatic civilian sporting firearms, firing only ONE round with each pull of the trigger.
If someone calls an AR-15 style rifle an “assault weapon,” he or she either supports banning these firearms or does not understand their function and sporting use, or both. Please correct them. “Assault weapon” is a political term created by California anti-gun legislators to ban some semi-automatic rifles there in the 1980s.
The correction has been made a ton of times, at least once on every gun thread. The anti gunners pretty much ignore it.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:50 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
Quote:
But have you noticed that these people, the most vehemently opposed to guns tend to sexualize them? Have you noticed the fetishization that infects their rhetoric?

Yeah, yeah, I always wondered why they refer to them as gun nuts, now I know why

Old 03-04-2018, 11:54 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
what did a gun ever do to you? unless you were shot before, where does the unwarranted fear come from?

banning guns because you are afraid of them? how is this different than banned black people because you think they are all thugs?

Old 03-05-2018, 02:12 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Well, in view to what he said in the video, for me, it's a rifle that can be brought to the ready in under a minute.

Till then, however, it's just another bag of equipment in the back of the Forester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
And what if a 'gril' I know of has one?

Actually, I've always preferred revolvers, but it's kind of fun to shoot the 'big guns' too. And it's even funner when I shoot better than the guys thought I could.

When I was young and single, moving out on my own for the first time (back in the day before electronic security) my dad gave me choice of his handguns. He also gave me thorough training and I so felt quite comfortable with the .22 magnum that I chose. I 'slept with it' - lol.

Now, hubbin and I have numerous guns. He hunts and we target shoot several times a year. No big deal. Just 'assets' to have and enjoy - or for other uses, if needed. That's it. Pretty simple really.
The movies and TV shows that one watches can, for the lines that are picked up upon, reinforce how one might feel.

"In or out of the cockpit, I'm still the best shot you've got." -- Starbuck (the Kara version)

"Some of the best KGB shots are women." -- Defecting KGB general, "The Living Daylights"

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-05-2018 at 02:24 AM..

Old 03-05-2018, 04:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
I want therefore I need.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:06 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,847 times
They're called ammosexuals. They fetishize weapons.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:21 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The point is not militias. The point the speaker was making is that asking why people need an AR-15 is the wrong question, as "need" doesn't have to be demonstrated. Why people want an AR-15 is what should be asked.

And as he said, they want it because it's a great gun.

Isn't amazing the amount of time Liberals spend on the concept of "need"?

The ultimate Red Herring.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:46 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:

Yes, Ive often noticed this. It seems very common. I generally just brush it off as another disgusting person in the world, but your take is intriguing .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies