Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 06:04 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

trust wapo to find the looniest of sjw's to write opinion columns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.683719472d80
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 06:14 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,840 times
I read the article. I'd say there's some truth to gun culture being linked with keeping white men on top, but probably not to the extent that the author thinks.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
trust wapo to find the looniest of sjw's to write opinion columns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.683719472d80
It is rooted in the Constitution, that oppressive bullies will meet God.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I read the article. I'd say there's some truth to gun culture being linked with keeping white men on top, but probably not to the extent that the author thinks.
When New York aborts more black babies than were born by a long shot, what is really keeping the black man down, when numbers matter in the voice you have?

Blacks outnumbered whites in the south 3 to one, until the mid 50's.
At the end of the civil war, there were 5 black people to every 1 white person.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:31 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Worse, SJWs are becoming anti-intellectual. There is a deep Maoist sentiment that guides their "thinking".

From Hot Air -

"Friday, President George Bridges of Evergreen State College sent an email to “colleagues” about a recent incident of graffiti on campus. The full email was published by former Evergreen Professor Bret Weinstein on Twitter (see below). The email reads in part:"

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/...ite-supremacy/

Old 03-10-2018, 06:43 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
I tend to agree. Certainly, in our country's early history, as the author points out, there was no question but that only white men would bear arms: both (as the article notes) to keep black slaves in check, but also due to problems with the British, whom did not like losing their colony.

It was discussed (at least by me) in a similar thread, how in 1968, a Black Panther group descended upon the California state house, bearing guns, to protest something or another. Said gentlemen were arrested, only to have it discovered that, hey! there was no law against open carry in California.

The NRA and the California legislature sprang into action. Now, they realized that they could not pass a bill saying 'black men cannot openly carry arms', so they had to make it a general ban, which Governor Reagan signed into law.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nr...pen-carry-ban/

For those that do not like Snopes, plenty of other articles on the web. It is called the Mulford Act, after the Republican politician whom introduced the bill.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:04 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It was discussed (at least by me) in a similar thread, how in 1968, a Black Panther group descended upon the California state house, bearing guns, to protest something or another. Said gentlemen were arrested, only to have it discovered that, hey! there was no law against open carry in California.

The NRA and the California legislature sprang into action. Now, they realized that they could not pass a bill saying 'black men cannot openly carry arms', so they had to make it a general ban, which Governor Reagan signed into law.
You realize this anecdote does not support the premise that "gun rights are about keeping white men on top". Just the opposite, it leads to the conclusion that gun control is about keeping the black man down.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:30 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Condi Rice would say the opposite.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:43 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
I'll read the article later. I'm currently washing my p-ussy hat and vacuuming my safe space. Have to be fully prepared for when I read what the white devil is doing now to oppress us darkies.

* raises fist in air

Old 03-10-2018, 02:44 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,609 times
South Chicago is the perfect example of white supremacist misuse of guns.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies