Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 08:27 AM

128 posts, read 97,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
You are just asking for trouble. In todays and tomorrows political climate your car is going to stand out for a nice dose of vandalism. If they don't key it or throw a brick through the window, they may pick your tires.
What exactly is a "nice" dose of vandalism? You almost make it sound as if you're condoning such behavior. You've obviously contemplated various techniques to damage someone's car, even if only in your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 08:31 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
You are just asking for trouble. In todays and tomorrows political climate your car is going to stand out for a nice dose of vandalism. If they don't key it or throw a brick through the window, they may pick your tires.
So ridiculous. I walk past a vehicle with an NRA sticker every day in my neighborhood. And even though I'm one of those scaaaaary mean liberals, it never occurred me to vandalize the truck. And the people who live across the street from the NRA member are very active in the local Democratic party, but pose no threat to our NRA-member neighbor.

Stop with the fear-mongering divisiveness already.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:25 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Suggesting most Trump supporters are knuckle dragging, rednecks as they drive trucks, right? You suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome, and the fact that you want to vandalize someone else's property tells me a lot about you, and your kind. Truly despicable.

I don't put anything on my car, and I never thought about ripping an Obama/Biden, or Hillary sticker off a car, OR TRUCK. Often they were on large, gas guzzling SUV's. Ironic, huh?
Perhaps not, but haven't you ever had an impulse, however brief, that you had to squelch, to do something you knew was wrong? Just for a second? Ever?

If you have not, I'm quite impressed. I have, and I'm generally a pretty nice person, in spite of my evil liberal politics.

As for the thing about trucks, I dunno...I live in Trump country, and trucks are popular here. Doesn't really say anything about the person driving them, other than the fact that they like trucks. They are very useful, although I would probably prefer a SUV, simply because most of the time when I want to haul something, I want it protected from rain, wind, and other elements - pets, groceries, etc.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:45 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
No.

But then again, I don't put stickers on my cars to begin with.

I left my "I brake for unicorns" days back in college, long before I started doing intelligence work. Now, I maintain a very low key about everything.

Old 03-07-2018, 03:42 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
No.

But then again, I don't put stickers on my cars to begin with.

I left my "I brake for unicorns" days back in college, long before I started doing intelligence work. Now, I maintain a very low key about everything.
"I brake for unicorns" made me smile. Honestly, the only bumper sticker I have ever seen that I really want said "I brake for tailgaters." I would still like to have that one.

Old 03-07-2018, 03:48 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
If people were honest and would see what the NRA has done for rights, especially blacks during the KKK days, maybe they would back off. Planned Parenthood on the other hand, was made to eliminate unwanted black babies. That was their original intent. Its written history people, be honest and read it. Eugenics via PP

Old 03-07-2018, 05:51 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
If you are THIS afraid, maybe you should get a gun!

Old 03-07-2018, 06:16 AM

776 posts, read 956,118 times
About NRA emblems on vehicles..

The Canadian Border Security Agency training college makes the point that vehicles coming into Canada, that have NRA or USMC decals are "more likely " to have firearms on board. Officers are taught to be more skeptical about the verbal responses from American travellers, in such a situation.

Despite the long standing regulation here about " all weapons must be declared at the port of entry " the CBSA seizes hundreds of firearms each year . It seems that some Americans don't understand the fact that their second amendment rights end when they leave their country.

XX.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:26 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
About NRA emblems on vehicles..

The Canadian Border Security Agency training college makes the point that vehicles coming into Canada, that have NRA or USMC decals are "more likely " to have firearms on board. Officers are taught to be more skeptical about the verbal responses from American travellers, in such a situation.

Despite the long standing regulation here about " all weapons must be declared at the port of entry " the CBSA seizes hundreds of firearms each year . It seems that some Americans don't understand the fact that their second amendment rights end when they leave their country.

XX.
They have to be taught that? That's like saying vehicles with Bob Marley decals may be more susceptible to having weed in their vehicles.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:46 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
The Liberals today have become very violent against those who don't agree with them.

At this time I'm starting to think that I need to look over my shoulder as I enter my church for services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies