Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 09:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
If I quote 100 positive reports about cannabis from Herb.Com, will you agree with them?

I didn't think so, that is why I didn't quote any. So are you willing to admit you pick and choose your "research" based on your agenda?
I simply picked an article from Herb.Com to support the point I made, which you disagreed with. I was right, and you were wrong. Everyone knows about the pot induced panic attacks, so I don't know why you even tried to deny their existence, or call is "very rare".

Old 03-06-2018, 09:38 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Could this explain the school shootings?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...#ixzz58vigERyq

High THC has long been known to be toxic to vulnerable groups, and for some reason, teenage boys may have psychotic breaks as a result. This has been suspected by medical doctors for many years, and now we know experimentally that pure (synthetic) THC is certainly psycho-toxic to vulnerable people.
man, ain't no kid smoking good THC and getting up to do anything besides eat some chips and play some music or video games.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
it's also obvious Finn wants to smoke some tree's because no one is this obsessed with weed unless they want some of it.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:42 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
I simply picked an article from Herb.Com to support the point I made, which you disagreed with. I was right, and you were wrong. Everyone knows about the pot induced panic attacks, so I don't know why you even tried to deny their existence, or call is "very rare".
Please don't twist my words.

You said, and I quote:

Quote:
You can read up a little. Some people smoke pot, and soon their heart pounding, and in their mind they think they are going to die, and call an ambulance to save their lives. This is NOT uncommon.
I called you out on that because it is EXTREMELY uncommon. The only times people call ambulances is when they consumed too much edibles or were using synthetic pot. So your statement is FALSE. People can experience anxiety, of course, I never denied that. But when using cannabis in its natural form, calling of ambulances is EXTREMELY RARE.

Besides, your deflection won't work. Either Herb.Com is a credible source or it isn't. You can't have it both ways. If you are going to quote them, you darn well better believe in them or your credibility just went out the window...

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
man, ain't no kid smoking good THC and getting up to do anything besides eat some chips and play some music or video games.
No one argues he was stoned when he committed the shooting. The point is that his brain might have been altered by intake the psycho-toxins. They should look into it.

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times
Definitely not the same as a few generations ago.. People been GMOing it for some time now to make it more potent in THC.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:49 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Could this explain the school shootings?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...#ixzz58vigERyq

High THC has long been known to be toxic to vulnerable groups, and for some reason, teenage boys may have psychotic breaks as a result. This has been suspected by medical doctors for many years, and now we know experimentally that pure (synthetic) THC is certainly psycho-toxic to vulnerable people.
I'm having a bit of trouble taking the Reefer Madness mentality seriously. The only thing that I see the chronic use of weed doing is making what could be a productive worker useless. If the average marijuana user has no intention of going out, the only thing that is in danger is the dozen White Castle murder burgers in the freezer.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:56 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
As somebody familiar with both marijuana and SSRIs like Lexipro, I can tell you that marijuana does NOT in any way induce or promote a feeling of wanting to either commit suicide, go shoot a place up, or anything of the sort. SSRIs can do this, however. All the big pharma drugs they get you hooked on for depression are much more likely to induce these feelings. In the end I believe personal development work should replace these drugs and though I don't necessarily believe in "banning" anything based on principle, I think these drugs are overperscribed.

Just another anti-weed person trying to justify their reasoning for banning the drug with more bull. Also, just because something is genetically engineered does not mean it's bad, poison, or anything of the sort. Quite the contrary in fact...genetic engineering can be quite beneficial.

In fact, most produce we have today looks nothing like the produce of the past. We've been doing selective breeding for thousands of years. Google "old pictures of watermelon" to see an example. The gold pineapple is another example.. back when I worked in the produce department as a teen those pineapples were just getting popular and were $5 each while the old style pineapple, the type they still can, was $2. These days you ONLY find the golden variety and the more sour tasting ones simply aren't available fresh anymore.

What difference does it make if it's done over time with selective breeding versus it being done in a lab? One of the great things they've done is to create high oleic varieties of vegetable oils which is good because oleic acid is more shelf stable and better for the body. It's one of the few oils everyone can universally agree on is good for you. I cook with butter or high oleic sunflower oil and use any salad dressing or mayo that is higher in omega 9 and lower in omega 6 which rules out still about 80% of products which use cheap, high omega 6 soybean oil.

People have this assumption that natural is good, but there's plenty of things in nature that can kill you if you ingest them.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:00 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times
Smoking pot, doing pot effects the human body point blank.
If anyone thinks that it does not is in denial.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:02 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Smoking pot, doing pot effects the human body point blank.
If anyone thinks that it does not is in denial.
Very informative. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies