Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 08:49 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not playing the childish politics game.
As many times as you've placed the "racist" card? Please...

Quote:
Again, I take no issue with them receiving reparations on behalf of their ancestors.
Like I said... Go dig up the slave-owners' graves and get it. You realize that will also include Blacks who owned slaves, no? So, how do we know which Blacks are descendants of slaves? Or descendants of slave-owners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 08:42 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
FYI - she is a representative in California and you shouldn't take everything you see on a video as representative of all black people in the country....

She gets re-elected in her district. Not by all black people all over the country. Hopefully you know that the House of Representatives and elections for said representatives are based on a specific geographic area in a specific state and not a national election. I doubt a majority of black Americans even know who Maxine Waters is or what district she represents. Most Americans period don't even know who their own representative is, let alone some black woman representative in a state they don't even live in.

You know more about her probably than I do lol and I'm black! And FWIW I've actually heard her on various black radio stations over the years and main thing I took from her is that she is funny and people call her "Auntie Maxine" on black talk radio. Lately I know she is driving conservatives crazy, which makes me pay more attention to her since if she's driving you crazy she might be speaking about something rational for a change.
The same way they know and care more about Al. Sharpton than the average black person.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As many times as you've placed the "racist" card? Please...

Like I said... Go dig up the slave-owners' graves and get it. You realize that will also include Blacks who owned slaves, no? So, how do we know which Blacks are descendants of slaves? Or descendants of slave-owners?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYbYl6cmQcs

Old 03-09-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Speechless... Graduate of Clark Atlanta University. HBCU. 25%-75% admitted students' test score range: ACT 16-20. US average: ACT 20.8. Maximum ACT score for anyone: 36.

Do we now understand why not all college degrees are equivalent?
Most schools do the SAT in lieu of the ACT. Here in Louisiana the ACT is the primary test. That said, I don't think standardized tests are a fair way of measuring one's knowledge. There are people who do well in classes but not standardized tests and vice versa.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:06 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Most schools do the SAT in lieu of the ACT. Here in Louisiana the ACT is the primary test. That said, I don't think standardized tests are a fair way of measuring one's knowledge. There are people who do well in classes but not standardized tests and vice versa.
Possibly, but an ACT score of 18 (midpoint between the 16-20 range) in high school won't even earn the one the distinction of "work-ready" even without going to college. It also indicates a lack of preparedness for even basic community college classes.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:34 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No one is taking Waters seriously. But to address your post...my ancestors were not enslaved in the U.S. but we’re enslaved. They never received reparations. However, I’m not against African-Americans receiving land or some other form of reparations for their ancestors’ enslavement, displacement and for the effects of Jim Crow. I honestly don’t get why people are so bothered by that. You are not entitled to everything.
How many people do you know who were slaves, how many people do you know whos parents were slaves, and how many people do you know whos grandparents were slaves.

Just who is going to pay for these reparations? The American taxpayer, how many of these Americans own slaves? My ancestors never owned any slaves, so you would charge all of the American taxpayers to pay these reparations when the majority of Americans ancestors never owned slaves.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
I wonder if all the living jews should go to Egypt and demand reparations considering they were slaves well before any black person knew what America (or any other country for that matter) was.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Maxine Waters is a cast iron idiot.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:18 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Maxine Waters is a cast iron idiot.

Word on the street is that Mad Maxine has the IQ of a pet rock.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:50 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Word on the street is that Mad Maxine has the IQ of a pet rock.
That would be a insult to pet rocks.

Maxine Waters have now an entry on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Maxine Waters - Encyclopedia Dramatica
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies