Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 12:56 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,524,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWonderWoman View Post
Ok, grammatical error. Not ALL of their tax dollars, but hey, even $1 a year toward supporting someone who is illegal is $1 too many, right?
No, I personally don't care.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:06 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,523,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What about that illegal that killed that lady, that was deported 5 times (I think) and kept coming back, do you support him?
Are you talking about the person in the Steinle case? I don't know all the details, but I think most people were convinced that he had to be guilty because he was an illegal and the victim was white

Old 03-08-2018, 01:07 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Are you talking about the person in the Steinle case? I don't know all the details, but I think most people were convinced that he had to be guilty because he was an illegal and the victim was white

I think so, so you support him...

Old 03-08-2018, 01:09 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,523,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I think so, so you support him...
Again, I don't know the details of the case, so I support what the jury decided, as they were presented all the evidence from both sides

Old 03-08-2018, 01:12 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Again, I don't know the details of the case, so I support what the jury decided, as they were presented all the evidence from both sides

Forget that he killed someone, he was deported 5 times and came back....

Quote:
José Inez García Zárate (or Juan Francisco López-Sánchez),of Guanajuato, Mexico, is an illegal alien who was deported from the U.S. a total of five times, most recently in 2009. He was on probation in Texas at the time of the shooting. He had seven felony convictions. When he was apprehended, Zarate was listed as 45 years old by police, but as 52 in jail records

Old 03-08-2018, 01:37 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,582,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
But only one state in the country has declared itself a sanctuary state.

I think the politicians know this isn't as popular (among citizens and legal residents anyway) as they tout it to be, which is why we were never allowed to vote on it.
Not true:

Jeanne Ives Targets Illinois 'Sanctuary State' Law in Republican Primary | Breitbart

Old 03-08-2018, 02:10 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,769,907 times
In N CA people are bitching about illegals. Those doing the complaining? Ranchers and growers who can't find anyone to do the ag work they need. Most of N CA is Super Trump, State of Jefferson types. But the work is not getting done. Last fall just one olive grower needed 100 workers and couldn't find them. Most of the homeless and criminals up here are either mentally ill, drug addicted, or unemployable ex cons...and an overwhelming majority of them are good old home grown white guys.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:12 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,486,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I guess I am just weird but I like that California is and always has been a diverse place.
Not particularly until after 1965. I was born here in 1960 and at that time the state was estimated to be 80% non-Hispanic white. My parents arrived here just before the entry of the US in WWII. In 1940 the non-Hispanic white population was 90%. When estimates became concrete figures in 1970 (census began asking about "Spanish" origin) the state was still 72% non-Hispanic white. Until then the vast majority of Hispanics were in metro Los Angeles. There were relatively few even in your border city (San Diego was like a Midwestern city on the Pacific). My own county (Butte) in NorCal was over 90% non-Hispanic white as late as 1990. I didn't see a Mexican in person until I was in elementary school. There was one girl in our entire school and I asked my parents about her. I explained she was dark but not a black person. They laughed and said "she's a Mexican". So yeah, not all of California was "diverse" until relatively recently.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:15 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,582,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
In N CA people are bitching about illegals. Those doing the complaining? Ranchers and growers who can't find anyone to do the ag work they need. Most of N CA is Super Trump, State of Jefferson types. But the work is not getting done. Last fall just one olive grower needed 100 workers and couldn't find them. Most of the homeless and criminals up here are either mentally ill, drug addicted, or unemployable ex cons...and an overwhelming majority of them are good old home grown white guys.
Good, then let the crops rot. I'm sick of the pro-illegal buttkissing.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:32 PM

24,492 posts, read 33,228,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

How DO YOU FEEL about illegal aliens living in your state?
Everybody wants to live in California - the homeless from red states, the illegals from outside the border, the rich foreigners, even right-wing talk pundits. Californians are used to people dying to be here, come hell or high water. Do I care that there are illegals here? Not one bit.
Really? Every American should be concerned about law breakers (illegal aliens) being in their state. They are, after all, law breakers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.