Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 03:23 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Only weak men think crap like this.
And only obtuse morons ignore facts and real problems presented to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 03:26 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I have 4 sons and 1 daughter. They all have relatively the same amount of education but my daughter is doing better than any of them. And she earning more than her husband and moving up the ladder while opportunities are just not there for him.

This is real.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:40 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Men are getting it from all directions, potential jail bait to wuzzies. My advice, take charge and turn off the television. Go play baseball or something. Later today, I'm sitting my nephew. I think we'll go jump in muddy puddles.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:50 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Men are getting it from all directions, potential jail bait to wuzzies. My advice, take charge and turn off the television. Go play baseball or something. Later today, I'm sitting my nephew. I think we'll go jump in muddy puddles.
There has been no decline in boys/men sports participation, and today's youth all the way from High School, College and Pro are better and more skilled in sports then ever before.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:12 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Whether Carlson is likable/creepy or not (the video clip is the first I've ever seen of him) is beside the point. What exactly is he saying that people aren't agreeing with that they think is factually incorrect? They seem to be valid points to me, even if the messenger isn't one's favorite. A sampling of more detailed analysis of what he is talking about (and note ironically many of these sources that agree with his findings are often accused of having a liberal bias):

Declining testosterone in men
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0d467d4c224b3

Men having shorter life span
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...n-201602199137

Men more likely to commit suicide
https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

Men more likely to abuse and overdose on drugs, including opioids
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...-substance-use

Gender pay gap issue
The Gender Wage Gap Myth and 5 Other Feminist Fantasies | Time

Men's disproportionate incarceration
https://www.prisonpolicy.org/graphs/genderinc.html

Men lagging behind in higher educational enrollment
https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...nority/536103/
To be fair most of those are not new phenomenon.

Men have always had a shorter lifespan, been more likely to commit suicide, more likely to be abuse drugs, and more likely to commit crime.

There could be declining testosterone as more people have office style jobs. There are also possible positives with declining testosterone. Testosterone is linked to higher aggression. Violent criminals are more likely to have higher testosterone. At the same time as testosterone has fallen, what has happened to America's murder rate? It has dropped. Japan has low testosterone, and a very low violent crime rate. Certainly, testosterone doesn't cause crime alone, but a bunch of men acting aggressively can lead to that.

Men do perform worse in schools, perhaps there is a gender bias against men in schools, but perhaps this is also because scientifically the male mind takes years longer to fully develop than the female mind. And due to the genetic nature of IQ (cue the typical science deniers) with genes correlated to the structure of the brain being found on the X Chromosome, men have more variation in their brains...so men are more likely to have low IQs and mental conditions like autism. Moreover, men are more likely to get a job our trade right out of high school.

The obesity rates for BMI were created years ago and we do need to eat better as a society, but aren't the numbers inflated due to more body builders? A lot of fit people in the gym are obese per BMI, because muscle weighs much more than fat.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:30 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
^^ In some ways, that's actually worse because the problem has been swept under the rug for so long and continues to be done.

A huge unanswered question is if men have poorer health and quality of life measures, why are there not the various campaigns that women get? It seems every day there is a new campaign for women's health (physical, mental, emotional), women's self actualization, women's education needs-with the disparities starting very young, women's work-life balance, etc., etc. Men don't get the same attention, but if a man's lifespan is typically years less (which is not at all insignificant) and has been for years, that's even more of a disparity because it would seem attention should have been placed on that by now. Can you imagine the attention and outrage that women would give this issue if their life span was half a decade shorter than males? Do mens' lives not matter?

And if men do commit more crime, that's not the whole story because there's a rampant disparity in how men and women are treated once they commit crimes (mens bonds are often much higher, their punishments are often much more severe, the media attention is often much harsher for a man).

Old 03-08-2018, 05:50 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is a non-issue. Tucker Carlson has no credibility or integrity. You can have my post deleted a million times. Still remains the same.

Just because an entertainment tv talk show tries to convince people of something doesn't mean it is real.

Real men don't have empowerment issues. Maybe some of you do -- but well that's your issue.

And it makes perfect sense to me why a man like Tucker Carlson has to do a series like this. His short comings don't make a valid argument or FACTUAL....lol

As a mom of three boys -- trust me -- they don't feel any less empowered than mend did 40 years ago.....
As a man raised by a single mom?

I was taught how to survive from a different perspective.

A lot of men do succumb to Social Darwinism.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:51 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Liberals, leftists, progressives, whatever you want to call them, many have gained control of academia, news & media organizations, Hollywood, etc.
Even in the legal profession, the double standards of divorce and custody of the children is astounding. Many of those in power are older white liberal/leftist men, and as they die off, women of many stripes are taking their place and going even more to the left.

Heck the other day I was watching a joint emergency type of drill with cops and firefighters gathered in one area.
The number of women were astounding compared with just 20 years ago. Many were small and clearly not capable of meeting the old physical standards you needed to be a cop or firefighter. So because of programs like affirmative action the standards were consistently lowered until the departments met their consent decrees or "diversity goals".
That is just code for discrimination based on gender or race, against men, and whites in particular.

`
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds a tad like you are saying male self esteem is dependent on oppressing others.

There were no sports for girls when I went to high school. For crying out loud we learned to square dance in gym class, tossed basketballs at each other and for those inclined, cheered for boys sport teams. Tough toenails that althletic funding has to be shared.

Men continue to dominate high income/ senior management and politics, for now.

Crime is a choice, always. Most violent and property crimes are committed by men. This was true 100 years ago and remains true today.

Takes a male and female engaging in unprotected sex to produce a baby. Why do so many males shirk their responsibility to be a father to their offspring? Why is it necessary for courts to garnish wages of mostly men to support their offspring?

How did you get that from Vector1's post?

Old 03-08-2018, 05:53 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
If this was true, then why, for example, can't you name one female business billionaire off the top of your head? Who didn't marry into it.

Can you name one male billionaire that did marry into it?

Old 03-08-2018, 05:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Why is 6 ok to compare women and men but not races?
Maybe because this thread is about gender, not race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies