Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 02:46 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^This. Elections have consequences.

Frankly, I blame the 2016 non-voters and 3rd party voters. Because of them, here we are.
You have no right blaming any 3rd party voters. Please explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 02:47 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet that is on many Marxist wish list.

The only large scale fights, are going to be in the heads of the mentally insane loony left.

Another textualist, up to bat!
I think a balanced court serves the public interests.

The whole public. As intended.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:

Frankly, I blame the 2016 non-voters and 3rd party voters. Because of them, here we are.
Couldn't be because a lying crooked sell out was nominated, could it?

Old 06-27-2018, 02:48 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
Morning Joe show will need a Defibrillator on the set tomorrow morning.....

Old 06-27-2018, 02:49 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Wrong, as usual.

I do support the president, did as a candidate. For the simple reason I wanted the appointment of conservative justices because they best guarantee that the constitution is interpreted and applied as originally written, in cases that come before the Supreme Court.

It is why I believe that Chief Justice Roberts was correct in his majority opinion re. the individual mandate as a tax and not a penalty, despite the fact I opposed the individual mandate.

You construct is one of politics, mine and many other conservatives is one of constitutionality.

Yuge difference. Stick with the constitution and things will work out. That, is truly what liberals and progressives do not understand, nor apparently want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This is the biggest reason most Trump supporters support him so devoutly. They want to see SCOTUS justices that will overturn Roe v Wade and reverse marriage equality. They see Trump as their last shot at establishing a Baptist theocracy in the US.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:49 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Theocracy here we come. The people running this country have no regard for the Constitution and separation of church and state. The people running the country today believe that the Bible is the law of the land and the Constitution is subservient to it. The only person standing in the way was Justice Kennedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTmZ_lNJUu4
your video shows someone no one has ever heard about ranting three years ago against gay marriage.
is that all you have to support your crazed persecution fantasies?

Old 06-27-2018, 02:50 PM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:

People could blame Ross Perot for Clinton getting elected two times and getting less than 50% of the vote in both races. Or maybe blame Perot for republican losing both races. I blame 3rd party voters for electing a serial womanizer and producing Hillary two runs for the presidency.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:51 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Pack. The. Court. 2020.

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
This is a huge win for Trump and his far-right supporters.

With Ginsburg probably gone before 2020, Trump would have a chance to form a 6-3 "hard right" SCOTUS, it would be heavily imbalanced in favor of the far-right.

Over the next 30 years, through policy, the far-right will be able to reshape the country into the Christian Society that people like Sessions and Pence dream of.

How far in the future does that show Handmaid's Tale take place? In the show, a Christian military has taken over the United States. Homosexuality and abortion are punishable by death. Women are not allowed to control money. With a 6-3 SCOTUS for the foreseeable future, that new world doesn't seem to be so fictional.

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Wrong, as usual.

I do support the president, did as a candidate. For the simple reason I wanted the appointment of conservative justices because they best guarantee that the constitution is interpreted and applied as originally written, in cases that come before the Supreme Court.

It is why I believe that Chief Justice Roberts was correct in his majority opinion re. the individual mandate as a tax and not a penalty, despite the fact I opposed the individual mandate.

You construct is one of politics, mine and many other conservatives is one of constitutionality.

Yuge difference. Stick with the constitution and things will work out. That, is truly what liberals and progressives do not understand, nor apparently want.
This ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies