Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 03:02 PM

88,729 posts, read 44,535,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Wrong, as usual.

I do support the president, did as a candidate. For the simple reason I wanted the appointment of conservative justices because they best guarantee that the constitution is interpreted and applied as originally written, in cases that come before the Supreme Court.

It is why I believe that Chief Justice Roberts was correct in his majority opinion re. the individual mandate as a tax and not a penalty, despite the fact I opposed the individual mandate.

Your construct is one of politics, mine and many other conservatives is one of constitutionality.

Yuge difference. Stick with the constitution and things will work out. That, is truly what liberals and progressives do not understand, nor apparently want.
Exactly. THAT is what they will NEVER understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 03:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
That is not what anyone is looking to do. Conservative judges just follow the law as written.
What law as written allows for us to cede our privacy rights simply because we freely engage in business with a company like the conservative justices ruled in the cell phone case?

Old 06-27-2018, 03:05 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,265,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You have no right blaming any 3rd party voters. Please explain.
I’m pretty sure I do have the right to my opinion, but thanks for playing.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Well, Timmyy, I certainly respect you, but... Tossing votes to a 3rd party candidate (in this current 2-party system) isn’t going to be impactful—that person isn’t going to get elected. You are essentially throwing away your vote...and in such an important election as 2016 was, I don’t think it’s a smart thing to do.

Aren’t their other ways to ensure the viability of a 3rd party candidate? A stronger grass-roots campaign?

Maybe it’s just my frustration over the reality star president’s ridiculousness, but...2016 was just too important. Having said that, though... if you are comfortable with the way Trump is taking this country, then YMMV. I was sharing my own opinion.
If it's that important you pick someone other than a cheating lying sell out.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
The way Trump successfully trolls the left via twitter, I would love to see him suggesting Roy Moore in a tweet just to mess with them.
Actually, that would be hilarious. I sincerely hope he does it. Actually, why don’t you tweet him that gem of an idea.

Elections have consequences. This one will hurt. I hope the country can rebound.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:10 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,946,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’m pretty sure I do have the right to my opinion, but thanks for playing.
Oh, its fair for you to have an opinion, thats fine. Its just not based in reality or fact, unless you can explain otherwise.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:15 PM

24,490 posts, read 33,209,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Very good chance of it. Trump's mark on the SCOTUS will last for at least another full generation.
One of many reasons why we should be grateful that Trump won the presidency.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:17 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,479,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
That is where we are headed. A Handmaid's Tale takes place in the near future so within 5-10 years. I think that is right on target. I think anybody who doesn't want to live in a country ruled by Bible law i.e. a fundamentalist Christian version of Iran and Saudi Arabia needs to start thinking about possibly preparing to leave the country if it comes to that. I'm not saying it ever will come to that but things are headed in an extremely ominous direction.
The USA was a Christian country from 1776 - 2008, with overtly Christian presidents and predominatly Christians in other high offices, and with Christian oriented institutions. It is not like we need to speculate about what that might be like for us.

Seriously, you guys need to get a grip on reality, because you clearly do not currently have one.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why not answer instead? You want to demean others but not answer for that.

The (D)'s had the opportunity to pick a decent person as their candidate. They didn't.
Answer? You’re just getting off on posting your standard HRC hate. Find someone else too play with.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:18 PM

652 posts, read 338,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Kennedy won't retire as long as Trump is around. None of them will.
Wrong again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies