Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 08:24 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Hold off selecting a justice. Should let the next President choose. Follow the McConnell logic. Delay and put off.
Worked last time, why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 08:52 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Hold off selecting a justice. Should let the next President choose. Follow the McConnell logic. Delay and put off.

Is this a presidential election year?

No?

Then no

Old 06-30-2018, 06:25 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Isn't it strange how it always involve them. Why do you think that is? Even Trump's sons admitted the Russian financial angle.

Why do you think Kennedy really retired? He had already selected his clerks for next term in preparation for upcoming work.

And then ... gone.
Well Gosh, do you even consider that he is retiring because he's in his 80s and might want to just kick back for the few remaining years of his life? I guess that's so far fetched to some people. He might have even discovered a health issue recently that convinced him enough was enough with work. Is he not a human being?

Old 06-30-2018, 08:15 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Well Gosh, do you even consider that he is retiring because he's in his 80s and might want to just kick back for the few remaining years of his life? I guess that's so far fetched to some people. He might have even discovered a health issue recently that convinced him enough was enough with work. Is he not a human being?
Perhaps. Then again ...

Old 06-30-2018, 08:18 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Perhaps. Then again ...
If your boss says my corp needs you, will you work to age 81? or stay on past that?

Kennedy served our nation 3 decades, but he is old.

I sincerely hope he enjoys a lengthy, well deserved retirement.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:03 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Trump is, so far, the best president of my lifetime, and easily the best president that's represented me since I became able to vote in 1998.

Is he vulgar? Yes. Do I like his vulgarity? Not at all.

But all things the same, he's easily been the best president of my lifetime.

All of them to some degree have been a disgrace.

Reagan legalizing 4 million illegal alien invaders? Disgraceful. Reagan appointing a RINO in Kennedy? Sick.

Clinton was an okay president, all things considered. I think he was probably the second best president of my lifetime, though still behind Trump. Some of Clinton appointments to judgeship have been atrocious. But he made statements against the invasion and for the working man. That was first class.

Obama and Bush? They are among the most disgraceful "presidents" this poor country has ever had the displeasure of commander-in-chief.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:07 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Trump is, so far, the best president of my lifetime, and easily the best president that's represented me since I became able to vote in 1998.

Is he vulgar? Yes. Do I like his vulgarity? Not at all.

But all things the same, he's easily been the best president of my lifetime.

All of them to some degree have been a disgrace.

Reagan legalizing 4 million illegal alien invaders? Disgraceful. Reagan appointing a RINO in Kennedy? Sick.

Clinton was an okay president, all things considered. I think he was probably the second best president of my lifetime, though still behind Trump. Some of Clinton appointments to judgeship have been atrocious. But he made statements against the invasion and for the working man. That was first class.

Obama and Bush? They are among the most disgraceful "presidents" this poor country has ever had the displeasure of commander-in-chief.
And, now we are on the verge of solidifying a constitutionalist Court. Imagine if we’d ended up with a Romney. He’d have given in in a heartbeat to the leftist thuggery now taking place. Thank goodness we have a President who isn’t afraid of controversy and who won’t give in to the left’s tantrums.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
And, now we are on the verge of solidifying a constitutionalist Court. Imagine if we’d ended up with a Romney. He’d have given in in a heartbeat to the leftist thuggery now taking place. Thank goodness we have a President who isn’t afraid of controversy and who won’t give in to the left’s tantrums.
Yes.

I voted "independent" in 2012 Romney made me so sick. I couldn't vote that year!

In hindsight, with all the carnage that Nobama left behind, I kind of regretted it.

But oh well!

Trump has been fantastic.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:47 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Amen.

I said in 2016 at election time, Trump would get to pick at least 2 or 3.

This is wonderful.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Amen.

I said in 2016 at election time, Trump would get to pick at least 2 or 3.

This is wonderful.
Now we just need that wretched Bolshevik RBG to p*** off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies